Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2015, 01:38 PM

5,314 posts, read 7,817,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgeek View Post
I realize now, why i kept getting looks at the range, your supposed to put the bullets INTO the gun!
I have been tossing them in the air and hitting the bullets with the butt of my pistol (I got pretty good at it)

Jonathan
Yeah, it's weird. I put my shotgun on my front steps with 6 shells, left it their all day, and it did absolutely no harm to anyone. I think I might just have a lazy gun
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2015, 01:57 PM

10,864 posts, read 17,056,472 times
Why stop there? Why not leave your gun at a playground?

There's nothing I find more disappointing that bumper-sticker political slogans. Some of the worst offenders are gun owners. There's a huge subset that just aren't happy unless everyone is marching lockstep with them.

Old 08-26-2015, 02:23 PM

145 posts, read 148,176 times
The same could be said about anti gun people. As long as you like what they like, everyone can get along. I am far from a 'gun nut' as I've read a few times on this forum, but I also feel that as long as you can legally own a gun, you should have that option if you choose. If not, that's fine too. And if the person is new to owning a firearm, definitely, take some classes/training. It can and will benefit everyone.

I'm soon to be 35 years old and originally from rural Minnesota. Hunting, target shooting, trap/skeet shooting, etc. was part of growing up. I learned to respect firearms at a young age. They were always in a gun cabinet and I never played with them or went in there when not supervised. Yes, unfortunately it does happen though. I got my hunter safety certificate when I was 12 and myself and the other boys and girls felt a sense of accomplishment. Not everyone in my grade took the class, and we didn't think any different of them. It was their choice.

On the leaving a gun on the playground, if my friends and I would have found one when we were kids. We wouldn't have touched it and told someone immediately. That's just how we were raised.

If someone is hurt or killed in a car accident by a drunk driver, everyone blames the driver, not the car. If someone is murdered, of course it's the fault of the firearm, not the person.

I'm sure there will be plenty of arguing or backlash from this post and that's not why I'm posting it. I'd rather teach a non gun owner or someone that is new to the sport about what should and shouldn't be done. I have taken many non owners and people who are totally against firearms out target shooting for their first time. Give them instruction and safety rules and answer any questions they may have. Some love it, some don't...but they had an open mind to at least try. Some took formal training and are now owners of multiple guns along with some heirloom quality pieces that they are planning on passing down.

Old 08-26-2015, 02:25 PM

850 posts, read 1,030,277 times
FB617, if you haven't shot many guns, I'd suggest going to a shooting range and renting some guns to try out first. Ask if the range (usually part of a gun shop) will deduct the range and rental fee from a gun purchase. Different guns fit different hands...

And while 22 ammo is tough to find or $$$, 22 long rifle is the best starter caliber for a new shooter.

I stopped going to the Cashman gun shows years ago - just not worth it for me. (I do go to ShotShow.com every year though. <bragging>)

You'll find a larger local shooting forum at:
http://www.nevadashooters.com/

Old 08-26-2015, 02:27 PM

When I was an FFL holder back in MN, I always wanted to come out to shot show. Never made it unfortunately. I'm jealous. Lol

Old 08-26-2015, 02:32 PM

204 posts, read 320,742 times
If you want a good gun shop that has good prices and a large selection go to Ventura Munitions. Bud's has good prices too. I haven't seen super great deals at any of the gun shows here, but I'm sure there are some that can be had. There is a guy that has a business out of his house in Henderson called Dead on Arms. He has to order what you want. It takes two days for him to get it in stock, but he has to be the cheapest place in town.

Old 08-26-2015, 02:36 PM

Aim surplus can have some excellent deals online also. I've purchased lots of ammo through them over the years. You never know what kind of collector guns they get in either. Great company to deal with.

Old 08-26-2015, 03:30 PM

17 posts, read 14,980 times
Thank you all, checking out all of these places!

Old 08-26-2015, 03:49 PM

17 posts, read 14,980 times
Does anyone know which Walmart sells guns near the southwest? Looks like there might be some deals there on the AR-15 style.

Old 08-26-2015, 03:56 PM

15,897 posts, read 14,592,202 times
You're better off checking those out at the gun show, where you'll see every make and model of those, from a hundred different dealers, than at WM, where they have 1-3 in the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromBoston617 View Post
Does anyone know which Walmart sells guns near the southwest? Looks like there might be some deals there on the AR-15 style.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas