Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2007, 07:56 AM

311 posts, read 1,377,147 times

Advertisements

I have a few questions regarding Muslim beliefs and would appreciate the perspective of someone identifying with that faith.

1) What does Islam teach regarding the creation of the world? Did God create the world and if so, how?

2) What is the Islamic position on abortion? Are they generally pro-life or do they generally support abortion on demand?

3) It is my understanding that most Middle Eastern countries are predominently Muslim. I often hear that a particular country, take Saudi Arabia for example, is "90% Muslim". Does this mean that 90% of the population of Saudi Arabia are devout adherents of the faith who attend a mosque, read the Koran and faithfully believe Islamic teachings? Or are there many non-religious people as well who are still included in that figure? I just find it interesting that an entire country (with millions of people) would be devoted to one religion and wondered if that accurately reflects the percentage of people who are actually faithful followers of Islam and not just taking a name that really does not mean anything to them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2007, 07:31 AM

7 posts, read 25,158 times
I just made a long post in another thread, so xcuse me 2put it n shortest form:

1-In Quran (which s like the bible for Christians, but it has no different versions like the bible), it was mentioned that earth and sky were joint together and God separated them, the How part is unknown, but nowadays, physicians said it was like a huge bomb (the big bang if u heard about this term b4). it's possible.

2-As far as I know, if the fetus has the soul (begin to move or somthin.. i think i heard it is after the 3months of pregnancy.. I'm not sure) then it's possible. but if it's moving (i.e. it is an obviously baby) then it's like killing and therefore it is pro-life (thanks 4 the term, I just knew it! )

3-Saudi Arabia is like Vatican in the way that it was based on Islam. There was a bunch of tribes arabian peninsula. Bedouins were mostly fighting against each other, whereas others were peacful villagers living nearby their farms, like my grandfather. The whole area agreed to be united under Islam, and AbdulAziz AlSaud (who was the one unified those people, he's like george washington in the US) will be the king. If the government didn't apply Islam, then probably it'll be kicked. Needless to say, they didn't apply Islam exactly, but this's the answer of your qustion why all Saudis are Muslims.

The golden years of Muslims began 1400 years ago, the country was from spain (west) till China borders (east) & from France borders (north) till south africa. The concept of Islam was obvious and therefore there become many scientist in math, physics, chemistry...etc. for example: algebra is an Arabic word, algorithm is derived from the scientist who invent it alkhawarizmi. and the gr8est invention was.... the zero! there was 1 and null.

here we go again, did i say I'll make it short?! damn! sorry dude. I just wanted to clarify that there's no equal sign b\w Muslims & arabs. there's arabian jews, christians and even atheists. The other thing is, if u want to know Islam better, it's probably better not to observe Muslims, cuz some of them just don't understand Islam well, some of them are extremists, some of them are "muslims by passport". Islam concept is so wide, it's not only about prayers, it's why to live and how to live. Doing business, being accurate in your job, even growing a plant is mentioned. "if the final day comes when u r holding a plant, then instill it" cuz when final day comes, doing a good thing wont be counted anymore, so it's saying be good for the gr8er good.

I hope u got the idea.
there's a site called islam Q&A, I didn't check it well, but i guess it contains somthin about why muslims are muslims, and all this stuff.

Disclaimer! (Microsoft tought us those funky legal puzzles! ):
I hope i didn't confuse u, I'm not good in representing Islam, I'm just sharing with u what I believe is correct, so don't ask me about a provability or reference. i'm an ordinary college student seeking a B+ 4 his current courses, although A would be better! :P and i'm here to see the best place 2complete my master degree if i could.

Old 09-08-2008, 11:50 AM

118 posts, read 246,914 times
I am very pleased to ask about our Islamic faith, thank you

This link if you want to ask for anything for Islam

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/islamqapages/4
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam