Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Las Cruces
 [Register]
Las Cruces Dona Ana County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 06:34 PM

10 posts, read 48,754 times

Advertisements

Help,

We are moving to New Mexico and very interested in the Las Cruces Area. Looking for info on areas in the city or surrounding areas to live. I am able to work from home via high speed Internet so its a must. We read about the flooding over the summer so want to stay away from those areas.

Will be out in Jan/Feb for a scouting visit with a move towards the middle of 2007.

Any info will help thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2006, 06:59 PM

7 posts, read 26,903 times
well las cruses is crazy to be honest lol I live in las vegas NM. My brother goes to NMSU in las cruses. It is a BIG party school with a bunch of crazy students. the reason it is crazy is because it is right by the border.If you Love very HOTT weather thats the place to be!! theres not alot to do there. if you are looking for things to do i would recomend ALBUQUERQUE because no other town in new mexico has much to do besides there. well goodluck!

Old 11-29-2006, 12:59 PM

Lightbulb Thanks

My wife & I are coming from a town of under 6,000 so talk about not much to do. I want to look away from the college area but not sure what part of town to concentrate on we are not looking for schools or parks just accessibility to shopping etc. I have no need to pay high taxes to build schools which we will never use.

Old 11-29-2006, 03:48 PM

2,857 posts, read 6,726,917 times
Default Schools

Taxes for schools contribute to a better education and a better educated workforce and healthy economy. A good school system is a benefit to all, not just those with school aged children.

Old 11-29-2006, 05:28 PM
_yb

1,120 posts, read 5,290,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domino View Post
Taxes for schools contribute to a better education and a better educated workforce and healthy economy. A good school system is a benefit to all, not just those with school aged children.
That does not seem to be working out to well here in NM.

Old 11-29-2006, 05:47 PM
_yb

1,120 posts, read 5,290,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdeluca22 View Post
I am able to work from home via high speed Internet so its a must.

May I suggest some smaller, nicer areas to the north east of Cruces.
The telephone provider is in the process of upgrading the system to FTTP (Fiber to the Premise). They should have the fastest internet speeds in NM when the project is complete in 2008.
The areas are: Cloudcroft, Tularosa, High Rolls, Carrizozo

Old 11-30-2006, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino View Post
I understand that Domino however I am in NJ now where my "school taxes" alone are above $3,000 with no end in site. the taxes i pay today on a 2600 sq ft home has tripled in the 11 years i am here (above $6000). Part of the reason i am moving out of here taxes are one of the highest in the nation and never seam to go to what they were collected for. I can go on but i will not!

Thanks for the response I just do not want to build all new schools where ever i wind up but i do support education.

Old 11-30-2006, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _yb View Post
May I suggest some smaller, nicer areas to the north east of Cruces.
The telephone provider is in the process of upgrading the system to FTTP (Fiber to the Premise). They should have the fastest internet speeds in NM when the project is complete in 2008.
The areas are: Cloudcroft, Tularosa, High Rolls, Carrizozo
Thanks _yb I will look into it I have an person i used to work with in Roswell

Old 12-04-2006, 02:58 PM

21 posts, read 106,090 times
Hi Cdeluca,

May I suggest the Mesilla area in Las Cruces. We currently live there since moving in November. We like the area and it's quiet. Lot's of shopping opportunity and everything you could need. We have highspeed internet through Qwest, so no troubles in that department since I do all of my work this way, too.
I have not noticed any flooding problems/damage in this area.
Hope this helps. If you need more info let me know.
Petra

Old 12-05-2006, 10:40 AM

Thumbs up Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by arizonapeach View Post
Hi Cdeluca,

May I suggest the Mesilla area in Las Cruces. We currently live there since moving in November. We like the area and it's quiet. Lot's of shopping opportunity and everything you could need. We have highspeed internet through Qwest, so no troubles in that department since I do all of my work this way, too.
I have not noticed any flooding problems/damage in this area.
Hope this helps. If you need more info let me know.
Petra
My wife loved Mesilla from the little info we were able to aquire. Our realotor says housing inventory in that area is low since it is a nice part of the city. THe flooding was in mostly Aug and it was near arroyos and low lying areas
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Las Cruces