Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2018, 02:33 PM

7 posts, read 8,551 times

Advertisements

Thank you for all the great info Rsaw
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2018, 02:00 PM

113 posts, read 161,210 times
Hi all,
So it’s a sunny day in Michigan, not too hot and the power goes out. I hookup my little generator to run the frig and a few other things. The power company said the power should be back on by 6:00 pm. But they have been wrong before.

Knowing that the power plant is near Tellico Village I was wondering if Tellico Village main or Tellico Village Kahite has ever had power interruption/outages before? How does power interruptions affect the sewage system? Also, should I bring my generator with me when I move?

Thanks,
Bob

Old 09-17-2018, 06:46 PM

338 posts, read 617,296 times
I want to thank everyone for the information and reviews provided here. My husband and I are just starting to look at Tellico Village and we're reading everything we can find. We're due to retire Dec of 2019 (if earlier, we'll jump at the chance!)

I'm so excited by what I've read here! This is a BIG step for us----

Old 09-18-2018, 01:02 PM

536 posts, read 961,782 times
Is Tellico Village near or in Tellico Plains?

Old 09-18-2018, 01:07 PM

455 posts, read 670,471 times
Tellico Village is about a 45 minute easy ride from Tellico Village. A very nice drive, especially in the Fall to see the changing colors but really enjoyable any time of year.

Old 09-18-2018, 07:21 PM

455 posts, read 670,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaralj View Post
Is Tellico Village near or in Tellico Plains?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyNSea55 View Post
Tellico Village is about a 45 minute easy ride from Tellico Village. A very nice drive, especially in the Fall to see the changing colors but really enjoyable any time of year.
I meant to say Tellico Plains is about a 45 minute drive from Tellico Village.

Old 09-18-2018, 08:34 PM

585 posts, read 635,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyNSea55 View Post
I meant to say Tellico Plains is about a 45 minute drive from Tellico Village.
And Tellico Village is right on Tellico Lake.

Old 09-19-2018, 07:20 AM

536 posts, read 961,782 times
Wow, it sounds nice. I have gotten some information on it. Looks like it's in a very pretty area. We are retiring in two years, and have several locations earmarked. Some in TN and some in TX so far.

Old 09-22-2018, 07:12 AM

3 posts, read 3,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bungalowdweller View Post
I want to thank everyone for the information and reviews provided here. My husband and I are just starting to look at Tellico Village and we're reading everything we can find. We're due to retire Dec of 2019 (if earlier, we'll jump at the chance!)

I'm so excited by what I've read here! This is a BIG step for us----
+1

I'm in the same situation, and many people have been so kind and helpful in this thread.

Thanks so much

Old 09-22-2018, 07:19 AM

3 posts, read 3,397 times
Thanks for the write-up, very informative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsaw7854 View Post
Hi All,
Here is my write up from our visit to Tellico Village.

Sunday:

Attended mass at St Thomas The Apostle Catholic Church in Lenoir City, not that far from where we were staying. Nice church and felt like we were in the late 60’s with the choir. Went to to Food City for some groceries and the prices seemed ok and it was about 4 miles from where we were staying. Went to several open houses, the open houses are from 2 to 4 pm on Sunday. Saw several homes and one on the water that was way out of our price range but was beautiful inside and out. We also drove around and looked at the outsides of home we found on Zillow in our price range.

Monday

We met with a TV resident and toured the main village. I want to thank her for the tour, it was very informative. She showed us a lot and took us to all the different neighborhoods, club house, wellness center, picnic area, yacht club and points of interest in the main village while pointing out the differences in the neighborhoods. The food prices seem reasonable at the golf course restaurants and the yacht club. The yacht club prices seemed comparable to Outback. We usually have water or pop with meals, so I can’t comment about beer or mixed drink prices. Just outside of the village (about 0.25 miles from Tellico Parkway) on Ritchey road is a Thai and a Mexican restaurant, we were able eat at the Mexico restaurant during our visit. Lorenzo Mexican Grille, the food was very good and inexpensive. Also, the hardware store in the village has a restaurant/food counter that is supposed to serve great burgers and chicken sandwiches that are inexpensive. Our tour guide told us that all the construction/trade eat lunch there. We also learned, any street name ending with lane or place is a dead-end street. If it ends in way or circle it is a through street. At the end of the tour we ate lunch at Tanasi club house, very reasonably priced meals. It overlooks the lake, great view.

They’re going to tear down Toqua club house and rebuild it and make it larger, it’s the first golf course built. They have the funds put aside to redo it. The property association has a 5-year plan and are working on a 20-year plan to update/ modernize the facilities as needed - golf course, boat docks, roads, sewer system etc. TV is very well funded and has a max percentage the dues can increase per year.

Tuesday and Wednesday:

Met with a realtor and was shown several houses in our price range. It showed us that there was plenty to choose from in our price range. Some of them needed work and one we loved but was on the small side that had beautiful views of the mountains and lake. He also showed us homes in Tellico Village Kahite neighborhood. We were also shown around Rarity Bay but we were not interested it it since they still have a lot of problems to resolve. RB is very nice looking but in retirement I don’t want to take that big of a gamble. If you have questions about RB see its master thread under Knoxville.

Then during the week:

We have friends who live in Kahite and visited them several times while we were in TN. We went to dinner several times and ate at Pizzeria Venti (good pizza), an open-air restaurant (don’t know the name) on the water off of Sequoyah Resort Way in Vonore (great crab cakes and grouper sandwich) and the Kahite club house also good food. Wednesday evening (5:00 to 7:00 I believe) at the Kahite club house they have a Neighborhood get together. You can choose from three different dinner entrees for $10. We met quite a few nice people at the get together. They also have one on Saturday morning that we didn’t have time to attend. I don’t know if the main village has any neighborhood get togethers. The food at all three places was good and reasonably priced, we are not foodies. Simple is fine with us.

Part of the facilities at the Kahite club house will be removed so that a larger permanent building addition can be erected. Again, the funds for the additions is already set aside.

Katie is about 10 miles from the southern end of TV main. Our GPS took us the long way, at least it felt longer, than the way our friends had us go. The short way is from southern end of Tellico Parkway turn left onto 72, go several miles to 411 and make a left, go about 2 miles to Niles Ferry Rd (there is a blue sign with and arrow to Kahite) make a right, travel about 2 miles to the Kahite entrance on the left.

Our last night we had dinner at the yacht club. We arrived when they open at 5:00 pm and they were able to give us a table close to the windows. We had a great view until the people with reservations sat down in front of the windows, about 6:00 pm or so. Then it was still good. Note to self - make reservations next time for a window seat. There were several people sitting outside on the balcony. The food was excellent, our entrees were Shrimp and Scallops; Pan Seared Salmon. Dress code is casual, no jean shorts. I wore nice shorts and a polo shirt and my better half wore shorts and polo shirt.

Our opinions about Tellico Village Main and Tellico Village Kahite.

Both:

People are very friendly and wave as you drive by

People are open and are easy to talk to

People our proud of the communities

Tellico Village is very clean (no trash laying around or along the water). My wife kept saying how clean and pretty the village is.

The facilities are well kept and clean,

Majority of the lots are small

Few 3 car + garages

House vary from small (1200 sqft) to very large (8000 soft)

Few with basements or workshops

The neighborhoods are prettier than Florida in our opinion,

Weather is not as severe as Florida or at home

Tellico Village Main:

Hilly with lots of treed common areas

Very large and has the majority of the residents

More facilities but again more people using them (2 rec centers and 2 golf courses)

Tellico Kahite:

Flatter and fewer trees

Possibly more views of the lake and moutains

Smaller community and closer knit

Some basic questions about Tellico Village:

1. Nearest large city? Knoxville about 40 to 50 minute drive to downtown

2. Traffic in the village? Speed limits are 25 or 35 mph in the Village, 50 mph on Tellico Parkway

3. A hospital of any size and capability? I am told Tellico Village has a very good EMT service with retired EMTs as volunteer. They are the first responders. University of Tennessee has an extension in Lenoir City and the main hospital is in Knoxville about 40 min away. Plus, there are other hospitals in the area and near Tellico Village Kahite

4. Bank, grocery store fast food? There is a Food Lion grocery store in Tellico Village (south end), hardware store, dollar general, bank plus restaurants. Lenoir City has fast food restaurant such as Chick-fil-a, K of C, McDonalds, Taco. Bell, Chili’s etc. There also a Home Depot and Walmart.

Kahite, there is some shopping in Vonore and Maryville is 15 to 20 minutes away with a small mall and fast food restaurant such as Chick-fil-a, K of C, McDonalds, Taco Bell, Chili’s etc. and big box stores.

5. Nearest airport? Maryville/ Alcoa is about 20 min away. That’s the airport for Knoxville.

6. Water: well or city? City water

7. Sewage: septic or sewer? Sewer

8. Internet: satellite or cable? High speed internet by spectrum

9. HOA fees? The HOA is a club, the POA (property owners association) is the governing body of Tellico Village, dues are $126 a month

10. Are there many flying bugs? NO! I was very surprised that there were very few flying bugs. We went for several walks in the woods, along the lake and around the neighborhoods and encountered very few mosquitoes. Back home I would have been eaten alive in the woods. The reason I am told for this is that the TVA lowers the lake during the winter/early spring and the bugs lay their eggs in the soft lake bank. Then in the late spring the water level is raised to its normal level drowning the bugs.

The house we rented was 103 Hiwassee Lane, if you would want our opinion about that house, please contact us through Direct Messaging feature on this forum.

Again we would like to thanks the following:

Our volunteer tour guide who was very knowledgeable and fun to be with
Our Friends Todd and Laura for being so helpful show us some great places to eat and a neighbor’s home
The realtor who showed us around knowing that we were not ready to buy
The kind people of Tellico Village main and Kahite
And this forum for the knowledgable people willing to help

Sincerely,
Bob
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville