Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2010, 09:33 PM

1,347 posts, read 2,449,050 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
As I said you would not produce...and you did not. You have at least sufficient residual smarts that you would never allow anyone to see what a mess you made.

Actually that home is most interesting. But you would not understand any of that. It requires some understanding of the market...not your thingt.

May well be a fun battle.
More accurately, I had the good sense to ignore your incessant cheerleading that the market had bottomed. Talk about a mess, Anyone that had the misfortune of listening to you is in a heap of mess.

BTW, as a realtor, that must sting a little that you can't even get a listing on a foreclosure a few doors down from you. I guess they wanted to list with someone that had some understanding of the market.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2010, 09:34 PM

13,044 posts, read 13,872,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaslocal55 View Post
tony, i'd like to hear where you think housing prices are headed? How much up/down? When? Thanks. And thank you olecapt for sticking your neck out and letting us know what you think & also giving us up to date info.
^^^ +1 ^^^

Old 11-09-2010, 12:45 AM

2,724 posts, read 4,765,085 times
I came to this thread seeking facts only to discover that the last several pages are filled with little more than pretentiousness, pomposity, social hypocrisy, hollow ostentatiousness and last but certainly not least... collective denial.

Truthseekers UNITE!!!

Old 11-09-2010, 09:39 AM

15,756 posts, read 38,212,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony soprano View Post
More accurately, I had the good sense to ignore your incessant cheerleading that the market had bottomed. Talk about a mess, Anyone that had the misfortune of listening to you is in a heap of mess.

BTW, as a realtor, that must sting a little that you can't even get a listing on a foreclosure a few doors down from you. I guess they wanted to list with someone that had some understanding of the market.
Continuing to duck? Don't want to show how badly you did? Thought so.

I don't do foreclosures and if I did I would avoid that one. A disaster waiting to trip some poor soul. You would know that if you knew anything about RE.

Old 11-09-2010, 10:14 AM

351 posts, read 837,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaslocal55 View Post
Tony, I'd like to hear where you think housing prices are headed? How much up/down? When? Thanks. And thank you Olecapt for sticking your neck out and letting us know what you think & also giving us up to date info.
Why don't you answer my questions, Tony? I guess because the only input we ever have from you is AFTER the fact. Hello?

Old 11-09-2010, 10:15 AM

285 posts, read 785,419 times
For a YOY comparison, I bought in the Peseos in Summerlin last September for $124/foot with pool/spa. A neighboring house exactly like mine without a pool/spa just closed last month for $117/foot. Both were foreclosures. Is the pool/spa worth any value or have I taken a $25K hit over the last year?

Old 11-09-2010, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Continuing to duck? Don't want to show how badly you did? Thought so.
No matter how poorly you've deluded yourself in believing I did, it couldn't possibly be as bad as had I followed one of your numerous failed bottom calls. Bless the poor souls that may have listened to you.
Quote:
I don't do foreclosures and if I did I would avoid that one. A disaster waiting to trip some poor soul. You would know that if you knew anything about RE.
Don't do foreclosures? Let's be real - given your prolonged dearth of listings it's not clear you do much of anything.

I hope that albatross in your cul de sac doesn't further depress values in your neighborhood. You weren't planning on selling anytime soon were you?

Old 11-09-2010, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dano View Post
For a YOY comparison, I bought in the Peseos in Summerlin last September for $124/foot with pool/spa. A neighboring house exactly like mine without a pool/spa just closed last month for $117/foot. Both were foreclosures. Is the pool/spa worth any value or have I taken a $25K hit over the last year?
$15 or $20 psf. I will send you a chart of what it looks like in Paseo if you DM me an email address.

Old 11-09-2010, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony soprano View Post
No matter how poorly you've deluded yourself in believing I did, it couldn't possibly be as bad as had I followed one of your numerous failed bottom calls. Bless the poor souls that may have listened to you. Don't do foreclosures? Let's be real - given your prolonged dearth of listings it's not clear you do much of anything.

I hope that albatross in your cul de sac doesn't further depress values in your neighborhood. You weren't planning on selling anytime soon were you?
Hey you really are clever. You just noticed. We have not advertised or pushed on the listing side since 2006. If you knew anything about RE you could even understand why that was the right thing to do. Hang on though we have started listings back up...

The albatross was a known problem when we bought and will be a known problem when we sell. 16 years ago it was the subject of a full scale police raid with helicopters and the swat team...And that was likely its best time.

So hang on it might even get better this turnover...or it might sit there a couple of years. Either would be useful to the cul de sac. To bad you don't understand this stuff...it is interesting.

Ohh and to this who actually follow the market the chart on the blog will get updated this afternoon and you can see what is happening. May even be seasonal as it looks very similar to last fall except we don't have the REOs offseting the drop in the shorts and classics.

Old 11-09-2010, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Hey you really are clever. You just noticed. We have not advertised or pushed on the listing side since 2006. If you knew anything about RE you could even understand why that was the right thing to do. Hang on though we have started listings back up...
Oh, I noticed years ago. It just wasn't terribly important to me how little business you do. Well, you can't advertise what you don't have. That's easy enough to understand. Although, I suspect the condo that has been included in your listings for a year and a half without an address is probably fictional.
Quote:
The albatross was a known problem when we bought and will be a known problem when we sell. 16 years ago it was the subject of a full scale police raid with helicopters and the swat team...And that was likely its best time.

So hang on it might even get better this turnover...or it might sit there a couple of years. Either would be useful to the cul de sac. To bad you don't understand this stuff...it is interesting.
Yeah, I'm sure a vacant home sitting there for a couple of years will be very useful to the neighborhood. Maybe the local kids can use it as a safehouse?
Quote:
Ohh and to this who actually follow the market the chart on the blog will get updated this afternoon and you can see what is happening. May even be seasonal as it looks very similar to last fall except we don't have the REOs offseting the drop in the shorts and classics.
Something's got to give? It should be interesting?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas