Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 01:07 PM

3,201 posts, read 3,858,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rememberhisluv View Post
I am sure you have heard these stories over and over again, mine started Jan 08 when I lost my very 1st home in a foreclosure. It sold for $100.000 less that what I paid a year before a few months after it foreclosed. Gee maybe I could of afforded it then. I am in decorating sales (commission only), so once the economy hit hard so did my paycheck. I quickly moved to a rental home that was 1/2 of my mortgage payment but soon fell behind in payments. My large SUV payment also fell so behind and they were after me to retrieve that, I needed to do something quick. I found a attorney who would work with me on payment of his services - but $1500 was so much, how could anyone file Bk when your broke, I still owe him half but he did begin Bankruptcy proceedings. My tags on my SUV were due in March, I was advised by my attorney to drive my SUV for as long as possible, as I had put a voluntary surrender on it and I surly didn't have extra money to pay registration, especially if I lost my car at any moment I would not be getting any refund from the DMV and besides when you go in to pay late I just figured I would be paying some penalties if by some miracle I got to keep my SUV. As the eviction notice hit my door - I looked around and found that I had become quite depressed, and broke,losing everything I had worked so hard for, all those long work hours were for nothing, I just wanted out. The only way out ironically was for me to quit work to cash out my measly $4000 profit sharing just so I could get ahead and with that I had hopes of moving back to Las Vegas where I once lived a short 8 months in 2003. That $4000 didn't last after renting a truck and movers etc. I thought, this big city must have work for me and I can start back up at my job. My bankruptcy attorney back in California assured me I could attend my meeting with the creditors via phone with a notary of republic by my side. or I would of never left in the middle of it. That didn't go as planned, they denied me my phone attend ace stating I had no excuses viable enough to not be there, How about cash on hand or maybe gas prices! My attorney was nice enough to take off the $105 notary of republic I paid off my bill I owed him, so I have to return to California next week somehow, in the SUV they may take that is not registered yet.... The hotel I have been staying in is OK , my storage rent is expensive, My kids are depressed, they need a stable home, they want a house with a pool again and a hard working mom who makes good money. How can I get ahead if I keep getting beat down. I have always been work smart, how did I get into this mess. I guess I am writing you because of the so called peace officer, I mean Police officer who pulled me over to give me a $450 ticket for not having current registration just 4 days after arriving here in lovely Las Vegas. I knew they were due, I pleaded my case with him and told him my new court date for my bankruptcy was on June 1st just a week away and they may be taking my SUV when I get back to California, I showed him all my paper work for proof as will as my newly paid hotel room. I thought if I did get to keep my SUV which I have high hopes - a finance company came in at the last moment to offer to pay off and give me a high risk loan, if this went through - I was going 1st thing to get my registration and Nevada renewed, but there is a chance I will not be driving back with my SUV, I am guessing a rental - I am scared ... but instead I have to use my money to pay a TICKET! Not a fix it ticket or you have 30 days to get this registered in Nevada like they would of given me in Calif- no a $450 ticket!!!!! This is the same day I pawned my most loved LCD flat panel 42" bedroom TV for $400 was worth $1700 that money was went to paying another 4 days of hotel, gas and groceries for me and the kids. What is wrong with people now a days, have anyone any compassion - I am in no way a danger to anyone nor do I have any kind of record. I have always been a law abiding and payed my taxes. This whole generation has become greedy and self centered. This is one reason why the home crises has arose, GREED. Simply stated we are headed for destruction and I can see how a very normal hard working law abiding citizen like myself can be thrown to edge of survival instincts by being pushed to the edge. I just want to give up.
Why would you pay your taxes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2008, 03:33 PM

3,728 posts, read 9,475,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joebaldknobber View Post
Why would you pay your taxes?
hey joe, fyi...the original poster of this thread has long since been gone, hasn't posted since June....

Old 10-17-2008, 06:48 PM

1,725 posts, read 3,464,436 times
I had to read the entire tread and I too got lost. But what a perfect scenario of someone living on credit and not planning for the future. Sure hope it worked out for her somehow. I feel bad for folks that don't plan properly...and still not sure why???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas