Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2008, 05:33 PM

204 posts, read 580,360 times

Advertisements

Quiet boards the last two days.

I am trying to decide to leave fall stuff up or put up Christmas. It will be here before I blink.

Today I did put bulbs in the ground before the hopeful rain tomorrow. I can't wait to see them come up, hopefully if I didn't kill them. I did plant them pointed up so I know a little.

Anyway just popping in between unpacking boxes.

Have a good night all.

Old 11-23-2008, 05:41 PM

2,017 posts, read 5,347,702 times
Tn405-
Nice to see ya back! I vote to put up Christmas as Friday is the big kick off for the season.
Hik- We don't have a Turkey yet either or Potatos or anything.... seems like it is time to go grocery shopping.
Pam
Anyone heard from Fall Fanatic?

Old 11-23-2008, 05:52 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,262,993 times
We were suppose to be planting bulbs. Instead we had to stack wood. We ordered a cord and the guy was VERY generous. I think today would be a great day to plant. It was warmer and now it is suppose to rain.

I think my next window of opportunity will be Thanksgiving but I plan on watching the parade and dog show then going to The Fantasy of Trees. I'm full up! Those bulbs are going to start blooming in the bags.

Old 11-23-2008, 05:54 PM

3,897 posts, read 1,227,831 times
We're heading to NC on Wednesday for Thanksgiving with family! So, I'll have to hit the deli when we arrive on Wednesday night....can't do much cooking in a hotel room!! LOL

And since we'll be spending most of December on the NC coast celebrating Christmas with my daughter, we won't be decorating here in East TN. Hubby did say we should buy a small tree for the beachfront condo we'll be in, so we'll at least feel like it's Christmas!! I think I might even take some of our lights to string across the balcony where we'll be sitting looking out at the wonderful ocean!!! I can hardly wait!!

Old 11-23-2008, 05:54 PM

780 posts, read 1,765,117 times
Well, got my tree up today, not fully decorated yet but its up, got decorations out and about also. Thought I would do it a little early, maybe it will get me in the spirit more now.

TN405, glad to hear you are getting settled in, bulbs should be just fine with the rain tomorrow

Staying in tomorrow, meeting Suzanne for lunch on Tues(she made it up just fine but found her pipes had busted as they didnt winterize the irrigation)

Old 11-23-2008, 05:56 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,262,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gailli View Post
Well, got my tree up today, not fully decorated yet but its up, got decorations out and about also. Thought I would do it a little early, maybe it will get me in the spirit more now.

TN405, glad to hear you are getting settled in, bulbs should be just fine with the rain tomorrow

Staying in tomorrow, meeting Suzanne for lunch on Tues(she made it up just fine but found her pipes had busted as they didnt winterize the irrigation)
Oh, good job, gailli! I love enthusiastic Christmas people!

Poor Suzanne!

Bebette, that sounds just wonderful!

Old 11-23-2008, 05:59 PM

3,897 posts, read 1,227,831 times
Gailli, please tell Suzanne I said Hi!!! Sorry to hear about her pipes....bummer!!

Hubby and I will be in Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg for most of the first week in December. We are going to go to some shows, go to Dollywood, go to the Gatlinburg Christmas Parade, go to the Sevierville Christmas Parade and spend a day checking out neighborhoods with our realtor!!

Yep, we finally decided it was time to get serious about our househunt!! I called our mortgagor and she reactivated our file from when we were househunting when we arrived in TN last April, and now all we need to do is find THE house!!!

We might have a bit of a delay in January thought, because we just found out this week that I have to have surgery on my shoulder and it is scheduled for New Years Eve!! I might not feel much like looking at houses for the first few weeks in Jan., but hopefully I'll be good as new by February!!

Old 11-24-2008, 06:12 AM

811 posts, read 2,009,308 times
Hey everyone!
We had all of our decorations for Shristmas besides our tree and the outside lights up last weekend, because I knew it was going to get crazy the next few weeks, lol...so I did it earlier than I EVER have.

That being said, I have hardly any food bought for Thanksgiving, LOL--guess it may be time to get a turkey, huh?!

Sorry to hear about Suzanne's pipes...thats awful! Glad they did have a safe trip though!
We are going to do the fantasy of trees sometime this week-depends on if KM is going to be going as a group or not as to when I am going, but I am working on Thanksgiving...(DOUBLE TIME! WOOHOO!) should be slow as I can't imagine many people are moving on Thanksgiving--I hope the weekend stays quiet too since we're going to build and decorate the float on Saturday which means I will not sleep between Friday afternoon and Sunday (blech!) but I am getting really excited about working on the float!

We went to Hobby Lobby for the first time on Saturday! I really like the store and they had some really good sales going on

Hope everyone has a fantastic day!

Old 11-24-2008, 06:20 AM

4,705 posts, read 25,289,485 times
Hobby Lobby is a very dangerous store. It is almost impossible to just go in and get the ONE thing you needed.

Old 11-24-2008, 07:03 AM

811 posts, read 2,009,308 times
yes, it is...lol--HOWEVER, I was very proud of myself for my restraint--all the fall stuff was 90% off!!! I was so tempted to buy a bunch of it but I bought 1 thing.

We will be going back for more lights though!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville