Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2009, 01:35 PM

17,998 posts, read 9,062,199 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne1945 View Post
Thanks to Pam&Bill, gdude, Bebette, Gailli and others who sent prayers for good news on dh's cath. We did get good news as a result. Thanks a bundle!!!!!
your welcome.

now its me who could use some prayers. this Salmonella Poisioning really really sucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticfire0213 View Post
how are you feeling, GDude?

just a tiny bit better than yesterday. I didnt fall asleep till about 11 and woke up not to long ago

Old 02-23-2009, 01:49 PM

197 posts, read 485,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam& Bill View Post
Hey Peeps,
Nothing planned this weekend except some exciting housework! The sun is shining and every day brings us closer to Spring arriving! I cannot wait to get my houseplants outside, I'm tired of picking up dead leaves. One bonus I got today is a stunningly large deep coral colored bloom from my Hibiscus.
GDude and JoshB- Sorry to hear you guys are getting such cold wintery weather still. Josh, you know where you should be!
Gdude, have fun with Issiac. Did you watch "Cars" with him?
BeBette- Hope you're still feeling better today.
Gailli- Hope the back pain is bearable.
Suzanne- Let us know how your DH makes out Monday morning....
AquariJen- Hows the Neutral painting going?
Painter- Cowgirl, you still stuck in the mud?
Piperspal- Hows your petal pushing going these days?
Have a great day Knoxville!
Pam

PS. SMG- How you feelin these days? Mystic? You here?
Not good. :c rying:

I scraped the walkway and painted it on Saturday. The epoxy concrete paint said that it dried to touch in 2 hours and light foot traffic in 4. Well, I had a massive paint failure. NO WHERE on the can did it say anything about not freezing or getting wet after those two windows.
Oh, gosh it is horrible. Sunday, the house had a showing. After the showing I went back to the house to pick up a few more things and at forst I thought we still had snow. But, no. OH MY. ALL the paint on the walkway that we spent all day on had blistered up and flaked off in sheets and big sections blew across the yard. huge white flakes are in the yard. Of course, it didn't ALL come off, that would be too easy. There is still paint adhering in spots. Me and the teen took two shop vacs and started vacuuming the yard. Then the steps. The whole process will have to be repeated. I will not be using that brand of paint - even if the one I got was just a bad batch. I have to wonder if maybe I got a can that had been returned after being frozen? The second coat of the stuff did not act right as I rolled it on, but I ignored it.
I will pressure wash and wire brush again, but OMG, it is a horrendous mess. I can't believe this. And those people saw the house like that.

Other than that, my weekend was fine and we got a lot of other stuff done. I just wish we didn't waste $100 and several hours on preping (scraping the loose old stuff and pressure washing and etc, etc - we actually did this RIGHT!) and painting the concrete just to have a giant mess and have to do it all over again. OH the HUMANITY. Sorry, I got myself started again.

Old 02-23-2009, 01:51 PM

197 posts, read 485,488 times
GDude, I hope you feel better real soon!
Sorry you missed the show, Bebette, but I'm glad you got some rest instead.
TN Sr - Sorry about the roof! I had no roof damage, but I lost a tree. KUB did come out to look at it, but it ended up being AT&T's lines instead of electric lines. I had to take care of the tree myself right then, but when I pushed AT&T, they appologised and credited two months of all my services to my account. That is nice and it will help.
Also sorry to hear about Baby. I have never had a dog with Diabetes, but I have had a cat with diabetes. I got a glucose meter (a human one - I think a one-touch easy) and tested his ear before giving insulin. It was actually really easy after I got used to it. At first, it was a little scary and I had my sweetie help me. Then it got to be routine. The insulin syringes are also very tiny and easy to give. We also managed with low carb and low grain food and started a light exercise program (started with 5 minutes of feather wand twice a day, increasing to 20 minutes of feather wand twice a day). We were eventually able to decrease the insulin as he lost weight.

Good Luck!

Last edited by aquarijen; 02-23-2009 at 01:59 PM..

Old 02-23-2009, 02:37 PM

2,017 posts, read 5,349,620 times
Jen,
As always, enjoyed hearing what you're up to. Although I feel for ya having to clean up and re do! Have you ever tried stain for cement? HGTV uses it and it looks so cool.
GDude....feel better soon!
Pam

Old 02-23-2009, 04:13 PM

3,897 posts, read 1,228,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdude View Post
your welcome.

now its me who could use some prayers.
gdude, be assured that I will keep you in my daily prayers!!! Sure hope you feel better soon!!

Old 02-23-2009, 05:26 PM

Thanks everyone for your prayers

Old 02-23-2009, 07:27 PM

780 posts, read 1,765,904 times
Suzanne thats wonderful news, I'm sure DH is relieved for sure.

I should hear something hopefully soon, It cost me $300 to get the electric chair fixed so guess I better use it some.

Hope everyone has a great week

Old 02-24-2009, 09:07 AM

74 posts, read 173,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquarijen View Post
GDude, I hope you feel better real soon!
Sorry you missed the show, Bebette, but I'm glad you got some rest instead.
TN Sr - Sorry about the roof! I had no roof damage, but I lost a tree. KUB did come out to look at it, but it ended up being AT&T's lines instead of electric lines. I had to take care of the tree myself right then, but when I pushed AT&T, they appologised and credited two months of all my services to my account. That is nice and it will help.
Also sorry to hear about Baby. I have never had a dog with Diabetes, but I have had a cat with diabetes. I got a glucose meter (a human one - I think a one-touch easy) and tested his ear before giving insulin. It was actually really easy after I got used to it. At first, it was a little scary and I had my sweetie help me. Then it got to be routine. The insulin syringes are also very tiny and easy to give. We also managed with low carb and low grain food and started a light exercise program (started with 5 minutes of feather wand twice a day, increasing to 20 minutes of feather wand twice a day). We were eventually able to decrease the insulin as he lost weight.

Good Luck!

Thanks aquarijen for the infor Baby is a the vet's today for a Curve (where they checked her glucose every two hours. I wished I could get a monitor but, the vet doesn't want me doing that -she is worried I would change her insulin level. Also, we are cooking for her chicken, turkey,carrots, stringbeans and it brought her level down some instead of dog food with walks too. I did get an ans from the Pet Forum and she was a great helped too. I want to thank everyone for thinking about Baby I know everyone has many medical problems that are much worse than my Baby's problem so I am deeply grateful too all of you. Thank you again. TennSr

Old 02-24-2009, 01:42 PM

hey everone

hope your baby gets better TennSR

Old 02-24-2009, 06:05 PM

Just thought I would let you all know I am taking the first round of testing to be on Jeopardy for Teens week tonight!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville