Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2010, 08:33 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,507,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony soprano View Post
Sorry Cappy, your record speaks for itself. Otherwise, you wouldn't get four different people in less than a 24 hours time span commenting on your bad calls.
Hey...wait a minute. You've included one of my posts as those four. My post was not intended to fuel any beef you have with olecapt, but rather a statement on how far off we all were in thinking how the Las Vegas housing market would perform in 2010. I was as wrong as olecapt in that 2009 year-end prediction...and never took it to be any real estate advice, but rather a fun thing to do.

Potential buyers should use information from many sources, including both olecapt and you. The ultimate decision to buy or sell...or walk away or foreclose...rests with each individual involved in the RE transaction.

Olecapt...our predictions were way off for the LV market...but not as wrong as Airics!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2010, 08:48 PM

1,631 posts, read 3,952,856 times
Here is a recent article from the RJ on the foreclosures in and around Vegas.
And how the foreclosures could put more pressure on prices going down.As well as an analyst projects it will take at least three years before prices will start to go up and stay up, but nothing like prices seen in 2007. However I agree with another analyst that was quoted in this article in the RJ that Vegas housing and economy will not turn around until the rest of the US turns arounds and that means jobs and job security.
Nevada leads nation in foreclosures

Old 08-29-2010, 09:07 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,215,465 times
Default is c

Quote:
Actually, you appear to have a reading problem as I never mentioned price. More than anything a realtor needs transactions to occur to make their commission. The last thing a realtor needs is for potential buyers to delay a buying decision because they think prices may go lower or that there is a housing bubble. When buyers take a wait and see attitude, the volume dries up.
Actually your entire argument is based on price. Don't be a complete liar.

How stupid. The volume had dried up. So the RE Agent wants nothing more than a berserk sale of homes. How else to make a living. Seems straightforward. Why do you have such a problem following it? The lender suicide was the best thing the RE Agent could have gotten

Quote:
Not too coincidentally, in the LVRJ forum 2006 you were spouting that there was no housing bubble in Vegas.
That there was no bubble burst in 2006...and there was none. Nor in 2007. My findings are not eternal.

Quote:
And in this forum in 2008 that prices had bottomed and would likely turn up soon.I'm glad we agree that it's fair to point it out. I feel a lot better now. It so pains you that you completely missed the housing crash, that you're compelled to label it "the lender suicide" and attribute it to a tinfoil hat theory of market manipulation. "I didn't miss the housing crash, I missed the lender suicide!"
Just call it what it is...that you are unable to accept the obvious deals with your short comings not mine.

Quote:
As far as the Q2 call - pardon me if I'm not terribly impressed, as you were calling the bottom at least as far back as 2008. Your forecasting methodology seems to be based on the philosophy of "guess early and guess often, I have to get it right sooner or later."Well, here's something that we can actually agree on. Anyone basing a buying decision based on your forecasting ability would have to be irrational.
More garbage. The Q2 call is clear and separate. Read it again. It ain't a close call. And had nothing to do with 2008. And examine the language. The call in 2Q is quite clear. There is no such call in 2008. More hope at that point.

You continue your hate campaign. It does not fly.

Old 08-29-2010, 09:08 PM

Quote:
If this isn't a clear display of how little you understand the inventory issue, I don' know what is. In one paragraph you say- And in the very next paragraph you say-Brilliant
There is more than one kind of inventory Tony...they never told you that?

And none fits the stupid argument.

Old 08-29-2010, 09:26 PM

2,724 posts, read 4,765,085 times
Default First comes denial... then acceptance

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 license to sell View Post
However I agree with another analyst that was quoted in this article in the RJ that Vegas housing and economy will not turn around until the rest of the US turns arounds and that means jobs and job security.
Appreciate your candidness double-o, this is exactly the point that I tried to hammer home a year ago.

Old 08-29-2010, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eventusstultorummagister View Post
Appreciate your candidness double-o, this is exactly the point that I tried to hammer home a year ago.
With respect to housing the situation is virtually identical to what it was a year ago.

So your view is we sit in the doldrums until hell freezes over?

Old 08-29-2010, 09:43 PM

1,347 posts, read 2,449,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Actually your entire argument is based on price. Don't be a complete liar.

How stupid. The volume had dried up. So the RE Agent wants nothing more than a berserk sale of homes. How else to make a living. Seems straightforward. Why do you have such a problem following it? The lender suicide was the best thing the RE Agent could have gotten
No, my argument is that anytime someone suggested a cautious stance on housing, you pronounced them wrong - about the bubble in 2006 and that housing had further to fall in 2008. You were the one that was wrong. Horribly wrong. When buyer's exercise caution and delay their decisions, which in this case would have been very prudent, the sales volume drops.
Quote:
That there was no bubble burst in 2006...and there was none. Nor in 2007. My findings are not eternal.
More reading comprehension issues, I said bubble. You said there was none. Your findings were, and are, delusional.
Quote:
Just call it what it is...that you are unable to accept the obvious deals with your short comings not mine.
I call it what most every other sensible person calls it; housing crash, bubble burst, etc. You are alone in your labeling with the lender suicide and market manipulation nonsense.
Quote:
More garbage. The Q2 call is clear and separate. Read it again. It ain't a close call. And had nothing to do with 2008. And examine the language. The call in 2Q is quite clear. There is no such call in 2008. More hope at that point.
Your Q2 "call" was one of a long string of calls that prices were stabilizing, it looks like the bottom is here, it will take little to start a price increase, REOs are running out and prices will go up, yada, yada, yada. Guess early. Guess oftern. Sooner or later you'll get it.
Quote:
You continue your hate campaign. It does not fly.
No hate at all. Just setting the record straight and giving fair warning to others. But you just keep up your ranting

Last edited by tony soprano; 08-29-2010 at 10:18 PM..

Old 08-29-2010, 09:48 PM

1,347 posts, read 2,449,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
There is more than one kind of inventory Tony...they never told you that?

And none fits the stupid argument.
Your first paragraph references "lender owned homes". Your second paragraph references REOs. Please explain to us the differences when you first state that lenders controlled very little inventory, and then a paragraph later state that banks controlled 90% of the sales. You are completely lost.

Old 08-29-2010, 11:00 PM

12,908 posts, read 28,004,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post

Olecapt...our predictions were way off for the LV market...but not as wrong as Airics!
and what prediction was that considering that i was heeding the advice of the almighty on this board! hey at least i didnt tell everyone to buy buy buy... like some still advertise on this board...

Old 08-30-2010, 06:18 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,507,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
and what prediction was that considering that i was heeding the advice of the almighty on this board! hey at least i didnt tell everyone to buy buy buy... like some still advertise on this board...
http://www.city-data.com/forum/15655466-post2837.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas