Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2017, 08:39 AM

11,108 posts, read 23,944,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by empires228 View Post
Hmm... Would that be because the majority of the jobs the company has in the metro just happen to be in Missouri? Obviously none of the people that works at the monstrosity of a tower they built in KCK live in Kansas because there aren't clean and nice areas like Lansing nearby to house them or anything.
What??? I didn't say no Cerner employees live in Kansas. I'm saying most that are relocating to the KC for Cerner jobs are choosing the MO side to live. Cerner employees tend to be younger people that are less interested in suburban lifestyles. Threads are started all the time here and other other forums by potential Cerner employees relocating to KC and nearly all of them are looking at urban neighborhoods. Kansas simply does not offer many urban lifestyle options. They are forced to go to the MO side.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2017, 06:39 PM

71 posts, read 80,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by empires228 View Post
Hmm... Would that be because the majority of the jobs the company has in the metro just happen to be in Missouri? Obviously none of the people that works at the monstrosity of a tower they built in KCK live in Kansas because there aren't clean and nice areas like Lansing nearby to house them or anything.
Most of the neighborhoods west of Turner Diagonal / College Pky / 72nd street are fairly decent neighborhoods. They get nicer as you go further west. Most of the stuff around Village West is fairly new.

Old 06-03-2017, 04:19 AM

91 posts, read 251,303 times
They finally knocked down those motels right along 87th street there.

Old 06-03-2017, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grim Reaper View Post
They finally knocked down those motels right along 87th street there.
Let's just hope they put something back there. They are having fun tearing everything down and turning everything into an ugly patch of dirt. I guess you can tear a lot of stuff down for 2 billion dollars in incentives.

Old 06-03-2017, 02:36 PM

91 posts, read 251,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
Let's just hope they put something back there. They are having fun tearing everything down and turning everything into an ugly patch of dirt. I guess you can tear a lot of stuff down for 2 billion dollars in incentives.
Things are being built and honestly I would rather have those lots be empty patches of dirt rather than the drug/prostitution/murder den that they had become.

Old 06-03-2017, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grim Reaper View Post
Things are being built and honestly I would rather have those lots be empty patches of dirt rather than the drug/prostitution/murder den that they had become.
Yea, I know. I'm just saying that I hope Cerner takes some of that money they got and helps get the site re-developed. Even with Cerner, that location is probably not gong to attract hotel developers without incentives. I can see the sites just sitting as vacant lots for years when they could be developed since they are part of the 2 billion dollars incentive package for the campus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City