Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2010, 09:05 AM

9,741 posts, read 11,161,033 times

Advertisements

Tony is like the Fourth Estate (Fourth Estate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia). He keeps the RE salespeople in check. It's an art to smell electronic Bull. Tony has a nose for it.

If Tony wasn't around, you would have all assumed that VEgas RE prices were going to go up over the past year.

Plus, I canceled cable TV. Their sparing is now my only form of entertainment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2010, 11:31 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,280,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony soprano View Post
The last two instances of multi-page debates were initiated by Cappy engaging with me. That's easily verified by scrolling back to the very first post that initiated this line of debate.

Further, I have some advice for everyone involved - if you don't care for my input, put me on ignore. Kind of like changing the radio station when you don't care for the music, instead of complaining. Pretty simple stuff.

I'll even help - http://www.city-data.com/forum/faq/7...e-how-use.html

Theres been stuff in the news about how 10% of all mortgages are going into foreclosure across the nation. I'm sure that means Las Vegas has a LOOOOOOONG way to go as well.

By the way, how did that hope and change deal go for all of you?

Old 09-06-2010, 07:53 AM

968 posts, read 2,062,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post

Good.

Old 09-06-2010, 10:31 AM

3,598 posts, read 4,948,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
It's going great, thanks for asking. We're finally leaving a pointless/expensive war in Iraq, fazing out of Afghanistan in 2011, got a couple of new ladies in the Supreme Court, lifted the idiotic ban on embryonic stem cell research, passed substantial healthcare/insurance legislation (albeit watered-down a lot), froze the pay of top white house staff, stepped-up fuel efficiency standards starting in 2011, CUT taxes on middle class, got an executive order to ban torture, stimulated the economy enough to overcome the freefall of the market in late '08 during the Bush administration,

There's more:
VIDEO- Rachel Maddow Show: President Obama’s accomplishments | The Political Carnival

And that's in just the 1st year.

Yeah, there's plenty of hope and change. It's just not to your liking.

Old 09-06-2010, 11:02 AM

208 posts, read 350,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logline View Post
It's going great, thanks for asking. We're finally leaving a pointless/expensive war in Iraq, fazing out of Afghanistan in 2011, got a couple of new ladies in the Supreme Court, lifted the idiotic ban on embryonic stem cell research, passed substantial healthcare/insurance legislation (albeit watered-down a lot), froze the pay of top white house staff, stepped-up fuel efficiency standards starting in 2011, CUT taxes on middle class, got an executive order to ban torture, stimulated the economy enough to overcome the freefall of the market in late '08 during the Bush administration,

There's more:
VIDEO- Rachel Maddow Show: President Obama’s accomplishments | The Political Carnival

Im with ya except for this one...sometimes a little torture is in order.

And on a similar but different note, I hope someone who lost their family in the 911 attack straps on a bomb and pays Allah a visit in that new mosque being built in NYC.

...enough venom for one day... back to the bathroom remodeling project I started in July, and promised I'd finish before the kids started school (tomorrow of course)

Old 09-06-2010, 12:15 PM

815 posts, read 2,052,266 times
sometimes a little torture is in order

Never. If they torture you, you will admit to anything. Would you agree to have your son tortured if it was found that the girl he was dating was a terrorist? How about your daughter?

Old 09-06-2010, 01:08 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,593,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiKate View Post
You may be right about misreading people's appetite for the sparring. If I'm the only one finding it's tiresome, I can always skip past your posts. But since I'm actively searching for a home in LV, it's a thread I read often and have found your updates to be helpful, so it would be my loss.
My personal opinion is let them spar if they want. The great thing is that if it annoys you, you can avoid the thread, put posters on ignore, or even skim through to find what you want. I guess it's my Libertarian perspective coming out but I dislike when people come into a thread and demand it be censored.

mod interpose: We are going to try to redirect this conversation. Please keep the discussion DIRECTLY relevant to the Las Vegas market. If tangents are started pertaining to the national level (yes, I realize Las Vegas is part the "national level," however, this IS the Las Vegas forum) they may be removed. If anybody wishes to debate national politics, please move the conversation to our dedicated P&OC forum here at City-Data Forums. Thanks. --'r

Last edited by scirocco22; 09-06-2010 at 01:37 PM..

Old 09-06-2010, 11:06 PM

7,112 posts, read 13,156,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyra33 View Post
My personal opinion is let them spar if they want. The great thing is that if it annoys you, you can avoid the thread, put posters on ignore, or even skim through to find what you want. I guess it's my Libertarian perspective coming out but I dislike when people come into a thread and demand it be censored.

mod interpose: We are going to try to redirect this conversation. Please keep the discussion DIRECTLY relevant to the Las Vegas market. If tangents are started pertaining to the national level (yes, I realize Las Vegas is part the "national level," however, this IS the Las Vegas forum) they may be removed. If anybody wishes to debate national politics, please move the conversation to our dedicated P&OC forum here at City-Data Forums. Thanks. --'r
Oh yeah, I almost forgot that we could do that on here.

Old 09-06-2010, 11:51 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,241,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logline View Post

There's more:

Old 09-11-2010, 02:28 PM

2,724 posts, read 4,763,638 times
The rich picked the place over and since the tax credits expired home sales have predictably slowed.
GLVAR reports August sales down 4.4% from July and 12.7% from the year prior.
The HUD Secretary has stated publicly that there are no plans to create another tax credit.

The time to buy is still another 6-9 months away, be patient, save money, pay off your debts. When you finally decide to purchase shop exclusively in neighborhoods that have NOT been hard hit lest you end up with HUD tenants for neighbors. Keep an eye on interest rates, when they begin to inch up prices will invariably slide further. Don't allow yourself to be manipulated by industry people, they're only interested in one thing! Those who were convinced that the only way to score a home was to pay OVER market value, they're underwater now and will remain so for some time. No new jobs on the horizon, best bet for Vegas is to court the retiree but poor healthcare will make that a hard sale.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas