Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2011, 07:21 PM

3,326 posts, read 8,862,813 times

Advertisements

It simply isn't conservative versus liberal, not for me anyway. I'm more right-leaning than not and live in a suburb, yet tend to side with the city on most of these issues. It's more about common sense, fair business practices, not being wasteful, using existing buildings, and seeing no reason to develop cow pastures when there's plenty of perfectly good areas that could be redeveloped.
Kansas City's metro is not a boom town. Every time something completely new is built, another part of the city suffers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2011, 07:33 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,584,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
I cannot even tell you where a Casey's is located but I have like 10 QTs within 5 miles of my home. What are you talking about?
Seriously, were it not for the SOLE Casey's in Lee's Summit, I'd need to go to freaking BELTON to get to one, yet there are three QT's within a stone's throw of our address. Not that I'm complaining, as I prefer QT overall, but sometimes the rural midwesterner in me really misses Casey's pizza.

Old 04-24-2011, 09:20 PM

I love me some Casey's pizza. It's the traditional Christmas lunch at the in-laws.
But yeah, it's a rural thing mostly. Sounds like jason87x must be driving halfway across the state of Missouri to get to his friends house.... in Chillicothe? Rolla?

Old 04-24-2011, 09:28 PM

I hunt for them on my drive home to rural IL from the KC metro. It usually involves going 5-10 miles off a random exit ramp from I-80 in the middle of Iowa, dodging pro-life billboards and Amish folks' buggies all the way.

Funny that jason87x thinks they are quintessential MO-side KC suburb fixtures. I should be so lucky.

Old 04-24-2011, 09:45 PM

267 posts, read 618,871 times
For the record, I was driving in the Belton-Raymore-Peculiar area. That's where I was finding a casey's on every junction.

Old 04-24-2011, 10:00 PM

A quick search shows a grand total of three Casey's in that area. Two are indeed close to each other, and the third would not be on the way to the other two unless somebody was giving you really bad directions.

Kansas City is a funny town when it comes to gas stations. Quick Trip has a large cult following to the point I'm a little shocked anybody else can stay in business. QT will have people waiting in line for a pump while the station across the street is completely empty with the same price for gas. QT's are nice and all, but it's still just a freaking gas station.
I'll never forget the goofy redneck-looking guy who won something from Circle K, and was interviewed on television about it. He actually said something like "yeah, I'm a QT guy myself, but I'll take it..." He just had to throw that in there. I wonder what visiting out-of-towners must think of KC sometimes. I remember when I was a visiting out-of-towner several years ago. There was a billboard advertising death clean-up services. Yeah, that'll bring 'em back.

Old 04-24-2011, 10:32 PM

Hah, we actually based our househunt (in very small part, but in part, none the less) on potential homes' proximity to a QT, among other things. Bizarre, but true.

Honestly, though, it's one of the only convenience stores I'll eat food from (by food, I refer to food they make, not Doritos and Gardetto's Snack-ens and Twizzlers, etc.). I can get a reasonably quality salad and fresh fruit from there, and actually eat well if I forget my lunch.

Old 04-25-2011, 09:19 AM

11,108 posts, read 23,892,595 times
I wish we had QTs out here.

Old 04-25-2011, 09:37 AM

589 posts, read 1,107,874 times
Personally, I prefer QT as well, especially if I have to go inside. Their cashiers are always friendly, but more importantly they are almost always FAST. It just seems that customer service is more important to them

Old 04-25-2011, 09:43 AM

1,830 posts, read 3,807,336 times
They are well trained and QT tests people for speed/accuracy before hiring them. A friend's brother applied but didn't make the cut. They also have to take some kind of a competency test. Wish the entire service industry would do that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City