Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Las Cruces
 [Register]
Las Cruces Dona Ana County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 05:08 PM

576 posts, read 2,308,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
I think you misunderstood me. I was implying that reasons you don't see Seafood places in Las Cruces is because of Red Lobster (popular in Cruces) and because people go fishing in Las Cruces...
When we lived in Las Cruces, we used to get a wonderful grilled Columbia River salmon that was served with an orange/chipotle sauce that was out of this world. It was at Peppers, part of the Double Eagle on the Old Plaza in Mesilla.

They flew in the fresh salmon on Thursdays at that time, and we always went on Thursday night for the freshest fish. You might check with the manager to see when the flights are now.

~clairz
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2008, 12:03 AM

68 posts, read 257,212 times
I love how still and quiet things get around midnight during the week, even the weekends aren't that rowdy around that hour...still has that feel of the early Las Cruces I grew up with.

Old 03-17-2009, 08:49 PM

16 posts, read 37,053 times
Wink love list

Quote:
Originally Posted by anomoly View Post
First, let me congratulate and thank fnord for starting a positive thread like this. Good job!
I've been considering Las Cruces for quite awhile, after 3 years travelling around in my RV. I love So. NM, and have been idling in TrC since October, until I figured out exactly when and where I want to settle.

I am buying a "Park Model" here in TrC, and plan to move it to Las Cruces in a couple of months. Park Models are large living trailers that arent intended to be moved around (as opposed to a travel trailer), yet more mobile than a 'mobile home'.

So, my job now is to spend some serious time investigating Cruces, in terms of RV/trailer parks, good/bad areas, and everything else I have to look forward to in Cruces. This thread will be an asset to me, and I recognize some of the posters here, and enjoyed your postings in other threads.

Just wanted to add that I 'repped' fnord for starting this thread, especially noticing he/she is a new member to CD forums, and I encourage others to acknowledge new members who make City Data such a great place.

Do you all live in Las Cruces? I will be looking forward to more of your thoughts here.
Thanks, fnord, and everyone else for giving just what I needed--at just the right time!
I second Your appreciation TP.

Old 03-17-2009, 08:59 PM

fnord, I loved Your list, and You are not alone with American- Mexican feelings. I have spent the last 6 years of 1-week vacations going to Mexico, and have loved the People, weather, the respect They have for Their culture as well as the Native American, as it was Their land, before We took it, and steadily ruined it. This is why I'm thinking about moving to LC. and the surrounding areas. I have been planing for a 2-week trip in May and can't wait as winter is just starting to lesson here in Maine, Still Our high was 40 today YEAH!!! thats Your low isn't it? TP..

Old 03-17-2009, 09:08 PM

Man I'm just busting out of My chair, reading this,great thoughts, I can picture every thing in 3-d by Your descriptions.. I so appreciate this forum as it was My day off and I have spent the best part of the day chirping in. I'm a new-bee so I have to be edited?must be homeland security,or does Bush know I found this site? Take care everyone, You will be hearing alot of Me hope thats OK..TP.

Old 03-17-2009, 09:36 PM

576 posts, read 2,308,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim perry View Post
Man I'm just busting out of My chair, reading this,great thoughts, I can picture every thing in 3-d by Your descriptions.. I so appreciate this forum as it was My day off and I have spent the best part of the day chirping in. I'm a new-bee so I have to be edited?must be homeland security,or does Bush know I found this site? Take care everyone, You will be hearing alot of Me hope thats OK..TP.
Hi, Tim. Welcome to CD, although I'm not sure what you meant about being edited (?)

There are quite a few of us here who have moved to New Mexico from New England. I was born in Maine and lived many years in New Hampshire (and other parts of the country) but am very, very glad to be in New Mexico now.
Hope you get to Las Cruces soon.

~clairz

Old 03-18-2009, 11:29 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,625,047 times
Quote:
You will be hearing alot of Me hope thats OK..TP.
That's o.k. .

6/3

Old 03-19-2009, 06:49 PM

clairz. Hey and Hello and thanks, I have always loved New Hampshire even better than Maine, Mt Washington area.Kangamangas, conway, and definately Laconia, bike week ,I go every year. The attitudes are always easy there, People are happy to be there, I'm sure I get the vibe of N.MX there is great too. Me a little slooooo, everytime I put in a quote or post, it kept saying edit status, so I belong on a great forum called Yucatan Living.com and they edit each post the next day before they put it on Forum, thats My excuse and I'm sticking to it !! It was a scorching 44 today, Spring tomorrow and getting colder!!! Get Me out of here...Take care Tim P.

Old 03-19-2009, 08:27 PM

702 posts, read 2,295,939 times
Quote:
fnord, I loved Your list, and You are not alone with American- Mexican feelings. I have spent the last 6 years of 1-week vacations going to Mexico, and have loved the People, weather, the respect They have for Their culture as well as the Native American, as it was Their land, before We took it, and steadily ruined it. This is why I'm thinking about moving to LC. and the surrounding areas. I have been planing for a 2-week trip in May and can't wait as winter is just starting to lesson here in Maine, Still Our high was 40 today YEAH!!! thats Your low isn't it? TP..
Thanks, Tim. Whatever you do, don't read the local newspaper, LC Sun News. It's total crap with lots of space dedicated to the latest wife beater down in Vado or glorifying gangs in Las Cruces. Ignore it. You're better off visiting here and seeing everything for yourself - the good far outweighs the bad.

Old 03-20-2009, 06:47 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,473,258 times
Las Cruces was voted the safest mid-size city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Las Cruces