Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2018, 09:55 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,998,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulwara Road View Post
We moved recently from Las Vegas back to Australia and were amazed as to how quickly our house rented out.

Our agent suggested we could get $2500 a month, which I thought was ambitious.

One week on the market we had a number of very good applicants to chose from at the price the agent suggested.

I think there aren’t a lot of nice houses in nice areas available (our place in in Desert Shores) for rent at present.
It’s the same selling.... buyer has to move very fast

In February, we decided to move - bought fixer upper in Florida - our goal was Florida by July
April spoke to realtor about listing (Berkshire). Said house worth 330ish. A week later started putting down the house...down to 310
We did not use her

Went to this board for advice
We were recommended to try Redfin

Beginning of May - house in Florida ready

Met Redfin- liked them very much

Listing went live on May 26. Asking 384,
Today, May 28, went to pending status, sold at list price

I’m happy so far

Redfin only charges 1.5%. Buyers agent 2.5%
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2018, 07:39 AM

2,457 posts, read 4,724,207 times
Figure out the area you want to live in and max price range. Then use a realtor. A good one will call property management first to see if any rental background checks are in process for the units you are interested in. Be ready to act quick. I just had a townhouse for rent last month. Seven people viewed it in a span of a half an hour. Three of them put in rental apps that night.

Old 05-29-2018, 06:30 PM

1,187 posts, read 1,329,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post

In February, we decided to move - bought fixer upper in Florida - our goal was Florida by July
April spoke to realtor about listing (Berkshire). Said house worth 330ish. A week later started putting down the house...down to 310
We did not use her

I’m happy so far

What area are you in? How many sq ft etc is your house?

BTW, that's a lot of dough you made by not going with the 1st agent. Congrats!

Old 05-29-2018, 07:00 PM

Just outside Aliante

2478sf

The pool, fruit trees, and travertine created the wow factor

Now hopefully the appraisal is on the mark

If you have a decent house, there’s absolutely no reason to pay 6% to the realtor

Last edited by airics; 05-29-2018 at 07:15 PM..

Old 05-29-2018, 07:42 PM

2,928 posts, read 3,552,974 times
As long as MLS is the main source that populates listings to sites like trulia and redfin, the syndicate has the market cornered.

Old 05-29-2018, 08:03 PM

2,928 posts, read 3,552,974 times
I am noticing a trend that landlords are increasing their rental prices for a recently remodeled property. They'll put $10-15k on new floors/paint/cabinets/counter tops and list the property for an extra $300/month and they are getting it.

Old 05-29-2018, 09:39 PM

122 posts, read 123,846 times
Quote:
Just outside Aliante

2478sf

The pool, fruit trees, and travertine created the wow factor

Now hopefully the appraisal is on the mark

If you have a decent house, there’s absolutely no reason to pay 6% to the realtor
How exactly does Redfin work?

We will sell in the next 18-24 months, and I loathe paying agents 6% for doing either SFA or a poor job.

Old 05-29-2018, 11:22 PM

Redfin takes 1.5% (minimum 4500). You can tell them what the buyers agent gets (we went with 2.5%). When they came over, they prepared a presentation. Before they toured my house, they estimated 370, then we “wowed” them with the house

Photographer took every angle of the house. 55 pictures to mls. We had the house 3d imaged also with Matterhorn. House was sold before we saw the results of that

In a hot market, I would use Redfin, in a cold market not so sure

I think now is the time to sell, next year will not be as good

Old 05-30-2018, 02:11 AM

927 posts, read 883,864 times
Quote:
Redfin takes 1.5% (minimum 4500). You can tell them what the buyers agent gets (we went with 2.5%). When they came over, they prepared a presentation. Before they toured my house, they estimated 370, then we “wowed” them with the house

Photographer took every angle of the house. 55 pictures to mls. We had the house 3d imaged also with Matterhorn. House was sold before we saw the results of that

In a hot market, I would use Redfin, in a cold market not so sure

I think now is the time to sell, next year will not be as good
Nicely done. I wouldn't pay 6% either in a market where all you need is a fair price and pictures. There are realtors other than Redfin who won't charge 3%.

I don't know if I should sell or rent out my old home, considering the market has gone up ~15% each year the past 5 years. I know to avoid capital gains you have to have lived in it for 2 of the last 5 years, so I can't rent it out for more than 3 years.

Old 05-30-2018, 03:57 AM

496 posts, read 365,876 times
Quote:

We did not use her

I’m happy so far

The real estate troll on this site wanted to list your place at $310? And you sold in one day for $384? Good decision.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: