Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 10:54 AM

22 posts, read 69,488 times

Advertisements

WE live in union county just before the 33 bridge and there was a pepsi semi in the ditch up here my dh called me and told me to get on the four wheelers and go check it out . Traffic coming off our lane which is going up a ridge was a stand still .I am thankfull they called off school for us this morning . I pray everyone was safe out there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2008, 12:41 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,276,538 times
I'm okay. Funny story to tell but can't right now. Have to head back home in about 20 and pick up Lauren on the way. So sorry to all that worried and I know that you did.

Old 01-22-2008, 02:32 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,318,181 times
Good news Hik, glad to hear from you.

Old 01-22-2008, 03:06 PM

Made it home!

I made it to work, because I left early enough. I got holiday pay yesterday (I worked but got 2 1/2 times the pay), and if I didn't come in today, I would have missed out.

I tried to warn Fred not to leave, at about 7 a.m., but he had the same idea and left early. I reached him on his cell and they were already in front of Boys and Girls Club. I talked to him for several minutes and he says that everything is fine.

Then he tells me that Lauren wants to say something. She gets on the phone and says, right off the bat, "Mommy, Daddy hit a pole!"

Gee, he forgot to tell me that!

They were fine.

We had several coworkers that fell in the parking lot. Most had to walk in rather than go down the driveway. A couple had to be taken to the hospital, from injuries. But the worse was a gentleman that fell down in front of the doorway and had to wait four hours (laying in the parking lot) before the ambulance got to him.

What a crazy day!!!!

It may be iced over again, this evening. Be careful, everyone! Fred is still at work.

Old 01-22-2008, 03:09 PM

You better call Fred and tell him to leave before the temp drops any more. And if he gives you any lip, you tell him mbmouse said to get his rear end home NOW!

Old 01-22-2008, 03:19 PM

I just called him. He claims that he is on his way.

It's about 34 degrees and the roads are still wet.

Everyone: BE CAREFUL!

Hundreds of crashes, two fatalities, Knox on 2-hour delay : Local News : Knoxville News Sentinel

Last edited by hiknapster; 01-22-2008 at 04:14 PM..

Old 01-22-2008, 05:07 PM

5 posts, read 11,361 times
Default turns out to be over 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokyMtnGal View Post
They are reporting over 40 wrecks at this time. School closings are pouring in. I hope everyone is safe. You all please take care.
scary... sad...

Old 01-22-2008, 09:55 PM

4,725 posts, read 10,133,948 times
Unhappy Glad everyone is safe. Sorry for all of the injuries and deaths.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
I just called him. He claims that he is on his way.

It's about 34 degrees and the roads are still wet.

Everyone: BE CAREFUL!

Hundreds of crashes, two fatalities, Knox on 2-hour delay : Local News : Knoxville News Sentinel
That is amazing, y'all. Glad everyone is safe. What a tragedy for all of those involved in accidents this morning.

How is the car/pole, Hik? Glad Fred and Lauren are okay.

The thing that surprises me so is that we are so close to TN, Chatty, Knoxville, and the Atlanta news and CNN did not have a word about this.

Yet, we hear when Erie, PA gets 2" per hour of lake effect snow. Go figure.

Old 01-22-2008, 11:24 PM

Default Here too, but not ice, just rain

Hubby and I just got back from a trip to the ER with Brother in law.
He was driving niece home from Dr's office, the windshield was fogged up a bit due to the rain, there was a bend in the road, he didn't see it, ran off the road and hit a fire hydrant. Air bags went off, niece was in from seat (I know, I know and so do they, she should have been in the back! ) She got a little bump on the forehead and scuffed nose. He dislocated his shoulder, had to go to the ER with him to get it put back in. Sister in law couldn't bring him as she is recovering from back surgery. Been a CRAZY road driving day all around! But glad everyone is now back at home, safe and sound with just a few bumps and car fix its needed.
Lets all try for a better day tomorrow ok?
(shoot, just looked at the clock, I mean today.)

Old 01-22-2008, 11:48 PM

7,305 posts, read 28,223,011 times
Oh my, sounds like it was bad there. We had some ice pellets here in Bristol early this AM, but it quickly changed to all rain by 10am, but some areas had some ice on the roads and there were accidents. Unfortunately, there was a fatality in Bristol VA on the Lee Hwy area off of exit 5 I-81. From what I gathered, someone was sliding and broadsided a car... not sure of the details, but I heard someone perished.

Then if that was not enough, there was ANOTHER accident near the Hwy 421/Bristol Beltway (Hwy 394) intersections. Not because of ice, but someone had ran a traffic signal, which is common at that area. The rains and fog did not help. Still a heavy drizzle out there at 2am and its foggy! Last hour in Bristol, dense fog reported and a heavy mist. Drive safely everyone and please remember to securely fasten your safety belts!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville