Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 05:55 PM

7,541 posts, read 17,243,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokyMtnGal View Post
Yep mb, point made for sure.

<sigh>

This is TN folks, this isn't North Florida, South Jersey, the inner coastline or whatever. Like it or leave but keep your "my way is better" yap to yourself. (so happy mb opened that door for me ) Obviously we're doing something right here since y'all are wanting to flock to our towns.
Thank God somebody said it! If our sub-par sushi is really such a concern, then, please, move to Japan.

I realize that might sound rude, but to those of who are native to the area, constantly put on the defensive about stupid trivialities like this (we are HOURS from the ocean, and people complain about seafood?! Jesus!), it gets *really* old *really* fast.

Old 09-19-2008, 05:59 PM

1,113 posts, read 2,521,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokyMtnGal View Post
Yep mb, point made for sure.

<sigh>

This is TN folks, this isn't North Florida, South Jersey, the inner coastline or whatever. Like it or leave but keep your "my way is better" yap to yourself. (so happy mb opened that door for me ) Obviously we're doing something right here since y'all are wanting to flock to our towns.
That's not fair. You guys can't help it if your sushi sucks. We just have to make it better

No harm in improving the cuisine a bit.

Old 09-19-2008, 06:02 PM

1,113 posts, read 2,521,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabogitlu View Post
Thank God somebody said it! If our sub-par sushi is really such a concern, then, please, move to Japan.

I realize that might sound rude, but to those of who are native to the area, constantly put on the defensive about stupid trivialities like this (we are HOURS from the ocean, and people complain about seafood?! Jesus!), it gets *really* old *really* fast.
You people need to relax and take a bubble bath or something. I am moving to TN for the views, not the sushi.

Everyone take a deep breathe with me.....breathe in for 4 seconds, hold for 4 seconds, blow out for 4 seconds.

Now then, don't we all feel better.

Old 09-19-2008, 06:04 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,327,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HengyMama View Post
That's not fair. You guys can't help it if your sushi sucks. We just have to make it better

Better for who? The native Tennesseans who like it the way it is or you the new comer?
My husband is a native Tennessean and you could not pay him to even try sushi. So why do you feel the need to improve it here in anyway?
Personally, if you have a thing (like this restaurant you are speaking of) where you are now that you feel like you can not live without if it is not where you are moving to....don't move.

Old 09-19-2008, 06:08 PM

I guess we do sound a bit harpy. And if your complaint (not that it's really a complaint, I know you were just saying you've had better sushi LOL) was the only one we'd ever heard, then we probably would be overreacting horribly.

But to get on here and read 3-4 a day... and hear about it DAILY at our jobs (especially those of us lucky enough to work in retail... I got an earful today from a transplant about a stroller we didn't have in stock. Hello, lady, I don't order our merchandise.)... it gets really old.

For the record, I love sushi. But I guess I'm just a plain old simple eater, cause I really like the sushi you get at Kroger for six bucks.

Old 09-19-2008, 06:26 PM

780 posts, read 1,766,360 times
Well I dont like Sushi but I sure do love all the home cooking type restaurants here, and most all the places have never frozen burgers and hand cut fries, I never found that in FL. I also love the mountain views, the smell of the rain and the loud thunder as it echoes off the mountains around me not to mention the 4 seasons, NOPE, I have no complaints or comparibles to make

Old 09-19-2008, 06:45 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,508,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HengyMama View Post

People here love it. I just passed by there and the parking lot is packed and they are overflowing into Gillenwater Floorings parking lot. We don't think the sushi sucks; quite the opposite. So much so that we pack the house night after night. Our sushi doesn't need saving! Your "improving" might be messing it up for everyone else here. We eat at our restaurants every week; we know what nights the best cook is off (and the best cook is in).

Not speaking directly to anyone in particular but to everyone that comes here and starts complaining...... that is what turns the locals off. That is why people all of a sudden generalize that they don't like Floridians or Northerners or wherever folks came from; they didn't like being poked by the out of state stick.

The more we are told that something of ours doesn't measure up the more we clam up and don't talk at all. This board has gotten very quiet because certain people that are very, very helpful in nature are tired of the same questions and tired of being challenged on their answers or told that stuff here isn't "as good as". I am not just talking about the moderators. We have some great longtime members that have confided that they are tired of it.

To those of you that come here and embrace the best of this area, God bless you. To those that just want to complain and compare and point out the negative just stop. Basic manners go a long way, even on a board. This is our home; we're proud of it.

Old 09-19-2008, 07:08 PM

Lord have mercy, I can't rep ya. Shoot!

Old 09-20-2008, 07:04 AM

7,280 posts, read 21,327,628 times
I must spread the love around too SMG, but you nailed it again.

Old 09-20-2008, 07:49 AM

2,197 posts, read 7,394,730 times
Ditto, me. Nailed it, you.

Gotta spread the reps around, but let's hear it for SMG!

Last edited by goodbyehollywood; 11-24-2008 at 03:29 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville