Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2011, 11:42 PM

12,908 posts, read 28,004,431 times

Advertisements

If you are only making 400 a week, you shouldn't be in a 1500sf rental in the first place!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2011, 07:37 PM

1,631 posts, read 3,952,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott456 View Post
I bet some of them are (were) real estate agents. ;-)
I share this information because it helps to realize how hard everyone has been hit by this recession, to put a face on the people so you can have an understanding it's not just numbers but human collateral damage.

Unfortunately this recession has taken it's toll on everybody and my realtor community has been hit financially just like everyone else. Unfortunately there are some realtors and developers that were so distressed over the ordeal they couldn't handle it like the couple in this article and commit suicide over their loss's.

Unfortunately this isn't the only case there are others not only realtors but home owners that took this way out and these stories aren't in the news like all the other things happening here regarding the housing and economic crash.

Commercial real estate: How low can it go?

We’re all too familiar with the myriad stories about people who, because of an adjustable rate mortgage or job loss, have lost their home to foreclosure. The bursting housing bubble depressed the economy and ultimately spread to the commercial side of the real estate equation that already had a glut ...

Old 08-01-2011, 09:31 PM

72 posts, read 110,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 license to sell View Post
I share this information because it helps to realize how hard everyone has been hit by this recession, to put a face on the people so you can have an understanding it's not just numbers but human collateral damage.

Unfortunately this recession has taken it's toll on everybody and my realtor community has been hit financially just like everyone else. Unfortunately there are some realtors and developers that were so distressed over the ordeal they couldn't handle it like the couple in this article and commit suicide over their loss's.

Unfortunately this isn't the only case there are others not only realtors but home owners that took this way out and these stories aren't in the news like all the other things happening here regarding the housing and economic crash.

Commercial real estate: How low can it go?

We’re all too familiar with the myriad stories about people who, because of an adjustable rate mortgage or job loss, have lost their home to foreclosure. The bursting housing bubble depressed the economy and ultimately spread to the commercial side of the real estate equation that already had a glut ...

Granted many users on this forum like to argue about real estate prices in Las Vegas. But life is precious. No need to end it when it goes bad.

Old 08-01-2011, 11:58 PM

3,598 posts, read 4,951,112 times
More bad news... really bad.

The U-6 number for Nevada (the REAL unemployment number which includes people no longer counted as looking for work, UNDER-employed or people who have simply exhausted their unemployment benefits) is at 23.3%!
Alternative Measures of Labor Underutilization for States

1 out of 4 people. Astonishing. These are Great Depression-era numbers.

Barry Ritholtz has a great post today on comparing today to the 1930's:
Did The 2008-09 Downturn Ever End? | The Big Picture

1 out of 7 Americans are on food stamps!
Food stamp use spikes: One in seven rely on them - Dec. 21, 2010

And today, congress just ensured that the richest 2% of the nation can keep enjoying the lowest personal income tax rates since the invention of the IRS.

God bless Ameri*(^&#($*#^&!

Old 08-02-2011, 12:31 AM

19,221 posts, read 16,705,467 times
Good post, logline. I'd comment on the whole thing but it would be banned for expletives that are not allowed on this site.

Old 08-02-2011, 01:41 AM

2,724 posts, read 4,765,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logline View Post
The U-6 number for Nevada (the REAL unemployment number which includes people no longer counted as looking for work, UNDER-employed or people who have simply exhausted their unemployment benefits) is at 23.3%!
But what about those "green shoots" of a recovery? <sarcasm>

Printing money = Fake recovery

Old 08-02-2011, 01:51 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,250,314 times
I have said it 100 times. We never recovered from the 2008 crash. Unless the root cause is fixed things will never get better. The people who thought we were in a recovery were living in la la land.

Old 08-02-2011, 02:06 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,432,474 times
We hear about those good old green shoots of recovery here in England as well!!
Meanwhile, we have over one million people under 25 without a job. Shops closed
and boarded up in most towns here, people with a job can't get a mortgage as the
bank's arn't lending. We never really recovered from the carnage Margaret Thatcher
brought on us. A few years ago, I used to watch stockbroker's from the City of London
waving their bonus cheques at waiting camera's, with big smiles on their faces. I used
to wonder just where that money was coming from - now I know!!

Old 08-02-2011, 04:07 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,250,314 times
Here is a history lesson for anyone who follows the corrupt mainstream media believing in a recovery:

Quotes from the Great Depression

See the parallels today?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas