Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 08:16 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,126,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gplex View Post
Christo? Don't you me reality base.

Western (modern) science owes its very existence to Galileo Galilei. Galileo, set the foundation of modern science.
Arabic science? No such thing. Science is science, not matter who is working on it.
Huh? Seriously. HUH?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2009, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Christo? Don't you me reality base.

Western (modern) science owes its very existence to Galileo Galilei. Galileo, set the foundation of modern science.
Arabic science? No such thing. Science is science, not matter who is working on it.
I don't understand your post. Are you drunk??

Old 09-30-2009, 08:21 PM

2,782 posts, read 4,166,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astron1000 View Post
I don't understand your post. Are you drunk??
You must be if you can not understand simple English.

Old 09-30-2009, 08:21 PM

1,266 posts, read 1,799,459 times
Quote:
My gods, people. Are you so christo-centric that you don't even pay attention to history?

You do realize of course, that Western science owes its very existence to Arabic sciences? The current numerical system is Arabic in origin. It doesn't matter if you believe in the nonsense of religion or not. Arabic and Persian sciences basically saved the West from the Dark Ages.

Galileo, Copernicus, Brahe and Kepler all owed their education to the Arabic texts. These teachings were the basis of the Renaissance.

Actually, western science owes its existence to the ancient pagan Greeks, whose knowledge the Arabs preserved through the Dark Ages.

Old 09-30-2009, 08:24 PM

2,782 posts, read 4,166,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlueSky_ View Post
Actually, western science owes its existence to the ancient pagan Greeks, whose knowledge the Arabs preserved through the Dark Ages.
If you want to break it down that simple, then modern science owes it existence to anyone who every wrote down tested ideas.

Old 09-30-2009, 08:27 PM

2,901 posts, read 12,726,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I agree, but somewhere Islam lost it's way, and they are the ones now stuck in the dark ages...What do you think holds them back, if not their religion?
Many Christians have lost their way (and/or never had it to begin with) as well and there are countless Muslims who are not "stuck in the dark ages".
There are many cultures (muslim and non muslim) around the world that are not as materially, economically and technologically "advanced" as is the west (for all the good that does - "we" still create a huge amount of ignorant and hateful people!!!!!!!!!!!!!).
http://www.city-data.com/forum/relig...ing-islam.html
There, listen to some advanced, open, educated, aware, kind and loving Muslims.
Did anyone listen to that radio show?
I imagine not.
You'd rather hold fast to your biases.
Whatever.
I'm just sick of this Muslim vs. Christian bs.

Old 09-30-2009, 08:32 PM

Quote:
You must be if you can not understand simple English.
Great.

Let me quote you verbatim:

"Christo? Don't you me reality base.

Arabic science? No such thing. Science is science, not matter who is working on it."

Therefore:

I challenge anyone here to understand what the hell you are talking about. Basically, you are nuts.

Last edited by Astron1000; 09-30-2009 at 08:42 PM..

Old 09-30-2009, 09:08 PM

33,544 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coyoteskye View Post
Many Christians have lost their way (and/or never had it to begin with) as well and there are countless Muslims who are not "stuck in the dark ages".
There are many cultures (muslim and non muslim) around the world that are not as materially, economically and technologically "advanced" as is the west (for all the good that does - "we" still create a huge amount of ignorant and hateful people!!!!!!!!!!!!!).
http://www.city-data.com/forum/relig...ing-islam.html
There, listen to some advanced, open, educated, aware, kind and loving Muslims.
Did anyone listen to that radio show?
I imagine not.
You'd rather hold fast to your biases.
Whatever.
I'm just sick of this Muslim vs. Christian bs.
I did agree that Muslims did a lot for science, in fact they were considered the most advanced in science in their heyday, but I don't think that they haven't contributed much in modern times....Why not?

In the Middle Ages, while Europeans were busy warring, plundering, and burning heretics at the stake, Muslim scholars were inventing the most advanced devices of the day. They refined the scientific method, developed effective cardiac drugs, and built celestial observatories—yet over time their contributions were largely forgotten. Fathers of Invention: What Muslims Gave the Scientific World

Old 09-30-2009, 09:20 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,683,499 times
Quote:
. It doesn't matter if you believe in the nonsense of religion or not. Arabic and Persian sciences basically saved the West from the Dark Ages.
Yes, and it's a crying shame that the Arab world hasn't advanced any further than that by this time in history. They're still stuck in the Dark Ages, while most of the rest of the world has moved on.

Old 09-30-2009, 09:25 PM

2,901 posts, read 12,726,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
Yes, and it's a crying shame that the Arab world hasn't advanced any further than that by this time in history. They're still stuck in the Dark Ages, while most of the rest of the world has moved on.
"most of the rest of us"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam