Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 08:55 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,861,012 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
It is said that a child adopted by a Jew it is as if that child was from the Jews own blood...
Caca de vaca! The blood line cannot be passed by adoption...just like the priestly line cannot be passed by adoption.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2012, 09:11 AM

4,729 posts, read 4,365,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmont View Post
What? Jews don't care whether the new testament is in Greek or Hebrew or English or any language, because it is a false document and not worth the time to even consider what language it is in.

What we've been talking about is the old testament - the Greek document that is a mistranslation of Hebrew texts.
Correct, we Jews have no comment on your NT. Doesn't exist to us (other than the awareness that Chrstians used the book to justify killing us for roughly 2,000 years).

I suppose we're forced to comment on your OT, since your ancestors loosely based the book on our Torah. But we see it as a total bastardization of our document, so really what is there to say?

Old 02-16-2012, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Caca de vaca! The blood line cannot be passed by adoption...just like the priestly line cannot be passed by adoption.
Also correct, Rafius.

Richard, who is teaching you this nonsense on views on the Jewish people and their laws? Please tell me this isn't what your church leaders are teaching you? It's misinformation, and it's very ugly in nature. Very suspect!

Old 02-16-2012, 09:18 AM

I'm curious. Is it possible to be a Chrstian and just use the NT as your guide, and then totally ignore the OT? Or is the OT needed to provide context for the info inside the NT?

We Jews are pleased you Chrstians have a religious guide book. It's only when you make statements like Richard where you think you understand halacha (Jewish law) that is upsetting. It's like the student telling the teacher how to think.

Old 02-16-2012, 09:42 AM

2,981 posts, read 2,934,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmont View Post
What? Jews don't care whether the new testament is in Greek or Hebrew or English or any language, because it is a false document and not worth the time to even consider what language it is in.

What we've been talking about is the old testament - the Greek document that is a mistranslation of Hebrew texts.
Pardon me, wrong thread.

Old 02-16-2012, 09:45 AM

87 posts, read 192,669 times
I am actually surprised anyone believes in christ. It's 2012, I thought we were past magical unicorns, wizards and pizza parties

Old 02-16-2012, 09:51 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,861,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamlin6969 View Post
I am actually surprised anyone believes in christ. It's 2012, I thought we were past magical unicorns, wizards and pizza parties
....only those of us that bothered to get on the train.

Old 02-16-2012, 09:56 AM

1,816 posts, read 2,514,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamlin6969 View Post
We will never, ever be past pizza parties.

Old 02-16-2012, 10:29 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,607,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
It is said that a child adopted by a Jew it is as if that child was from the Jews own blood...IOW, He is to view the child as if he had begotten that child from his own loins...I think that is in the Sanhedrin some where...
You sound just like Erich von Daniken, who used to use authoritative phrases like, "Without actually consulting the Bible, I seem to remember this passage..."

"It is said?" By whom? And where?

Old 02-16-2012, 05:49 PM

12 posts, read 12,952 times
Truth?
Why Jesus of Nazareth is not the Jewish Messiah?
It is kind of long to write here in this short letter all the mistakes: all misunderstanding, mistranslations, misquotations, misappropriations, misrepresentations and fabrications of supposedly prophesy fulfilled by Jesus. However I can point out very important points of the ridicules’ of the Christian faith forcing Jesus to the Hebrew Jewish faith.
# 1, Human sacrifice is an abomination to the God of Israel; this is easy to understand as we read the Hebrew Scriptures. The idea that Abraham shadow “sacrifice of Isaac” When He never sacrifices his son is preposterous. What part of not sacrificing a human Christian does not understand from the story? Christians want to convince Jews to use a human sacrifice although is repeatedly forbidden in the Torah and condemned by the God of Israel.
Point # 2, In order for a person to be anointed (moshiac aka messiah) King of Israel, the former has to go through a process or initiation to serve God. This person would be anointed by a prophet, high priest or judge from a high court in Israel and be proclaimed King in a formal ceremony prescribed in the Torah. Christians want to tell Israel that a prostitute pour perfume over Jesus head and “Voila’” by magic he became King of Israel. Well maybe in their minds
Point # 3, first commandment; you do not have any other gods before me. The God of Israel that took Israel out of Egypt and from bondage commanded us not to have any other gods. However Christians want to teach Israel that 3 gods “father son and Holy Spirit is the God of Israel, at times some Christian want to include Mary as a goddess!
Point #4, 7th and 10th commandments; do not commit adultery and do not covet. Mary was engage, and married to Joseph according to the Christian “new testament” So God coveted Mary; was she the only pure virgin young lady in Israel? That is an insult to the Jewish woman. Mary was the mother of Joseph and his wife to? Mary was wife of God and Joseph at the same time? These sounds like insets and fornication to me!
Point # 5, False Messiahs; prior and after Jesus of Nazareth many false messiahs have come and gone. How do we know they are not the messiah? Because like Jesus none of them comply in fulfilling all prophesies concerning the Messiah! And no one is waiting for any of them to return to fulfill the real prophesies! It is ridiculous in waiting for Jesus!

Last edited by Torah4ever; 02-16-2012 at 05:52 PM.. Reason: fixing spellings
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism