Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2010, 12:25 AM

3 posts, read 7,451 times

Advertisements

We are considering to move to either Pebble Creek neighborhood north of 215, opposite Green Valley Ranch Resort, or Green Valley Ranch, just south of 215, near Discovery Park.

We have never lived in Vegas and don't know the differences. Can you pls help? thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2010, 04:22 PM

3,728 posts, read 9,472,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyjimmy2 View Post
We are considering to move to either Pebble Creek neighborhood north of 215, opposite Green Valley Ranch Resort, or Green Valley Ranch, just south of 215, near Discovery Park.

We have never lived in Vegas and don't know the differences. Can you pls help? thanks
I actually like the area South of 215 as I have friends that live there in the general vicinity, but either location should be just fine!

You really need to come and look the areas over for yourself though before making a decision.

Best of luck to you!

Old 11-22-2010, 07:02 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,194,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyjimmy2 View Post

All things being equal...and they never are. South of 215. And if children are involved double that.

Now when you discover you only get 75% size of house? that is the payment you make for moving south.

The area around the park is about as good as it gets in LV for schools.. Enjoy.

Also note that MomMom is never wrong....

Old 11-22-2010, 09:22 PM

3,728 posts, read 9,472,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
All things being equal...and they never are. South of 215. And if children are involved double that.

Now when you discover you only get 75% size of house? that is the payment you make for moving south.

The area around the park is about as good as it gets in LV for schools.. Enjoy.

Also note that MomMom is never wrong....

Old 01-26-2013, 11:40 PM

107 posts, read 231,722 times
First off, I know... I know... this thread is old! That said, I was researching the Pebble Creek area (barely N of 215 near Pebble & S Eastern). Is that a good area? Does anyone have any info on the Pebble Creek Village condos? They're being sold for cheap and that could be a red flag per se... the rentals are also not that hot either (i.e., a few listings have been active for well over a couple of months). That area "looks" OK based on my Google Street View research, except for that nursery where you can even see in the pictures that it's a favorite spot for day laborers (and lots of them--at least when the Google car was taking its pictures!)...

Will be visiting this area next week and will check it out during day and night hours to see how it "feels", but thought to ask the forum here as to what you all think of that area... Thanks!

P.S. Why it's always "south" of 215? What's so bad about north of it? This area is barely north of 215; but still no good?

Old 01-28-2013, 05:50 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,114,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberGuy View Post
First off, I know... I know... this thread is old! That said, I was researching the Pebble Creek area (barely N of 215 near Pebble & S Eastern). Is that a good area? Does anyone have any info on the Pebble Creek Village condos? They're being sold for cheap and that could be a red flag per se... the rentals are also not that hot either (i.e., a few listings have been active for well over a couple of months). That area "looks" OK based on my Google Street View research, except for that nursery where you can even see in the pictures that it's a favorite spot for day laborers (and lots of them--at least when the Google car was taking its pictures!)...

Will be visiting this area next week and will check it out during day and night hours to see how it "feels", but thought to ask the forum here as to what you all think of that area... Thanks!

P.S. Why it's always "south" of 215? What's so bad about north of it? This area is barely north of 215; but still no good?
I don't live in the area, so I can't help you with the north vs. south of 215 thing, but I wouldn't worry about the day laborers in front of the nursery you mentioned. Pretty much every nursery in the valley has day laborers hanging around outside.

Old 01-28-2013, 05:54 PM

156 posts, read 403,764 times
First of all there are TWO Pebble Creek neighborhoods about 2 miles apart on Pebble. The one off of Pebble and Eastern is in unincorporated Clark County, the one on Pebble and Pecos is in the City of Henderson.

IMHO living inHenderson is better and the Green Valley South area of Henderson (which the second Pebble Creek is in) is my favorite part of town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas