Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2009, 06:23 PM

1 posts, read 1,350 times

Advertisements

Illegal immigrants do get social welfare benefits. I worked in a residential treatment facility for probation youth. Most living there were Hispanic. A few were illegally in this country. The state of CA was spending roughly $5000 PER MONTH to keep these girls at this place. Providing treatment, food and shelter, sometimes for as long as a yr. Many of the girls in this facility, legal or illegal, were there for major crimes--attempted murder, gang activities, grand theft auto. Pt. is, they were receiving medical care, shelter and food at the expensive of the tax payers of the state of CA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2009, 10:44 PM

2,476 posts, read 2,606,008 times
Operation *******.....it was done once already....so lets do it again!

Old 09-20-2009, 01:02 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,771,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc76 View Post
I've never been to LA, just SD and SF. My impression of LA is a polarized area. You extremely nice, safe areas and extremely poor, unsafe areas. Is this a true assessment? LA is so massive and diverse, I don't think you can make a blanket statement about the area.
It seems hard for people to realize that LA is actually not too different from most major cities in the US. Its actually a pretty normal place. Just like any normal city, there are areas that are nice and areas you wouldnt want to venture into for pretty much any reason. The only areas that are really bad are Watts, Compton, North Long Beach, parts of Inglewood and East LA, and the area just east of USC (around Huntington Park). For the most part, LA is a relatively safe place.

Funny thing is, I think the Ghetto here in Dallas is actually in much worse shape than the Ghetto in LA. Of course neither are quite Detroit or St. Louis.

Old 09-20-2009, 01:04 AM

1,175 posts, read 1,787,194 times
Illegal is Illegal.

If you don't get active in defending YOUR rights....and demanding that Local, State and Federal authorities uphold the law regarding illegal immigration then you WILL suffer the consequences....
Do NOT wait until it is too late.....

Old 09-20-2009, 07:52 AM

691 posts, read 2,330,274 times
Sick of Canadians who come here, take jobs from American workers, and then flaunt to me that they will retire in Canada, with the socialized healthcare, and excellent benefits there. There should be a law that makes it illegal for companies to hire foriegn nationals who have citizenship in another country, for jobs that could be filled by American citizens. Don't we have enough unemployment for our own citizens? We don't have jobs to give away to people who are not citizens. No other country would do this, why does the United States?

If someone was to look at the many problems facing this country, many of the problems come from illegal immigration, and giving away benefits in education to people who are not citizens. No one who is not a citizen should be eligible for any type of grant, funding, or educational assistance that is paid for by American taxpayers.

Look at the laws for citizenship in Japan, China, Germany, or any other country...time to apply the laws here. Yes, we will take the "huddled masses" but have them here legally.

Old 09-20-2009, 08:56 AM

33 posts, read 62,607 times
All in all, america is getting worse everyday. Crappy politics and people running it. There's no more pride or reason to be proud. To anyone praises diversity, we shall see just what it does to a country

Old 09-20-2009, 09:02 AM

9 posts, read 10,015 times
Embrace the Hispanic culture. Welcome change. Encourage immigration. Make all the damn money you can by using their labor and selling them what they want before they do take over. Then you'll be rich and won't care. Ole!!! and Gracias.

Old 09-20-2009, 04:21 PM

1,515 posts, read 3,334,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rillyskarood View Post
Embrace the Hispanic culture. Welcome change. Encourage immigration. Make all the damn money you can by using their labor and selling them what they want before they do take over. Then you'll be rich and won't care. Ole!!! and Gracias.
I'm torn between whether this is a troll, someone being sarcastic, or a moron.

At any rate, America will never embrace uncivilized hispanic culture. I'm not saying that hispanics are uncivil, I am, however, suggesting that many parts of hispanic culture are not nearly as great or as advanced of our American culture.

And hispanics will not take over. The proud American majority will not allow it.

I would say the most likely solution is that parts of the US would succeed before seeing America turned into a typical hispanic barrio. (Not that I would necessarily support a non-united America)

Old 09-20-2009, 04:31 PM

1,225 posts, read 4,457,328 times
Quote:
My great-grandmother, from Poland originally, never learned to speak a word of English. By the time she died, she was in her late 80's. My father's dad, from Greece originally, spoke a very broken English.

Neither my mother's mother nor father, both 2nd generation of parents from Poland, made it pass the 8th grade. Neither spoke grammatically correct English. My mother's mother died 2 years back. She was 81. She spent quite a few of her childhood summers picking beans on farms in PA.
Sounds familiar with the great-grandparents never learning English or not enough to get by. I, too, am of Polish ancestry, and had the same experience. In my case my granparents were bilingual in Polish & English, my father knew a smattering of Polish and I none at all. Since my mother is German Im more familiar with speaking and underrstanding German and the German culture. My brother in law is an Arab, so thats another immigrant deal.

So, while I can appreciate the economic arguments against illegal immigration the cutural ones hold no water with me due to my familiy history, and, in fact, pretty much turn me off on the whole anti-illegal movement.

Old 09-20-2009, 05:31 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,771,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcatt86 View Post
All in all, america is getting worse everyday. Crappy politics and people running it. There's no more pride or reason to be proud. To anyone praises diversity, we shall see just what it does to a country
I think youre confusing your distaste for people taking advantage of the system with people who are hard working good Americans who might not be white or from America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky