Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 08:41 AM

7,112 posts, read 13,159,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
(But for some reason, instead of reveling in their new locale, they are so obsessed with their former city that they have to compose post after post telling everyone what an awful city they used to live in.)
I always wondered that also. When someone is thinking about, plans on, considers, or even 100% sure about a Vegas move, they start to post in this section immediately.

When someone is 500% sure that they are moving away, they never make it to the other city's forum section.

Weird.

Posted from Nokia 8210
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2013, 08:43 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,247,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgeek View Post
+1 from me as well, I have lived here 4 months, and they have been absolutely the best 4 months of my life (so far)

Jonathan
Did you move here permanently?

Old 02-10-2013, 03:58 PM

3,977 posts, read 7,639,977 times
YUP - I am here for reals now!

Jonathan

Old 02-10-2013, 04:41 PM

421 posts, read 898,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgeek View Post
+1 from me as well, I have lived here 4 months, and they have been absolutely the best 4 months of my life (so far)

Jonathan
I've been here a whole year now and I agree, happiest year of my life! Denise

Old 02-10-2013, 04:44 PM

117 posts, read 146,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
Yeah, don't pay any attention to the trolls and other malcontents whose sole pleasure in life seems to be posting derogatory information about Las Vegas. In fact, most C-D city boards have a few of these reprobates who love to post that they can't wait to leave or that they left and are so very happy that they got out. (But for some reason, instead of reveling in their new locale, they are so obsessed with their former city that they have to compose post after post telling everyone what an awful city they used to live in.)

I almost feel sorry for these poor, obsessed wretches.

Almost.
Thank you for the reassurance. I must admit, there are times when some of the posts I read make me want to forgo my escrow and stay put (from fear of break-ins --- I'm home ALL the time). Holding on to all the positive posts/thoughts!!

Old 02-10-2013, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverChicagoWeather View Post
Thank you for the reassurance. I must admit, there are times when some of the posts I read make me want to forgo my escrow and stay put (from fear of break-ins --- I'm home ALL the time). Holding on to all the positive posts/thoughts!!
Unlike the mafia run Chicago, you can own high powered assault rifles here. Although home invasions are quite common here, as long as you own a AK-47 or AR-15, you will be more than fine. I pity the fool who would try to break into my apartment when I am home.

Old 02-10-2013, 11:58 PM

haha, well, guess I will have to get over my extreme fear of guns first!! (and the Chicago Mafia was wayyyyyy before my time )

Old 02-11-2013, 12:14 AM

Quote:
haha, well, guess I will have to get over my extreme fear of guns first!! (and the Chicago Mafia was wayyyyyy before my time )
The mafia I was referring to is your current government, mainly your communist mayor by the name of Rahm Emanuel. As far as your extreme fears of guns, I would suggest moving elsewhere. You are already living in a gun free zone, so a state such as Nevada or Arizona just won't be your thing.

Old 02-11-2013, 12:25 AM

LoL --- sorry. Believe it or not, some ppl actually still say "Capone" when you say Chicago. Actually, I live in a far northern suburb (32 miles N), so he's not my mayor (except I do see him on the nightly news a lot).

Guess I should clarify that my fear of guns is more a fear of being shot ---- LoL, really old recurring dream.

Old 02-11-2013, 12:32 AM

Quote:

Guess I should clarify that my fear of guns is more a fear of being shot ---- LoL, really old recurring dream.
Don't get me wrong, I totally agree with you on that. I personally fear guns if someone were to attack me and I didn't have one!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas