Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 12:58 PM

697 posts, read 3,278,257 times

Advertisements

I was curious about the availability of property too. I have 10 acres here in Cheyenne and have built a motcross track on it. I would like to do the same there eventually, but I am hearing about dust restrictions and the restrictive prices in the area. How far out of town would I have to live to have 3 or 4 acres with water and utilities piped to them that could be affordable on a public servant salary? Or am I just S.O.L.?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2007, 02:19 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,187,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjski21 View Post
I was curious about the availability of property too. I have 10 acres here in Cheyenne and have built a motcross track on it. I would like to do the same there eventually, but I am hearing about dust restrictions and the restrictive prices in the area. How far out of town would I have to live to have 3 or 4 acres with water and utilities piped to them that could be affordable on a public servant salary? Or am I just S.O.L.?

Best deal I have heard of in a while was a recent 3 acre parcel for 800K. That was completely unimproved. 1/2 acres with utilities are around 300-350K. In these little gated enclaves run 400-500K.

Dust control is a way of life in the Vegas Valley. All riding rinks are sprinklered or they use a water truck. Property owners are forced to fence to keep the kids on ATVs out over dust control.

YOu may be able to work it in Pahrump which is out of the Valley and Clark County. Long commute though it might work for a public safety guy on 4 days.

Old 09-04-2007, 02:42 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,486,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3737 View Post
We are moving to the Las Vegas area. It is a career move only. I am dreading it because we have a horse, goat, and pet pig, not to mention my five dogs and 1 cat. I have looked for homes with acreage and see the cost $$$ not to mention no grass for the kids to eat or play on. I have searched alot of online listings for homes and I am getting depressed. My husband and I are going to end up in a divorce if I cant figure out where to find a place to go with all my pets. Is there an area anyone could suggest that is within an hour of Boulder NV. I know I need to be realistic and I will take all into consideration. Please make any suggestions you may have. Thanks 3737
How about the Las Vegas Zoo? Isn't there a petting farm around?

Old 09-05-2007, 02:18 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,275,556 times
What about Overton and Logandale? You have tree's, land is cheaper, and probably alot of horse property out there. Not sure how long the commute is though. Pahrump is farther the other way.

Old 09-05-2007, 09:17 PM

40 posts, read 281,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
What about Overton and Logandale? You have tree's, land is cheaper, and probably alot of horse property out there. Not sure how long the commute is though. Pahrump is farther the other way.
Check out Mission Hills in Henderson. All 1 acre lots, most with a view. You should be able to get one in your price range. This part of town will go up significantly in the future because there are so few places like it (mostly small lots here in Las Vegas). Mission hills is also close to Boulder City.

Old 09-18-2007, 09:33 PM

1 posts, read 11,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3737 View Post
Thank you for help Radraja, Olecapt and Golfinnova. We are going to be out there in 3 weeks and I will ck out the north west area I guess toward pahrump. Thanks, if any one thinks of anything else I will keep checking. Sincerely 3737
I just want to let you know my place is for sale in Pahrump we live in the northwest area. 5 acres pine trees grass pool spa block wall around pool 5 acres is field fence there is plenty of room for your animals there is a stable for horses. you should check it out if your coming out we are with century21 our mls is 729530.

Old 09-19-2007, 02:15 PM

1,309 posts, read 4,189,780 times
Look around near the River Mountain area in Henderson which is east of Boulder Highway. The lots are minimum .36 acres, and horses are allowed (you can find them easily, the streets all have equestrian names - Albino, Appaloosa, Bridle, etc).

Old 09-22-2007, 01:11 AM

24 posts, read 66,932 times
Default Pahrump is west of Las Vegas

Best of luck to you. I had to find a home that would take 3 dogs and have plenty of space for safe peaceful hiking. I was fortunate to get a lovely home in the northwest also known as Centennial Hills. It is a tract home on about a 1/3 of an acre surrounded by large open areas with rural riding trails. This part of the NW is consider rural.

There are homes with acreage (in LV that is around 1/2 to 1 ac.) that allow horses. One of my neighbors has chickens and horses. I suggest you google the area around the 215 beltway and Durango in the northwest.

Pahrump has some large lots but is at least 60 miles from Boulder.

I have had to commute to the boulder area from the northwest. If you can travel on the off peak hours you can do so in about an hour.

Old 02-20-2008, 05:36 PM

7 posts, read 32,957 times
Any townhouses or single family in that area for rent under $1500?

Old 02-20-2008, 06:10 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,187,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LafeSouthwestPilot View Post
Any townhouses or single family in that area for rent under $1500?
These "rural preserves" generally have half acre zoning so no smaller homes or townhouses. There are certainly some in the zip or nearby though they are likely to be tracts. There are probably 30 or 40 west side places in that range and a similar number to the south.

Say a little more about what you want and maybe we can send you a set.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas