Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 01:26 PM

206 posts, read 573,624 times

Advertisements

Thanks everyone for your input. I will be down there next week to look around some more. Happy summer!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2010, 10:52 PM

i went down for vacation. Now that I am more familiar with the area....I want to go back and look at the Ocean Village Club and St Augustine Ocean and Racquet. I like that area....I stayed at the Coral Reef...I like that area...is that still St Augustine or is that almost crescent beach.

Old 09-23-2010, 07:59 AM

2 posts, read 2,458 times
I live in Hannahs Walk and have for 3 years now. I can say that the majority of the "college students" that live here which is not that many go to a graduate school that's here in St. Augustine not the undergrad Flagler which is downtown. As far as parties there may be one or two evey now and then but I couldnt tell you the last time there was one. There were some renters that had them more often but they are gone and have been for probably at least a year now. I can tell you that the big thing I do not like is the parking but if it is just you and one other, you will be fine. You arent allowed to park on the streets here and they will have you towed if you do, although I havent seen or heard of anyone being towed in a long time. You get your driveway and garage to park in other than that if you have guests whose car wont fit in the drive way they will need to leave their car somewhere or there are friendly people who are only vacationers and dont mind you using their driveways when they arent around. Lets see the other things I could tell you are that ,homeowners dues which are $186.00 a month, trash comes every tue and fri along with recycling, it is 1.5 miles from the beach and 1.5 miles from the hospital, wachovia is across the street as well as a Gate gas station which is open 24 hrs I think if not they are open really late. Hope this helps you!!

Old 09-16-2011, 11:02 PM

Update: I bought a three bedroom in The Preserves and then also one in Crescent Beach. I ended up selling the one in The Preserves and bought one at Quail Hollow in Crescent Beach (thanks to the person who suggested that I also bought one for my son in Las Palmas...he loved it. He is planning on going to Flagler so he will be fine with all the college students in there.

I have really learned a lot on this journey so anyone who is looking to buy a rental condo in St Augustine, or to relocate there...please feel free to email me.

Also...the frame vs concrete is really important for Insurance....but I ended up buying Quail which is frame because I just loved it....Las Palmas is concrete.

thanks to everyone!

Old 09-17-2011, 06:53 PM

1,473 posts, read 3,571,263 times
Thank you for bringing your status up to date. Nice to have closure. I've been looking at condos for a while in St. Augustine (online). I'm curious how you handled the due diligence on the condo association financial status and also what you did about property insurance and its costs. Thanks.

Old 10-06-2011, 11:02 PM

Follow up.
Bought a little place on Crescent Beach in Quail Hollow.
Absolutely love it!!
Thanks everyone!

Old 10-07-2011, 12:11 AM

1,071 posts, read 2,894,994 times
Quail Hollow's exteriors were updated a few years ago. They are very nice for the money. Good to hear you are enjoying living there. Are you on top of the dune or below it?

Old 11-26-2011, 03:40 AM

Thanks!

Old 11-26-2011, 03:44 AM

I contacted the management companies to see how much was in reserves, researched as much as I could, but that is not always a guarantee. I bought one and ended up selling it within a year because, although the looked good on paper, I did not like how it was run. I now am hearing there are some problems with Las Palmas...politics...so I am not too happy about that...but we will see what happens...BTW..that was a great question.
Property insurance I got a few quotes...they all seem to get their insurance from the same place.
I didn't think they were SO bad..but I guess for condo's they are a bit pricey.
Let me know how you make out in your search Ollie..it is nice to have closure

Old 11-28-2011, 10:51 PM

Default Quail Hollow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssclulow View Post
Quail Hollow's exteriors were updated a few years ago. They are very nice for the money. Good to hear you are enjoying living there. Are you on top of the dune or below it?
I face A1A...but surprisingly it's a sweet spot....I really like it.
I will be renting it out this summer if anyone is interested.
My son got into Flagler...gotta help pay for college!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville