Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2013, 10:10 PM

15 posts, read 39,066 times

Advertisements

I will be relocating to Jacksonville working at the Mayo Clinic

My wife and I are looking to move into a Condo complex near the Mayo Clinic.

2bed 2 bath
no more than a 1000 a month

Can anyone give a recommendation?

Thanks!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2013, 12:47 PM

3 posts, read 7,620 times
there are a number of them on Hodges.

1 exit west.

Old 09-24-2013, 03:48 PM

15 posts, read 39,066 times
We ended up renting a Condo in IL Villiagio we love it

Old 03-12-2014, 06:58 PM

1 posts, read 1,873 times
Pacnwnursing,
I hope your relocating to Jacksonville has worked out well. My wife is a clinical nurse educator with nearly thirty years experience with everything from medsurg to spending many years in a NICU. She is loaded with certifications and has her masters. We need to move to Jax to take care of my parents. Even with her extensive credentials she is having trouble getting an interview at the Jax Mayo. Is there a secret password or do you have to know someone?

Old 03-18-2014, 07:23 PM

2 posts, read 3,801 times
If she's looking to stay in NICU then there are no positions for her on the Mayo FL campus, as we do not have any sort of obstetrics/maternity/neonate services at this time. But there are many other hospitals in town that do.

Old 03-20-2014, 04:57 PM

14,617 posts, read 21,490,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenxq5471 View Post
Pacnwnursing,ou
I hope your relocating to Jacksonville has worked out well. My wife is a clinical nurse educator with nearly thirty years experience with everything from medsurg to spending many years in a NICU. She is loaded with certifications and has her masters. We need to move to Jax to take care of my parents. Even with her extensive credentials she is having trouble getting an interview at the Jax Mayo. Is there a secret password or do you have to know someone?
Druidia is 100% right when it comes to Mayo JAX and kids. Mayo Rochester deals with kids. Mayo JAX doesn't.

In terms of taking care of parents - although there are many excellent senior facilities here IMO (OTOH - they're far from cheap) - if you/wife have good jobs/a life you like elsewhere - it probably makes more sense to move your parents to where you live than your moving here.

I'm a big believer in this. Elderly parents moving near kids when they need help - and not vice versa. When my inlaws got sick - my husband and I didn't move to North Carolina (where they lived). My late MIL died in NC - and we moved my late FIL here to a SNF after her death for his final years after he had a bad stroke. We didn't move back to south Florida when my late mother got sick. She died in south Florida - and my still living father moved here after her death to an independent senior living facility (he was in his late 80's at the time and is in his mid-90's now and needed some family near him).

We've been dealing with elderly/sick/dying parents for about 20 years now (and my husband and I are both seniors now too - 66 and 68). Unless you have a very compelling reason - yours should move to where you live - and not vice versa. Unless you want to spend most of your middle age moving around the country to take care of parents. Robyn

Old 03-22-2014, 12:22 PM

30 posts, read 45,042 times
It can take a LONG time to get an interview at MAYO. Make sure she fills out the application for every listing that comes out properly and lists that she has every skill they request or no interview.

If you are willing to start PRN at Mayo and other hospitals like St Vincent And Baptist that might be helpful.

Mayo has no OB and no NICU or Nursery, they are also not a trauma center. Mayo Jax also has no peds, residents rotate over at Wolfson/Nemours. It doesn't help that you are not local, there are a lot of qualified local candidates. Largest NICU is at Shands/UF Hospital but Baptist has a large one as well. St Luke's NICU used to be excellent when owned by Mayo for the 28 weekers+ not sure since it went to St Vincent's. Maybe start at Baptist or St Vincent's then try to get on at Mayo PRN. Mayo just cut a lot of their employee benefits starting next year so maybe that helps soften the blow .

For housing there are very few condos near Mayo, but Wolf Creek is a good bet with condos and townhomes just minutes away. I have a friend who lives there. Pool, amenities and nice units. Check with rental property mgmt companies and the MLS, should be lots there.

Have your wife look at contractor positions in Jacksonville for whatever EMR she uses, that's another way to get where you want to go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville