Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2015, 07:10 AM

132 posts, read 181,660 times

Advertisements

Just recently visited PF, Gatlinburg and Seiverville, was wondering if anyone could tell me about Maryville? Home prices, crime, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2015, 11:34 AM

257 posts, read 489,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoore133 View Post
Just recently visited PF, Gatlinburg and Seiverville, was wondering if anyone could tell me about Maryville? Home prices, crime, etc.
We moved to Blount County in July after looking at the Maryville area for 5-6 years. We are a retired couple who wanted to downsize our home size and buy a one floor home. My advise is for you to check home prices on Realtor.com to get an idea of the market. I believe Maryville has very little crime, it depends on what your expectations and experience are.

We picked Maryville and eastern TN because we love to hike, camp, motorcycle and enjoy the outdoors. We also prefer smaller to medium size cities. The cost of living, low taxes, and weather all entered into our decision. Knoxville is big enough to provide medical services, shopping, and entertainment. We like that UT is here since it enhances the community. If you are over 60, you can audit classes for free if there is space. Maryville College also has a very nice performing arts center.

No place is perfect, and after moving 6 times in my career, we know that it is all what you make of it. We are busy networking at church, our motorcycle club and other social groups to meet new people and make new friends.

The best way to know if Maryville is right for you is to search on this forum for past posts and come down for a visit. Look at the area for a potential place to live and not as taking a vacation.

Old 12-10-2015, 05:16 AM

394 posts, read 794,683 times
You can use the "Search this Forum" button to find previous posts regarding many Maryville topics. IMO Maryville is a very nice town.

Old 12-10-2015, 07:02 AM

Thank you DaveC and linnemj

Old 12-21-2015, 01:19 PM

5 posts, read 8,529 times
My parents moved to Maryville from New York Long Island (via Miami) 30 years ago. They also lived in PA for a year. They loved the area for being near Knoxville but more quiet with excellent public schools, small town and community feel, and the bonus was being so close to Smoky Mountains and the gorgeous mountain views everywhere you go. I grew up there and after living away (in Birmingham and Little Rock) for almost the last ten years, I've tried and tried to get back but it just hasn't worked out with my husband's job. I miss it terribly. It is low crime and a great place to live. Home prices are competitive in most places. The Blount County prices are typically lower than in Maryville City limits (as well as taxes).

Old 12-22-2015, 02:07 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,403,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoore133 View Post
Maryville is nice and has both city and country living choices. My wife and I chose Seymour a rural community to avoid all the traffic and the better property taxes in Sevier County, while being 20 minutes from down town Maryville,Knoxville or Sevierville/PF. Use Realtor.com or Zillow.com to get a feel for housing prices.

Old 12-23-2015, 06:50 AM

Thanks Iskolits, expatCa! Think I may start looking for work in Knoxville! I will check out Seymour as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville