Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2014, 08:50 PM

1,135 posts, read 1,313,309 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl22 View Post
Ugh. I rushed home from dinner and nothing.
Lmao
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2014, 05:52 AM

6,009 posts, read 6,671,988 times
Either one of two things will happen.

1.) He will come back in here to tell us all how wrong we were. In this fairytale land, the owner apologized immensely for any stress he caused the OP and offered to compensate him for time wasted. He then offered him a position as Co-CEO for the company and promptly bought him a yacht, which is where he is posting his next response from.

2.) He won't come back.

Old 11-05-2014, 07:17 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,422,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlambert View Post

1.) He will come back in here to tell us all how wrong we were. In this fairytale land, the owner apologized immensely for any stress he caused the OP and offered to compensate him for time wasted. He then offered him a position as Co-CEO for the company and promptly bought him a yacht, which is where he is posting his next response from.

2.) He won't come back.
I'll take Curtain #2, Wayne.

Old 11-05-2014, 07:37 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,544,684 times
Aw man I was so excited to hear an update to this and........crickets!

I bet it's because the man took him out on his yacht after their discussion and is prepping him for his new position today (once he recovers from all the booze, sex, and drugs).

Old 11-05-2014, 08:34 AM

709 posts, read 766,627 times
I think we've been had.

Well played, OP, well played.

I don't I will ever go up on the internet again.

Old 11-05-2014, 08:36 AM

709 posts, read 766,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlambert View Post

2.) He won't come back.
I'd like to see eastcoastguyz post his 2 likely scenarios again. I think they got deleted when the thread was locked.

Old 11-05-2014, 08:47 AM

2,294 posts, read 2,780,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by troymclure View Post
I'd like to see eastcoastguyz post his 2 likely scenarios again. I think they got deleted when the thread was locked.
I don't think reposting something that a mod deleted is likely to go over well.

As for the OP, I don't think the entire thing was a Troll thread. It likely happened as he said originally, but the events that happen in no way mean the CEO owes the OP anything. I'm not sure if crashing the family event thing was real or not, that's where things seemed to get really ridiculous.

Old 11-05-2014, 08:57 AM

3,674 posts, read 10,608,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dysgenic View Post
In other words, the source you originally quoted does not fit your argument, so now you want to change the source.
Sorry, that's not the way that it works. I've already proven according to your definition from your source that you posted that I received an offer.

Posting other links to other definitions that contradict what you originally posted just demonstrates that you are not standing by the source that you chose to post.

Anyone can post an endless supply of contradictory sources with the aim of eventually running into a source that supports an irrational argument.
Which legal representative of the company delivered an offer to YOU? Having an unaffiliated party deliver a message to you is not the same as make YOU an offer. What legal authority does your friend have to obligate his cousin's company?

Be sure to let us know how the confrontation goes. We are waiting with baited breath for the conclusion.

Old 11-05-2014, 09:43 AM

4,471 posts, read 9,838,205 times
I feel like I am waiting for my college acceptance letters all over again, except more suspense.

Old 11-05-2014, 10:04 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
I think he will post here again. He'll either blow it out of proportion and say the guy decided to hire him after speaking with him, or we'll get another 30 plus pages of rants about the injustice of it all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search