Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2017, 08:52 PM

78,523 posts, read 60,718,007 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwiksell View Post
I'm going to call out anyone who continues to compare JoCo schools to those in the KCMO district. There isn't a single person on this forum who actually believes these two are worth comparing. And nobody is saying that KCMO is a good district, and trying to ignore the fact that there are so many private schools.

If you want to compare, compare Blue Valley to Blue Springs, or Shawnee Mission to Lee's Summit. Or Olathe to North Kansas City.
So wait, you want to compare KCMO to the KS burbs at every turn but when it comes to schools then you want us to compare to a completely other area.

P.S. What is this thread about anyway? Maybe scroll back?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2017, 08:58 PM

I cannot help but shake my head as a transplant how many people are fighting the border war around here still.

I don't make that statement flippantly, you guys are nuts and it goes for people on both sides of the state line.

The only difference here is that well, the power is held by one side.

Old 02-02-2017, 09:03 PM

11,108 posts, read 23,916,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
So wait, you want to compare KCMO to the KS burbs at every turn but when it comes to schools then you want us to compare to a completely other area.

P.S. What is this thread about anyway? Maybe scroll back?
Nope, just comparing "like" things to one another. Try googling "apples to apples". I know. Over your head.

JoCo schools are better than urban KCMO schools. Just like suburban MO schools are better than KCK Schools. MO suburbs such as Park Hill, Liberty, NKC, Lee's Summit, Blue Springs etc, however do compare very well to Shawnee Mission, Olathe, Blue Valley etc.

JoCo people love to say that Kansas has better schools than Missouri based on JoCo vs KCMOSD. So let's turn it around. Missouri schools are better than Kansas based on Park Hill, Lee's Summit etc vs KCK.

It's really not that hard.

Want to compare some more apples to apples? Downtown KCK vs Downtown KCMO. BWAHAHAHAahaha....

Old 02-02-2017, 10:21 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,281,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwiksell View Post
I didn't think we were debating which was an "overall better area". I thought we were just talking about where to go for good schools.
When you have a whole county with nothing but above avesrage schools, that clearly is a desirable area to live and raise kids.

Old 02-02-2017, 11:53 PM

404 posts, read 457,870 times
Same can be said about Clay and Platte Counties. I doubt people in East jax care that some parts of the county has poor schools because it has no impact on them. The people I know in East jax are very happy there. They live in the same kind of homes as JOCOUNTY.

Old 02-03-2017, 08:41 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,624,182 times
Obviously, ALL suburban school districts in the KC metro enjoy a level of privilege inner city districts rarely do.

Old 02-03-2017, 12:21 PM

2,233 posts, read 3,170,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
When you have a whole county with nothing but above avesrage schools, that clearly is a desirable area to live and raise kids.
Yet more people and more children live in Jackson County, MO. Ergo, it is a more desirable area to live and raise kids. Even though a small portion of it has sub-par schools. Everything else about Jackson county must be so much superior to Johnson county that it more than outweighs it.

Old 02-03-2017, 01:06 PM

172 posts, read 154,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Obviously, ALL suburban school districts in the KC metro enjoy a level of privilege inner city districts rarely do.
This is perhaps the most reasonable response I've read in awhile. Pick your state. This is largely true.

Old 02-07-2017, 07:58 PM

2 posts, read 1,608 times
Default North, and liberty area

I love the liberty area. The schools are awesome and a nice quite area. plus KC metro is really close if there is anything you want to do there. best of both worlds.

kansas city electrician

Old 02-07-2017, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPonteKC View Post
Yet more people and more children live in Jackson County, MO. Ergo, it is a more desirable area to live and raise kids. Even though a small portion of it has sub-par schools. Everything else about Jackson county must be so much superior to Johnson county that it more than outweighs it.
Ergo? LMAO....that's hillarious. Where did you go to school in Missouri?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City