Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 11:50 PM

69 posts, read 150,007 times

Advertisements

Most Common Questions asked by Non-Muslims

Q1. Why is a man allowed to have more than one wife in Islam? i.e. why is polygamy allowed in Islam?

Q2. If a man is allowed to have more than one wife, then why does Islam prohibit a woman from having more than one husband?

Q3. Why does Islam degrade women by keeping them behind the veil?

Q4. How can Islam be called the religion of peace when it was spread by the sword?

Q5. Why are most of the Muslims fundamentalists and terrorists?

Q6. Killing an animal is a ruthless act. Why then do Muslims consume non-vegetarian food?

Q7. Why do Muslims slaughter the animal in a ruthless manner by torturing it and slowly and painfully killing it?

IslamBasics
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2008, 01:29 AM

790 posts, read 1,733,296 times
I would like to know why the prophet Muhammad, with Allah guiding him, had to resort to violence and wage war against his neighbours? Surely someone who has an all powerful being telling you what to do wouldn't need to kill to settle your differences. In my opinion, this means, that either Allah was not guiding him or Allah loves wars -after all, war is the result of our inability to understand and communicate with each other.

Old 11-27-2008, 04:07 AM

1,217 posts, read 4,033,769 times
Is killing an animal a ruthless act? Or is that just your opinion? If it is, then keep it out because those of us who eat meat/fish, wear leather, fur, silk or down don't feel that way.

Old 11-27-2008, 06:48 AM

3,863 posts, read 6,296,774 times
What exactly is the goal of the Deccan Mujahideen in killing all of those people in India? Do they really think that this sort of action will compel people to change to the muslim faith??

Old 11-27-2008, 11:51 PM

69 posts, read 150,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindle View Post
I would like to know why the prophet Muhammad, with Allah guiding him, had to resort to violence and wage war against his neighbours? Surely someone who has an all powerful being telling you what to do wouldn't need to kill to settle your differences. In my opinion, this means, that either Allah was not guiding him or Allah loves wars -after all, war is the result of our inability to understand and communicate with each other.
Perhaps you don't read the hole thread because the answer for your question is in it question 4)
IslamBasics

Old 11-29-2008, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by souhilo1 View Post
Perhaps you don't read the hole thread because the answer for your question is in it question 4)
IslamBasics
no it's not - at least not in Q4. My question is why would Muhammed need to wage war when he has Allah guiding him - Allah, if he were so powerful, would have infinite knowledge and not need to go to war. He would know how to avoid war and would tell Muhammed what to do to avoid war. Either Allah did not really guide Muhammed, Allah is not smart enough to avoid war or Allah wants us to kill each other.

Old 11-29-2008, 02:27 AM

1,216 posts, read 2,264,105 times
Quote:
no it's not - at least not in Q4. My question is why would Muhammed need to wage war when he has Allah guiding him - Allah, if he were so powerful, would have infinite knowledge and not need to go to war. He would know how to avoid war and would tell Muhammed what to do to avoid war. Either Allah did not really guide Muhammed, Allah is not smart enough to avoid war or Allah wants us to kill each other.
mohammed pbuh didn't wage wars , the enemies are the ones whom waged the wars against muslims in the first place
muslims be commanded by God to fight for the sake of thier relegion for testing thier hearts
muslims were very weak in strength and numbers , most of them were slaves not used to fight

read these verses

3-140 If a wound has afflicted you (at Ohud), a wound like it has also afflicted the (unbelieving) people; and We bring these days to men by turns, and that Allah may test those who believe and take witnesses from among you ; and Allah does not love the unjust.

3-141 And that Allah may prove those who believe, and may blight the disbelievers.

3-142 Do you think that you will enter the garden while Allah has not yet test those who strive hard from among you, and (He has not) test the patient ?!

Quote:
Either Allah did not really guide Muhammed, Allah is not smart enough to avoid war or Allah wants us to kill each other
oh , yeah , this comparison take me to the similar comparison as
why destruction and evil and wars existing in the world ?
either God ( glory be to him ) powerless to prevent it , or God wants us to kill each other
you can consider God of any relegion with this kind of conclusions

this view have nothing to do with islam specifically , so it's out of the purpose of this thread

Old 11-29-2008, 02:56 AM

Quote:
mohammed pbuh didn't wage wars , the enemies are the ones whom waged the wars against muslims in the first place
muslims be commanded by God to fight for the sake of thier relegion for testing thier hearts
muslims were very weak in strength and numbers , most of them were slaves not used to fight
and yet Allah was not wise enough to tell Muhammed how to avoid the war? It takes two to fight, regardless of who starts it.

Quote:
So God wants muslims to fight to prove something? That doesn't sound very peaceful at all.

Quote:
oh , yeah , this comparison take me to the similar comparison as
why destruction and evil and wars existing in the world ?
no it's not. Who has Allah talking to them directly and not through interpretations of a religious text?

Quote:
this view have nothing to do with islam specifically , so it's out of the purpose of this thread
yes it does. I will say this one last time. Muhammed had Allah talking to him and guiding him directly. Despite Allah who is supposed to have infinite knowledge, wisdom and power, he still could not stop Muhammed having to wage war.

Old 11-29-2008, 05:23 AM

1,216 posts, read 2,264,105 times
Quote:
and yet Allah was not wise enough to tell Muhammed how to avoid the war? It takes two to fight, regardless of who starts it.

So God wants muslims to fight to prove something? That doesn't sound very peaceful at all.

no it's not. Who has Allah talking to them directly and not through interpretations of a religious text?

yes it does. I will say this one last time. Muhammed had Allah talking to him and guiding him directly. Despite Allah who is supposed to have infinite knowledge, wisdom and power, he still could not stop Muhammed having to wage war.
okey , tell me your relegion if you are not athiest

and how your God deal with such a matter

thank you

Old 11-29-2008, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
okey , tell me your relegion if you are not athiest

and how your God deal with such a matter

thank you
I'm agnostic, but let's take for example, the story of Moses who supposedly parted the red sea, crossed it with his people, then closed it so the pursuing egyptians couldn't cross. Wouldn't that be an example of how a powerful God avoided bloodshed?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam