Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2014, 09:18 AM

3,092 posts, read 1,951,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
So you're saying you don't live in central Georgia then. Well, I guess you're not who I thought you were. That's one good thing in your favor.
No, I don't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2014, 09:20 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,574,057 times
Legality is all about making you whole. How much money are you out because he backed out of this "factual offer"? Can you prove to a judge exactly how much you are out because he rescinded his offer?

Old 11-04-2014, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlambert View Post
But you just said if I text you it wouldn't be a "legal" job offer. So which is it?

No, I didn't. I told you that if you don't text an offer, it's not an offer. See the difference?

Quote:
It's obvious the chip on your shoulder is almost too large to bear so you are looking for ways to get it off. This is not it. This will likely damage your chance at a career in more ways that you would care to imagine. I'd suggest listening to those of us who may have more knowledge in this area than you do. Whether you admit to it or not (now or after this "confrontation") you know the outcome of this as well as we do. So what is the purpose for pursuing something that could cause damage?
I'm not the one arguing that an offer is not an offer, you are. As to the damage you think I might do, I don't see it that way. I see it as an opportunity to get a job.

Old 11-04-2014, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
Legality is all about making you whole. How much money are you out because he backed out of this "factual offer"? Can you prove to a judge exactly how much you are out because he rescinded his offer?
What facts and evidence did you use to determine that "legality is all about making you whole."

This post strikes me as yet another irrelevant legal opinion not grounded in facts and evidence.

Old 11-04-2014, 09:24 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,448,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dysgenic View Post
As to the damage you think I might do, I don't see it that way. I see it as an opportunity to get a job.
dysgenic (definition):

"promotes survival of less well-adapted individuals, especially at the expense of well-adapted individuals"

Old 11-04-2014, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
dysgenic (definition):

"promotes survival of less well-adapted individuals, especially at the expense of well-adapted individuals"
Ad hominem attack (definition):

Ad hominem - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
An ad hominem (Latin for "to the man" or "to the person"[1]), short for argumentum ad hominem, is a form of criticism directed at something about the person one is criticizing, rather than something (potentially, at least) independent of that person. When used inappropriately, it is a fallacy in which a claim or argument is dismissed on the basis of some irrelevant fact or supposition about the author or the person being criticized.[2] Ad hominem reasoning is not always fallacious, for example, when it relates to the credibility of statements of fact or when used in certain kinds of moral and practical reasoning.[3]

Fallacious Ad hominem reasoning is normally categorized as an informal fallacy,[4][5][6] more precisely as a genetic fallacy,[7] a subcategory of fallacies of irrelevance.[8]

Ad hominem arguments are the converse of appeals to authority, and may be used in response to such appeals, for example, by pointing to the feet of clay of the authority being pointed to.

Last edited by dysgenic; 11-04-2014 at 09:36 AM..

Old 11-04-2014, 09:27 AM

2,294 posts, read 2,783,718 times
Quote:
You've given a bunch of opinions but no facts or evidence that prove that what you are saying is true.
Again, you are trying to complicate the simple. According to your definition, I received a legal offer.

The only way to refute this unassailable fact is to try and complicate the truth with irrelevant legal opinions that are outside the scope of the definition that you provided.
First off, you're calling my post opinions, but I'm giving you the links to the definitions.

No, you have not received a legal offer because you haven't met the requirements for terms as I showed above.

So I'll make the VERY simple to the point you should be able to understand.

Did you communicate your acceptance of the "offer" to the "offerer"?

Obviously no. Therefore there's no contract.

You want the real definitions? Go to the Uniform Commercial Code. The links previously provided were "plain enlish" definitions that were an attempt to simplify things for you to understand without a background in business law, but apparently you want to play semantics and call into question when you don't meet requirements, so try the Real source.

Uniform Commercial Code | UCC - Uniform Commercial Code | LII / Legal Information Institute

Read through that and tell me if you still think you've got a contract. Contract law is complicated. You can't simplify it to extent you're looking for, but an inability to follow the law doesn't change what the law is. I wouldn't expect you to be able to follow it all, however unlike you, I do have a background in this. These aren't uninformed opinions.

Old 11-04-2014, 09:29 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,574,057 times
Quote:
What facts and evidence did you use to determine that "legality is all about making you whole."

This post strikes me as yet another irrelevant legal opinion not grounded in facts and evidence.
You are really special.

Edit: I apologize for my remarks if you really are autistic.

Last edited by Mr_Geek; 11-04-2014 at 10:34 AM..

Old 11-04-2014, 09:32 AM

2,987 posts, read 5,257,971 times
dysgenic, have you made the call yet or talked to the business owner? I stopped fully reading this thread a bit ago, but it appears you haven't initiated contact yet, but maybe I missed it.

Old 11-04-2014, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeo123 View Post
First off, you're calling my post opinions, but I'm giving you the links to the definitions.

No, you have not received a legal offer because you haven't met the requirements for terms as I showed above.

So I'll make the VERY simple to the point you should be able to understand.

Did you communicate your acceptance of the "offer" to the "offerer"?

Obviously no. Therefore there's no contract.

You want the real definitions? Go to the Uniform Commercial Code. The links previously provided were "plain enlish" definitions that were an attempt to simplify things for you to understand without a background in business law, but apparently you want to play semantics and call into question when you don't meet requirements, so try the Real source.

Uniform Commercial Code | UCC - Uniform Commercial Code | LII / Legal Information Institute

Read through that and tell me if you still think you've got a contract. Contract law is complicated. You can't simplify it to extent you're looking for, but an inability to follow the law doesn't change what the law is.
In other words, the source you originally quoted does not fit your argument, so now you want to change the source.
Sorry, that's not the way that it works. I've already proven according to your definition from your source that you posted that I received an offer.

Posting other links to other definitions that contradict what you originally posted just demonstrates that you are not standing by the source that you chose to post.

Anyone can post an endless supply of contradictory sources with the aim of eventually running into a source that supports an irrational argument.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search