Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2014, 11:08 PM

2,294 posts, read 2,791,099 times

Advertisements

From that same source

Quote:
An oral offer cannot be enforced against the offerer for agreements concerning real estate, contracts for the sale of goods priced at $500 or more, and transactions that cannot be completed within one year. Such agreements must be in writing to be enforceable.
I'm assuming you were expecting this job to be for more than 1 year? At a minimum the value is going to be an issue.

Either way, the main point remains, no acceptance means no contract and an offer can be rescinded any time up until acceptance. Let's say this was an offer by legal standards. No acceptance and he changes his mind means no contract(verbal or otherwise) and no compensation due.

At best, you have a rescinded offer which is also legal.

However, you still don't have the full making of a contract. Let's assume that he doesn't rescind though and that this offer is exactly what has transpired so far. You offer to work in exchange for what? That's not part of the agreement yet. What if he he meant you could have an unpaid job and you would be working for free? Your offer so far hasn't mentioned the details of employment has it?

Without that, you don't have a full offer, and without a full offer, there's nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2014, 11:25 PM

3,092 posts, read 1,959,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Okay this is my last roundy rounder on this thread.

I am a business owner, I know the actual concept of authority within a company and I can guarantee you that you do not have an offer of employment and never had an offer of employment.

A successful, responsible, business owner does NOT hire friends of a cousin over text on a cell phone and they do not give a verbal offer without an application, resume, interview, documented legal requirements, background check, drug test and whatever else they may need to legally employ you.
It does not happen no matter what you choose to believe.

So as a successful, responsible, business owner I can tell you with factual absolute authority that what you think you have you do not "factually" have.
This post is utter horsechit. You may not hire people without having them jump through these hoops, that doesn't mean other business owners don't. If I were you I wouldn't be bragging about how smart you are, either. Drug testing a necessary component to hiring? Puh-leaze.

Old 11-04-2014, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeo123 View Post
From that same source

I'm assuming you were expecting this job to be for more than 1 year? At a minimum the value is going to be an issue.

Either way, the main point remains, no acceptance means no contract and an offer can be rescinded any time up until acceptance. Let's say this was an offer by legal standards. No acceptance and he changes his mind means no contract(verbal or otherwise) and no compensation due.

At best, you have a rescinded offer which is also legal.

However, you still don't have the full making of a contract. Let's assume that he doesn't rescind though and that this offer is exactly what has transpired so far. You offer to work in exchange for what? That's not part of the agreement yet. What if he he meant you could have an unpaid job and you would be working for free? Your offer so far hasn't mentioned the details of employment has it?

Without that, you don't have a full offer, and without a full offer, there's nothing.
"The bad guys always try to complicate the simple."
dysgenic

Your 'point' is not a 'point' at all as it is not backed up by the definition given by the source that you provided. That definition says squat about acceptance and it does not say anything about a right of recision, either.

As to the details (salary, benefits, and such), I'm not going to share them with you but they were certainly disclosed to my friend- verbally.

Old 11-04-2014, 12:10 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,506,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dysgenic View Post
This post is utter horsechit. You may not hire people without having them jump through these hoops, that doesn't mean other business owners don't. If I were you I wouldn't be bragging about how smart you are, either. Drug testing a necessary component to hiring? Puh-leaze.
Actually it is a necessary component to being hired to work for my company as well as a legal requirement to work for my company in addition to random drug tests, specific certifications and experience as well as the ability to get a passport and legally enter and exit federal ports.
These are not only my hoops alone these are federally mandated hoops that have to be jumped through because of the industry I am in.

If I were you I would not be bragging about having a job offer than you never had and assuming that every company hires a bunch of schleps off the street and does not require by law specific requirements.
Obviously you know nothing about a lot of responsible, successful companies and their work force.

Old 11-04-2014, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Actually it is a necessary component to being hired to work for my company as well as a legal requirement to work for my company in addition to random drug tests, specific certifications and experience as well as the ability to get a passport and legally enter and exit federal ports.
These are not only my hoops alone these are federally mandated hoops that have to be jumped through because of the industry I am in.

If it's federally mandated it's federally mandated. That's a horse of a different color. Just don't make it a badge of honor that you make people jump through hoops. If anything, to me it demonstrates short sightedness.

Quote:
If I were you I would not be bragging about having a job offer than you never had and assuming that every company hires a bunch of schleps off the street and does not require by law specific requirements.
Obviously you know nothing about a lot of responsible, successful companies and their work force
First of all I did have a job offer, both factually and legally.
Second- dude I've been part of companies before, including 2 startups that are still in business. Once I was even a partner in a company. Your stuffed shirt mentality doesn't impress me in the slightest, I can assure you of that.

It's not a matter of responsibility to make people jump through hoops, it's a waste of time and money.

Old 11-04-2014, 03:44 AM

1,314 posts, read 2,063,469 times
Please, don't ever let this end. I have forsaken all other leisure pursuits and eagerly await the next installment.

Old 11-04-2014, 04:00 AM

Not one person has been able to offer any evidence whatsoever that a legal offer is different than a factual offer.
This is exhibit A that I received both a factual and legal offer.

Old 11-04-2014, 04:15 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,506,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dysgenic View Post
If it's federally mandated it's federally mandated. That's a horse of a different color. Just don't make it a badge of honor that you make people jump through hoops. If anything, to me it demonstrates short sightedness.

First of all I did have a job offer, both factually and legally.
Second- dude I've been part of companies before, including 2 startups that are still in business. Once I was even a partner in a company. Your stuffed shirt mentality doesn't impress me in the slightest, I can assure you of that.

It's not a matter of responsibility to make people jump through hoops, it's a waste of time and money.

It's a good thing I don't live my life to impress you or anyone else.
For the record the requirements I have would be in place no matter what is federally mandated.
Last and most importantly "Dude", there is nothing about requiring specific training, verifiable documentation, and experience that is short sighted. It is responsible to be legal and as safe as possible when performing a task that requires all of the above at the highest level.
It is a badge of honor to go over and above what is federally required as well.
It gives customers a higher level of confidence that the job will be done properly without fail.

Now, let's get back to the topic at hand which is not me, my company nor my boobs not being stuffed in a too small shirt.

You and your lack of employment offer is the topic and you are still not willing to acknowledge that you do not now and did not ever have an actual offer of employment neither factually nor legally.
No matter how you write things out, the number of times you write the same thing, the different words you use that fact will not change.

So today is the day you are going to go to the family event that isn't even your family, corner the alleged owner of this company and demand he give you an explanation, financial compensation and an apology for the employment offer that you never had.
I strongly urge you take a few hundred dollars cash with you.

Old 11-04-2014, 05:52 AM

2,283 posts, read 3,871,967 times
There's simply no way this is real.

Old 11-04-2014, 06:13 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,206,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadWarrior12 View Post
There's simply no way this is real.

I have to agree. There are few people this ______.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search