Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 01:19 AM

5 posts, read 5,492 times

Advertisements

Hey folks, I have a quick question for those of you familiar with North Vegas. A family member bought a house in the Rancho subdivision (W Gowan Rd and N Decatur area, more specifically Rancho Rea Parkway and Strawberry Roan Rd) about a year ago. I know North Vegas has a pretty bad reputation, at least parts of it, but was wondering what people thought of this area/subdivision. He's had really good luck so far, no problems to speak of and the neighborhood looks and feels nice (although most people seem to keep to themselves, something we are definately not used to being from a small town). It is also very quiet. Not sure if being just north of the North Vegas airport has something to do with that, it seems to act as a bit of a buffer because as soon as you drive South on Rancho past the airport or East past the airport it seems to get a bit sketchy. However a quick five minute drive west and you are in Summerlin, which is obviously a little more upscale. Anyway, just curious on your thoughts or experiences with this area. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2011, 08:29 AM

7,112 posts, read 13,159,384 times
North Las Vegas is extremely dangerous. Move out as soon as you can. You will get robbed, stabbed and car jacked on a daily basis.

And there is a stinky, smelly rotten pig farm.

Also, noisy military jets flying over 24/7.

And there are a lot of minorities living up that way.

And its my home. :-)

Old 11-14-2011, 08:56 AM

13,044 posts, read 13,869,992 times
Over the life of the earth, the magnetic poles have reversed several times, with magnetic north becoming south, and magnetic south becoming north. It's called geomagnetic reversal. Geomagnetic reversal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So... if you wait a while, North Las Vegas will actually be South Las Vegas & its reputation will improve.

Old 11-14-2011, 09:18 AM

525 posts, read 899,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by von949 View Post
North Las Vegas is extremely dangerous. Move out as soon as you can. You will get robbed, stabbed and car jacked on a daily basis.

And there is a stinky, smelly rotten pig farm.

Also, noisy military jets flying over 24/7.

And there are a lot of minorities living up that way.

And its my home. :-)
What would minorities have to do with it? They are everywhere, sounds like you have some issues.

Old 11-14-2011, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heetseeker View Post
What would minorities have to do with it? They are everywhere, sounds like you have some issues.
Everything I posted was a joke. Im a minority myself, I work on the Air Force base, live right around the corner of the pig farm and I have never been car jacked, robbed or stabbed.

By the way...

what's good area in North Las Vegas
North Las Vegas
Planning to move to North Las Vegas Area
Where would you want to live in Las Vegas (if you don't already live there) and why
New store construction on North Decatur/Tropical
Crime in the Aliante Area? area code 89084
Comparing Sun City Anthem and Sun City Aliante
Summerlin vs. Aliante
How is Aliante area?
Which is better: Centennial Hills or Enterprise area?

Last edited by von949; 11-14-2011 at 09:41 AM..

Old 11-14-2011, 09:49 AM

Thanks, I've read most of those, however was just wondering about the neighborhood I mentioned itself and unless I'm mistaken it isn't mentioned in any of those posts.

Old 11-14-2011, 10:03 AM

I have not heard too much about that area (Gowan Rd and N Decatur). That could be a good thing or a bad thing. The North Las Vegas that I personally know about is north of Craig rd and west of I-15.

Old 11-14-2011, 10:07 AM

Ok, thanks, maybe others will chime in.Like I said it almost seems/ feels isolated due to the proximity to the airport.

Old 11-14-2011, 10:12 AM

I used to pass that area at least once a week and I have only seen one or two helicopters land or take off. Seems like that airport is not really all that busy. I do know that traffic at the intersections around the west side of the air port can get crazy at times.

Old 11-14-2011, 10:16 AM

Yeah, so far the airport has been no problem at all, we actually enjoy watching the odd plane, not too noisy at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas