Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2023, 06:38 AM

1,086 posts, read 746,942 times

Advertisements

Drivers are HORRIBLE in Las Vegas and theft is high. We pause when the light turns green and we don't stop when the light turns yellow! I have also heard that the way personal injury laws work in Nevada the insurance companies have more exposure - hence all the attorney billboards.

For insurance contact a broker. We ended up with a small, but highly rated company, for just over half of what USAA was when we first moved. I don't recall exactly but I want to say USAA almost doubled when we moved to Vegas. Was INSANE!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2023, 04:31 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,340,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by esas View Post
Since you're now accepting that crime is a problem near 95/Cheyenne....here's a new article on drivers for your insurance concerns:

https://963kklz.com/listicle/las-veg...s-to-drive-in/
I drove all around yesterday. First time Ive gotten to do it since I was here last in 2013. From what I saw and from what I heard talking to locals at Gas stations, restaurants and other places of business, crime is a problem EVERYWHERE here. Henderson, Summerlin, even up in the newer and nicer areas like Centennial Hills and Skye Canyon. Thats failed Democratic leadership for you. Hopefully Lombardo can start getting things turned around here.

Old 01-19-2023, 06:58 PM

400 posts, read 564,244 times
Go out to Summerlin, West of 215 and ask how crime is…I suspect you weren’t in the right part of town.

Old 01-19-2023, 08:10 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,340,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by esas View Post
Go out to Summerlin, West of 215 and ask how crime is…I suspect you weren’t in the right part of town.
Summerlin West? Thats a tiny little area lol. 89138 is a bunch of nothing. Like only 10% of that area are homes, why would any criminals go there? Way to cherry pick. There is still crime even there by the way. I have a friend who lives below that area and gets notifications from the Neighbors app. A couple break ins and a video from Ring of 3 guys checking cars to see if they were locked at like 1am just a few nights ago. There is crime everywhere here. Henderson is statistically the safest area, I believe it was recently ranked 2nd safest large city in the US.

Old 01-19-2023, 08:47 PM

400 posts, read 564,244 times
I give up, you win, enjoy 95/Cheyenne!

Old 01-22-2023, 11:23 AM

1,941 posts, read 826,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easymuny View Post
Then you must be ecstatic that your home value quadrupled

Taxes pay for the services that allow homes to appreciate
I so enjoy paying $3,000 more in taxes than my next door neighbor for homes that are identical.

Old 01-25-2023, 01:29 PM

1 posts, read 787 times
I did a quote on my car insurance, and it's about the same as I pay in Oregon. With that said, I did specifically compare it with Henderson, that could make a difference maybe? I also won't know my actual rate until I move there. I have a feeling it will be higher if I live closer to the Strip.

Old 01-28-2023, 09:24 AM

11,110 posts, read 9,819,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
Thats dumb. CA has FAR more accidents than Nevada, just from the sheer number of drivers here alone. There are at least 5 times as many drivers here as there are residents of the entire state of NV, makes no sense. My insurance jumped from $109 to $205 which is absurd. Where Im moving to in Vegas also has lower crime compared to the area Im in now, so that makes no sense either. In fact, Vegas makes the top 10 safest cities in the country list for its size.
Uh... are you serious?

Yes, there are more drivers in California than in Nevada. About 13x as many, in fact. But total drivers has absolutely nothing to do with insurance rates. Why would it? It's like saying that dental work should be vastly more expensive in Texas compared to Vermont because they have 45x as many people. That's not how it works, with either insurance or visits to the dentist.

California has lower liability levels mandated by law. That's the main driver of Nevada's comparatively higher insurance rates.

Last edited by Unsettomati; 01-28-2023 at 09:55 AM.. Reason: sp.

Old 03-04-2023, 06:38 PM

1,410 posts, read 3,320,560 times
You can be fined if you don't get your car registered here within a short time of moving.

Definately check around with insurance companies. They vary greatly. Progressive quoted $300 every 6 months higher than the one I had. Remember we have 24/7 drinking and driving. About once a month someone guilty of that above has created a fatal head on crash driving the wrong way on one of our expressways. Catalytic converters are prized takes in my neighborhood.

I have usually found State Farm to be good for me.

Old 03-20-2023, 12:36 PM

5 posts, read 2,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
I've since moved to Florida. Got rid of the Kia Soul. I have a 22 Toyota Highlander Hybrid, 22 Toyota Prius Hybrid, and a 2007 Honda Element..... Cost for Plates in Nevada $1900 a year for the 3 vehicles... Cost in Florida (for 2 YEARS). Total $210.00
Shoot, I'm registering my car in FL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: