Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 02:01 PM

70 posts, read 206,411 times

Advertisements

CoffeeAddict,

If you send me a PM on what you'd like to find here, I'd be glad to do some research for you. Considering I live here, I can help figure out which area of town would best suit your needs. Whether it's to rent or buy, just let me know the details and I'd be more than happy to help you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2008, 01:55 PM

80 posts, read 400,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoffeeAddict View Post
Well the other house didn't work out. I'm still in Michigan.

I found another one for rent in Frankfort that I'm considering, and I'm hoping someone can tell me about the area. It's located on Owenton ave, which looks like it's just north of downtown.

The owner wouldn't send me any pictures because she claims she doesn't have email. (who doesn't have email!?) So I'm going blind on this. Any insight on this part of town would be appreciated. Thanks!

On a side note, is this not having email thing common in KY? This is the third time I've called about a house and someone claimed to either not have internet or not have email. Which strikes me as being really odd and backwards.
You really don't want to live on Owenton Avenue. It runs parallel with Holmes Street, which I consider a not so desirable area of town. Look for some houses in these areas:
On the west side-Brentlawn, Signal Ridge and on the east side-Duckers, Silverlake, Arnold Ridge. All of these with homes built on the 1990's. There are a lot of new subdivisions going up all around town, but a majority of the new ones will turn out to be too expensive for most people. Also, there are plenty of older neighborhoods like Indian Hills, Tierra Linda, The Meadows, Leawood Drive and Collins Lane that have houses built in the 1970's.

The lack of e-mail means either the place looks pretty bad or the seller is old and just doesn't have it. I know a lot of older people in Frankfort that are resistant to change. My grandmother doesn't even have a microwave, much less a computer with e-mail.

The commute to Lexington is not bad at all. The thing that gets you is doing it over and over everyday. It just wears on you over time. Also, crime there is basically non-existant if you don't go looking for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky