Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2011, 11:48 PM

21 posts, read 30,607 times

Advertisements

I can't wait! I'll be heading out (from sw fl) to Knox come Dec 3rd. Staying for a week or more seeking employment and a full family relocate. Hopefully these job interviews go well (fingers crossed). So exited to get back to America! Hind sight sure is 20/20. I turned a well paying job down in Tenn some 13 years ago. Stupid is me hah. If only we could predict the future huh? Darn you Florida, you have let me down =\
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2011, 05:15 AM

15,205 posts, read 12,073,081 times
Bizzar1...Good luck with your job search....

Took me 20 years to get out of Florida....

Old 11-19-2011, 11:16 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,294,239 times
Oh congrats! I lived in swFlorida for a time including Fort Myers and Bonita. My daughter was born in Naples. I've lived in Knoxville for six and love, love, love it!

Old 11-19-2011, 08:20 PM

3,454 posts, read 7,410,714 times
Quick update on us...hubby and his contractor friend have been down there since the Tuesday after hurricane Irene (end of August) with a couple of brief stints back to NJ for various business purposes.

The outside of the house is about done, including a new roof; now for the inside. The place really needed to be gutted and redone. Bless our friend who's been at this day and night, staying at our place with no heat, sinks, toilet, no shower, etc. Only a spigot outdoors...

Turns out his daughter has decided to buy a small farm down the street from our place so we're really excited to be able to help his family out like he's helped ours.

As you may/may not know, our move is contingent upon our NJ place being foreclosed upon :-/ (long story) and we've been served with the official papers so we expect to be moving in about 4-5 months.

Nerve-wracking/so exciting/stressful/joyful. Eager to get down to where we plan to call home... finally!

Here's before & current:

Old 11-20-2011, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbkaren View Post
Quick update on us...hubby and his contractor friend have been down there since the Tuesday after hurricane Irene (end of August) with a couple of brief stints back to NJ for various business purposes.

The outside of the house is about done, including a new roof; now for the inside. The place really needed to be gutted and redone. Bless our friend who's been at this day and night, staying at our place with no heat, sinks, toilet, no shower, etc. Only a spigot outdoors...

Turns out his daughter has decided to buy a small farm down the street from our place so we're really excited to be able to help his family out like he's helped ours.

As you may/may not know, our move is contingent upon our NJ place being foreclosed upon :-/ (long story) and we've been served with the official papers so we expect to be moving in about 4-5 months.

Nerve-wracking/so exciting/stressful/joyful. Eager to get down to where we plan to call home... finally!

Here's before & current:

Karen...I'm sure y'all are excited about your new adventure....

Nice pics of the "red X's".....

Old 11-20-2011, 08:05 AM

7 posts, read 7,366 times
Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post
Holliemac....Wish I could be more helpful, but I'm on the plateau....so not close to Loudon.

Almost 4 years ago the place I use to work at made fiberglass resins in Florida, downsized from 20+ to 8 employees and a 4 day week and a lot of our customers in the boat industry went under thanks to the economy....
That's ok, I'm getting there--friendly people on the MalibuCrew forum have
given some info--they are still making boats in Loudon. We saw quite a few of them on Dale Hollow Lake when we were there over Labor day.
Are you closer to Cookeville or Crossville then, Bones? We originally wanted to move to Cookeville but the job is in Knoxville, and making the move without the job is more risky.

Old 11-20-2011, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holliemac View Post
That's ok, I'm getting there--friendly people on the MalibuCrew forum have
given some info--they are still making boats in Loudon. We saw quite a few of them on Dale Hollow Lake when we were there over Labor day.
Are you closer to Cookeville or Crossville then, Bones? We originally wanted to move to Cookeville but the job is in Knoxville, and making the move without the job is more risky.
Yes I agree, have a job before moving anywhere in this economy....

I'm near Crossville....out in the boonies with all the critters....

Old 11-21-2011, 08:16 AM

3,454 posts, read 7,410,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post
Karen...I'm sure y'all are excited about your new adventure....

Nice pics of the "red X's".....
Cr@p. And I can't edit it now...I'll add new when I get home. Thanks for the headsup!

p.s. When we move down, I hope we'll finall get to Lefty's!!

Old 11-21-2011, 10:48 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,294,239 times
I'm having problems with images on my computer so I thought it was me.

What's a Lefty's?

Old 11-21-2011, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
I'm having problems with images on my computer so I thought it was me.

What's a Lefty's?
Very close to a 'Handweigh"....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville