Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2018, 04:58 PM

6,343 posts, read 11,092,664 times

Advertisements

Colorsofme. When I lived in Maine my neighbor down the street used to snow blow my driveway during deep snowfalls when we had substantial snowfalls. My little electric Toro could not handle a foot snowfall. And when I was growing up in Connecticut our driveway was plowed by a neighbor and we never had to ask.

You have to realize the risks of going into someone's property in this litigious society we have these days. People sue at the drop of a hat If someone cut someone's lawn and got hurt the owner of the property bears the burden of responsibility for the injury of the people on the property doing the work. May be different if you are using a licensed contractor since they probably have insurance. But in the case of a neighbor? He gets hurt, then he can sue the property owner and would likely win the case. Unfortunately that is the world we know live in. Precisely why people in the Northeast typically stick with people they know and trust and are reluctant to welcome new people into their social circle The good news is that unlike areas of the Midwest that try to drive you out and put you out of job or won't even give you a job, do not really exist in the Northeast. You can find work and won't have to fear that the locals will run you out. Eventually you can make friends if you find a way to interact with people that share similar hobbies and interests.

Where I grew up in Connecticut we had a number of people in my grade school and high school that moved to town from the south, and other countries. Even a couple of KY. Most seemed to adapt and made friends and still have ties to the area to this day. Just depends upon where you are I think.

KY is the South. Ugh. Not another thread on this topic again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky