Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2009, 05:50 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,758,146 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canerican View Post
At any rate, America will never embrace uncivilized hispanic culture. I'm not saying that hispanics are uncivil, I am, however, suggesting that many parts of hispanic culture are not nearly as great or as advanced of our American culture.

And hispanics will not take over. The proud American majority will not allow it.

I would say the most likely solution is that parts of the US would succeed before seeing America turned into a typical hispanic barrio. (Not that I would necessarily support a non-united America)
I dont think hispanics are trying to take over. There are certain parts of our country that have more hispanics than whites. They are Texas, California, New Mexico, and Southern Florida. If you dont like hispanics (and it appears you very obviously dont) just dont ever live in those places.

Me personally, I dont care. I can be around many different types of people and be the minority and it doesnt bother me one bit. Im proud to be an American but I realize that America is a nation of immigrants. We are all from somewhere else unless you are Native American. We came to this country, enslaved the natives, and now its our own.

I often laugh when I here these conservative goofballs suggesting we build a wall on the Mexican border? I wonder who will build it for $5 an hour? Not American Citizens for sure. They can form unions and demand benefits. If it ever was built, it would probably be built by illegals. But I doubt it will be built.

The funny thing the areas that are changing fastest arent Middle America places like Kentucky or Nebraska, not even California, New York, or South Florida (theyve always been this way), it the large Sunbelt cities like Dallas, Houston, Atlanta, and Phoenix. Ill present the link below as evidence:

Swing State Project: Demographic Sea Change in Texas

Notice that Dallas county lost around 140,000 white people between 2000 and 2007 and 225,000 Latinos came in right behind them. Harris County in Houston also saw something similar. The beautiful thing about this is that I dont care at all that this is happening.

My neighbors on my right are from El Salvador, my neighbors on my left are from India, my neighbors a few doors down are from South Korea. Naturally there are people from Mexico as well as other middle class whites and african americans. This is a Beautfiful thing in my mind and I wouldnt want it any other way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2009, 05:57 PM

3,387 posts, read 6,630,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cool rob View Post
And for the record, pick up a history book and see who was really here in this country first, and who are really here illegally
You might want to remember that not all of us on this board are of European decent, and quite a few are Native, and were born on the rez.

Old 09-20-2009, 06:43 PM

1,515 posts, read 3,333,648 times
Quote:
I often laugh when I here these conservative goofballs suggesting we build a wall on the Mexican border? I wonder who will build it for $5 an hour? Not American Citizens for sure. They can form unions and demand benefits. If it ever was built, it would probably be built by illegals. But I doubt it will be built.
I'm find with illegals building it, as long as when the wall is finished, the end up on the Mexico side.

Old 09-20-2009, 06:56 PM

9,803 posts, read 16,198,668 times
I frankly don't care if people are against ILLEGALS for various reasons.

illegal is still illegal !

Old 09-21-2009, 07:23 AM

1,448 posts, read 4,793,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
I frankly don't care if people are against ILLEGALS for various reasons.

illegal is still illegal !
So you don't care if the reason that some (and I say just some) are against undocumented aliens for racist reasons?

Again, I am not saying anyone on this thread is a racist. I'm just asking the question and wondering if that would bother you at all.

Old 09-21-2009, 07:58 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,758,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canerican View Post
I'm find with illegals building it, as long as when the wall is finished, the end up on the Mexico side.
I really dont think you have much to worry about. I read in another thread that you live in Buffalo and are moving to Kentucky. Those places really dont have problems with Latin American illegals. If you think they do, you havent spent enough time in Texas, California, or South Florida.

Old 09-21-2009, 10:30 AM

871 posts, read 2,249,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
With all the forged ID's being used ,why couldn't they be drawing welfare?
illegal immigrants come here to work. do you honestly think they'd risk getting sent back for welfare money? illegal immigrants dont just show up, and sign up for welfare. they work. that should be pretty obvious, given that you can see them working all the time.

Old 09-21-2009, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyJohnWilson View Post
illegal immigrants come here to work. do you honestly think they'd risk getting sent back for welfare money? illegal immigrants dont just show up, and sign up for welfare. they work. that should be pretty obvious, given that you can see them working all the time.
The illegal immigrant who recently raped a 14 year old girl on a public bike trail at 2 in the afternoon wasn't working anywhere.

Central Minnesota is where this happened.

Last edited by marmac; 09-21-2009 at 10:53 AM..

Old 09-21-2009, 10:47 AM

-----" given you can see them working all the time--"

Define-----"them" !

Just becaiuse you see Mexicans working at a packing plant, poultry processing plant, or big dairy farm does not mean they are the same individuals from week to week or from month to month.

They maybe all look the same, but that doesn't mean they are the same individuals week after week ( or even day after day)

Old 09-21-2009, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Topic View Post
So you don't care if the reason that some (and I say just some) are against undocumented aliens for racist reasons?

Again, I am not saying anyone on this thread is a racist. I'm just asking the question and wondering if that would bother you at all.
I don't care if people are against ILLEGALS for any reason.

If posters also believe legals shouldn't be working due to their race, it would bother me.

There is a rather large Samolian group about 40 miles from me.

They are here legally, and thus I am glad that poultry processors are hiring and employing them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky