Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2012, 10:41 PM

529 posts, read 1,390,578 times

Advertisements

@Nevadaned.. They have been a bone of contention for many when they went up.. They've been there for a while.

I read today on News8 that the new Windermere Realty in Lake Las Vegas/Montelago Village has hired 7 new agents to handle all of the increased real estate business in Lake Las Vegas and the surrounding communities. That's saying something.

How is the landscaping looking on LLV Parkway?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2012, 08:57 AM

3 posts, read 10,131 times
Default Thanks to Everyone

I just registered to post a big Thank You to everyone who keeps us updated on the status of Lake Las Vegas. I am checking back all the time to see what is the newest developments in LLV, and thoroughly enjoy this thread! Everyone who posts on it is so knowledgable and creates a nice ongoing conversation! We own a condo at V but it is a second home and we are not there as much as I would like. Thank you to all of you who spend your time researching and informing us on the politics of LLV. It can not be held down for long, it is to beautiful and as this thread indicates full of people who appreciate it.

Old 03-06-2012, 09:13 AM

@Hi LLVFAN! Welcome to the post and thanks for the compliments!

Old 03-06-2012, 12:34 PM

Location: Columbus, OH / Lake Las Vegas, NV / Indianapolis, IN
81 posts, read 168,858 times
No new work on the LLV Parkway landscaping as of yet....

Old 03-07-2012, 03:51 AM

147 posts, read 409,625 times
Welcome LLVFan!

Old 03-07-2012, 12:51 PM

Interesting about the landscaping... the LLV Master info I read said it was to be completed by 3/3/12? This was all supposed to be done in September 2011 before the big Ironman Race.

Old 03-09-2012, 03:33 AM

147 posts, read 409,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLVResident View Post
Interesting about the landscaping... the LLV Master info I read said it was to be completed by 3/3/12? This was all supposed to be done in September 2011 before the big Ironman Race.
Does not appear to be done.

Old 03-12-2012, 12:22 PM

I spoke to the master association last week. The landscaping is "supposed" to start within the next week and will take about a month to finish everything up.

Did anyone attend the Beerfest? I did. It was great. The largest crowd ever! The entire event ran smoothly. The events coordinator Julie Barbagallo did a great job!!!!

The village was actually busy all weekend. Both the Loews and the Ravella had conferences over the weekend and you could really tell. I saw the Loews shuttle going back and forth all weekend. I wandered into the Ravella and there was a buzz all over their property and lots of lights on. It really felt like the "good ol days" of LLV returning.

I had the opportunity to speak with the GM of the Loews/Westin over the weekend. I am VERY excited about this. Westin and all of the 7 million Starwood members will have access to LLV. What I didn't realize is that the Westin on the strip has very little conference space, so they will utilize both properties for a seamless strip/conference experience with a shuttle between them as the LLV property has tons of conference space.

Westin will be updating much of the things that the Loews hasn't been lately.. (ie the pool chairs, cabanas etc) Probably a total remodel within the next few years. Westin is very positive about the success of their LLV property and what it will bring to the village. The GM said they were sold out over the beer fest weekend. You could really tell in the village. Of course I asked about the RB golf course, as it surrounds their building. I was reading between the lines, but I think that Pyramid may be attempting to purchase the Reflection Bay course. Just a hunch, but it would make sense. Makes you wonder if that wasn't the plan all along? Which is why it didn't work out for the other potential buyers? If I were Westin, I'd sure want my own golf course, surrounding my own hotel to upsell the guests using points to stay. Again, my own hunch and theory.

I'll keep the blog updated!!!

Old 03-12-2012, 02:30 PM

1,966 posts, read 4,342,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLVResident View Post
I spoke to the master association last week. The landscaping is "supposed" to start within the next week and will take about a month to finish everything up.

Did anyone attend the Beerfest? I did. It was great. The largest crowd ever! The entire event ran smoothly. The events coordinator Julie Barbagallo did a great job!!!!

The village was actually busy all weekend. Both the Loews and the Ravella had conferences over the weekend and you could really tell. I saw the Loews shuttle going back and forth all weekend. I wandered into the Ravella and there was a buzz all over their property and lots of lights on. It really felt like the "good ol days" of LLV returning.

I had the opportunity to speak with the GM of the Loews/Westin over the weekend. I am VERY excited about this. Westin and all of the 7 million Starwood members will have access to LLV. What I didn't realize is that the Westin on the strip has very little conference space, so they will utilize both properties for a seamless strip/conference experience with a shuttle between them as the LLV property has tons of conference space.

Westin will be updating much of the things that the Loews hasn't been lately.. (ie the pool chairs, cabanas etc) Probably a total remodel within the next few years. Westin is very positive about the success of their LLV property and what it will bring to the village. The GM said they were sold out over the beer fest weekend. You could really tell in the village. Of course I asked about the RB golf course, as it surrounds their building. I was reading between the lines, but I think that Pyramid may be attempting to purchase the Reflection Bay course. Just a hunch, but it would make sense. Makes you wonder if that wasn't the plan all along? Which is why it didn't work out for the other potential buyers? If I were Westin, I'd sure want my own golf course, surrounding my own hotel to upsell the guests using points to stay. Again, my own hunch and theory.

I'll keep the blog updated!!!
Great job LLV, as usual your posts are very insightful. I would think Westin would push very hard for RB to be purchased for the reasons you mentioned; although, it's getting late for anything to happen this year.

Old 03-12-2012, 11:26 PM

Location: Columbus, OH / Lake Las Vegas, NV / Indianapolis, IN
81 posts, read 168,858 times
Great update as always LLVRes!

I agree, Beerfest was a fantastic event. The weather couldn't have been better and the whole village was really hopping.

My ONLY complaint about the event was the fact that it ended at 6:00 PM. Why not go til at least 9:00 or 10:00?? Personally, I feel the village has an even better atmosphere at night. There were small side vendors set up all throughout the streets. Just like a small Mediterranean village.

Honestly, the Village should host an event like this at least once a month, if not every weekend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas