Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 07:46 AM

340 posts, read 1,188,811 times

Advertisements

Suzy, I was offline yesterday and will be for the next week as well. We have company coming up to the mountains for a visit.

Like Hiknapster said, it may take a little time for one or the other of you to find a job, but the overall long-term prospects are good. Your hubby might even want to consider a help-desk type job at a corporate office. We have a handful of corporations that have their corporate office either in Knoxville or one of the surrounding towns.

Here's a link to a site that posts some of them:

KnoxCareers.com: Companies with Headquarters in Knoxville

Here's another one that has some links in it:

Employers Headquartered in Knoxville

Here's a third:

http://www.knoxvillechamber.com/index.php?/kc/content/download/343/1202/file/Corporate_Headquarters_2006.pdf (broken link)

And, there are others out there. The corp headquarters I work in isn't on any of the lists. I checked out the websites and posted my resume at some of them. I woudl also contact HR and see about getting the ones you are interested in a hard copy of your resumes.

Old 06-22-2007, 08:05 AM

109 posts, read 359,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbG View Post
Suzy, I was offline yesterday and will be for the next week as well. We have company coming up to the mountains for a visit.

Like Hiknapster said, it may take a little time for one or the other of you to find a job, but the overall long-term prospects are good. Your hubby might even want to consider a help-desk type job at a corporate office. We have a handful of corporations that have their corporate office either in Knoxville or one of the surrounding towns.

Here's a third:

http://www.knoxvillechamber.com/index.php?/kc/content/download/343/1202/file/Corporate_Headquarters_2006.pdf (broken link)

And, there are others out there. The corp headquarters I work in isn't on any of the lists. I checked out the websites and posted my resume at some of them. I woudl also contact HR and see about getting the ones you are interested in a hard copy of your resumes.
Awesome!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH BARB!!! you're the BEST!

Old 06-22-2007, 08:13 AM

340 posts, read 1,188,811 times
Aww, sweetie. Anytime. People helped us so many times when we were looking to make this move, so I'm just passing it on now.

When we first got here to Knoxville with a truckload of furniture, a dear lady I knew from a Christian BB, her and her sweet husband met us at the house and helped us unload the truck. They had to drive an hour to get to our rental.

To top that off, our dear landlord brought us all Kentucky Fried Chicken for dinner as we were working.

After Hurr Katrina and all the stress, I sat down and cried that night over the kindness of people. It was overwhelming.

Old 06-25-2007, 07:08 AM

109 posts, read 359,400 times
Quote:
Aww, sweetie. Anytime. People helped us so many times when we were looking to make this move, so I'm just passing it on now.

When we first got here to Knoxville with a truckload of furniture, a dear lady I knew from a Christian BB, her and her sweet husband met us at the house and helped us unload the truck. They had to drive an hour to get to our rental.

To top that off, our dear landlord brought us all Kentucky Fried Chicken for dinner as we were working.

After Hurr Katrina and all the stress, I sat down and cried that night over the kindness of people. It was overwhelming.
Barb, I am so happy to hear that they received you with such open arms...I also realized how kind people are up there in TN...It is even scary..LOL...I am not use to that at all...Here in Miami, people are mostly rude....especially DRIVERS! anyhow, I am soooo happy I am getting out of here, I can't wait to meet new people and make new friends ;o)

Old 07-15-2007, 03:14 PM

48 posts, read 139,089 times
Lightbulb TedTAce - Need to see your photos of Maryville

Noticed that you posted some photos (from Maryville) here on Mar 7th, 2007 but unfortunately I could not view any of them , could you send them to this e-mail address:- W2Rona@AOl.com or tell me how else I could try to open them. I see you all over this forum and know that you are a great source for info. Thanks in advance

Old 07-15-2007, 04:11 PM

177 posts, read 792,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy-Margaret View Post
Noticed that you posted some photos (from Maryville) here on Mar 7th, 2007 but unfortunately I could not view any of them , could you send them to this e-mail address:- W2Rona@AOl.com or tell me how else I could try to open them. I see you all over this forum and know that you are a great source for info. Thanks in advance

W-M, look at the last post on page 2 of this thread for the new link to the pictures. I have copied here for convenience:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TedTAce View Post
Nope, I just re-organized my website and didn't think that those changes would effect things here.

Here is the page I made for the images.

City of Maryville Tennessee Photo Tour

Old 08-08-2007, 11:44 AM

4 posts, read 18,435 times
We are relocating to the knox area, or somewhere within 15-20 minutes of knox. My hubby is in the car business. He does finance at a dealership here in south florida.

Does anyone know if the car dealers in knox are busy or should we head more towards the Nash area? Do you know anyone in this line of work who may shed some light on the income variables??

I dont think we will find a place where he makes what he makes now...but we are looking forward to less hours and a cheaper cost of living all around!!

Thanks!!

Old 08-08-2007, 01:12 PM

2,171 posts, read 7,660,439 times
He can probably do very, very well in Knoxville. Tons of dealers here and a very, very busy CarMax.
Rusty Wallace, of NASCAR fame, has several dealerships here. We've got all the basics -- Ford, Honda, Toyota, GM -- as well as high end dealerships like Range Rover, Lexus, Mercedes, Porsche-Audi, and a huge BMW dealership.
I think the low housing costs let people spend more on cars. Sure are a lot of expensive ones on the roads.
There are two big clumps of dealers. One at Airport Motor Mile nearly Alcoa/Maryville and another -- Lexus, BMW, etc. -- on Parkside Drive in West Knoxville near Turkey Creek.
The Cars section of the News-Sentinel can give you a good idea of what's here.
knoxnews CARS :: Knoxcars.com - your local search engine for cars, autos, vehicles and dealers.

Old 08-08-2007, 03:20 PM

4 posts, read 18,435 times
Thanks so much Knoxgarden!!!!

Old 08-09-2007, 06:20 AM

28 posts, read 111,481 times
Quote:

Here's a third:

Thank you for posting that info Information I have been looking for !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville