Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2016, 08:17 PM

449 posts, read 495,180 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by azsportpilot View Post
be careful with this advice

HireRight verifies salary info provided by the applicant with the IRS website, it's easy just a few clicks and they have outed you as a liar

Who told you that? That would be a violation on part of the IRS as a taxpayer's financial records are confidential.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2016, 08:21 PM

449 posts, read 495,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchemist80 View Post
I really don't know why companies pay Hireright when all they do is badger candidates for the information they are suposed to be verifying.

For Ziellie if they demand a W2 you may need to photoshop/edit it so that your salary/wages match up.
Exactly, HireRight sounds like a pos company. They remind me of the credit monitoring company LifeLock that was caught and prosecuted by the FTC for not monitoring and protecting people's credit information (like they said they would) and just taking people's money.

LifeLock enters $100 million settlement agreement with FTC - Dec. 17, 2015

Old 06-09-2016, 05:03 PM

1 posts, read 14,309 times
Default The company sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockhetHD View Post
Has anyone ever had a HireRight background check performed for a job? What questions does HireRight ask the applicant?
Tell your HireRight experiences...................
I just got my background check completed today. based on the reviews, i was really nervous. I applied to a renowned MNC in software development. Its a big name. I was through interview process and my background check was handed over to Hireright.

They did criminal check - negative - no records found
my past employer - My reference was CEO of the company with his direct extension but hireright filled in a feedback form to connect to company personnel, luckily it finally reached CEO, he spoke and provided reference. i had worked 5 years for the company. All good, Result Discrepancy in end date

Another past employer - closed business - they ignored the reference of the owner of the business. searched all over for a 7 year old closed business , ended up coming back to me asking for my tax documentation. how would that prove my tenure with the company, anyways result: closed - not verified

My Educational background - A degree from international university. They preferred infor from university website, ignored the email addresses coz they were advertised on website but were gmail addresses. Tried finding me on ALumni which was a paid membership and best part was my degree was from a year that was before internet came to existance . They further hired a paid vendor for verification process. Completed - discrepancy (start date not verified ... lol end date was verified , degree was completed and it was 3 year degree on the website. they had copy of my degree as well and all DMCs

End result, I am joining mew company in two weeks. HR was kind and very helpful. I appreciate how responsive they were through all this stressful process. I have not provided Tax docs still waiting on govt officials to send me the copy but i guess that wont even be required.

Moral of the story : They are just a stress to bear for 3 weeks and if you have good HR dept for the company and you are honest on your resume or info provided, you dont need to worry !

Good luck !

Old 06-22-2016, 07:07 AM

1 posts, read 14,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matibob View Post
As for Criminal Records, only Convictions would be reflective. Just an FYI.....
WRONG!
Received my report 2 days ago. Conviction from 24 years ago was on it along with 2 dismissed charges. Oh, and absolutely no work history was reported.
Hireright is another incompetent agency that is only good at collecting money.
The information they do have is sent to them unverified.

Old 06-23-2016, 06:19 AM

3,657 posts, read 3,287,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunslngr View Post
In addition, the whole request for past pay info is another WTF? moment. I DO NOT LIST WHAT MY FORMER JOBS PAID, PERIOD. The only rationale a company has for asking this is: 1) They want to see whether they an rip you off on salary, 2) They don't know what the hell they are doing regarding compensation so they rather trust someone else's assessment of your worth rather than their own, and 3) they want to see a predictable income path, with no losses or big gains. It makes you a "safer" bet as you haven't had to take a lower-paying job or were overcompensated at a position which might make you uppity. If they want my financials, they better come with a court-order to get them. Remember if you give that information out, HR has it and it is part of the required information to build a fake financial history in order to defraud. That's why HR is such a popular place to steal data and HR is a sieve for information. There are sites like dbloss (dot) org that show the amounts of data stolen from companies and it's horrifying. Human Resources Canada (a huge Canadian firm) lost a portable hard drive with the names, addresses, phone numbers **social ID numbers** etc. for multiple years for 585,000 people. The FIRST lawsuit filed is for $600 million Canadian.

HR is NOT your friend.
Salary history is bogus. The employer has a budget of what to pay for a job. If they will pay $50K for the job, they don't care if you made $100K doing the exact same thing at your last job, they aren't going to match or beat it. A friend of mine has told me for the last few jobs, he has always left current and past salaries blank, and no one demanded him to provide that information. It is meaningless, anyway.

Another friend of mine did provide salary history and his salary history was textbook, with bumps along the way at each job. The idiot from HR requested this information, and against his better judgement provided it anyway. So the idiot from HR calls him up, asking if he would take 10% lower pay than he was currently making, and the reason was "We have very low turn-over in these jobs because people are so happy working here". Which is insulting to say, what is so say this guy wasn't happy where he was at already but needed to make more money because he's now supporting an aging relative.

And if you were making $100K and taking a job for $50K, they are going to think you are a burn-out and about to be fired, while some people simply have personal and professional reasons for changing jobs and locations.

Old 06-24-2016, 04:38 PM

1 posts, read 14,141 times
How many years does background checks go?

Old 06-28-2016, 12:19 PM

108 posts, read 230,650 times
So i read in the 2013 part of this thread that HireRihht only reports convictions for pre employment checks, but a more recent post indicates that their report brought up an arrest or two even though no conviction. So which is it? Is there anything under EEOC or other agency that covers this?

Three years ago I applied to one company and the arrest came up. I explained they weren't conviction, but offer got pulled. Last year I was accepted to a new job after background check (forget who it was that ran it, but it wasn't HireRight.

So now I'm confused if arrests and no convictions are reported or even if a company sees it, they have not take it into their decision since it is no conviction? If it makes a difference the last company that offered me the job and didnt bring up findings im d background is a publicly traded company which operates under SOX, so not sure if that would make a difference.

Old 07-27-2016, 10:18 AM

1 posts, read 13,850 times
Exclamation HireRight

Hire Right is costing me a job. I have verified everything and they are still trying to make it look like they don't have verification. "do not use them."

Old 08-24-2016, 01:34 PM

1 posts, read 13,561 times
Question: where can I take a look at my report?

I was told 2 days ago by my potential employer that I needed to go through a background check. So I requested the check on HireRight website and it was pretty straightforwards, only asking my name, DOB, SSN, address and date of move in etc. Did not even ask my education history or work history. Maybe because I just graduated 3 months ago.

I just logged in my HireRight account and found that my report "is ready and was sent to the employer", which is pretty time-efficient ...But I wonder where I can take a look at my report? is it free?

Thanks!

Old 09-12-2016, 06:37 PM

1 posts, read 13,385 times
Hi guys,

I recently got a job offer and have to go to the process with Hire Right. Im nervous because I said I was still employed by my last company, but actually left 6 months ago do to family issues. When I was back in the job market, a lot of my friends in recruiting gave me advice to say I'm still employed.

If I click the option I'm currently employed, and for them not to contact my current employer, with providing a W2 from last year, would I be in the clear? Any advice would be much appreeciated!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search