Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 03:26 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,995,060 times

Advertisements

daddy - that says it all, my friend.... I love the area that i am in!

Old 09-29-2008, 03:57 PM

1,966 posts, read 4,342,083 times
Talking Troll alert, Troll alert

Quote:
Originally Posted by tm042567 View Post
About the rodeo and orchard - WHO CARES - maybe you don't but others do. Ever hear of homophobic people? Prejudiced people? Folks that don't want traffic due to fruit picking? Or the other folks that could care less? Ever hear of freedom of choice - First Amendment - so why is one not to do their homework and make a decision based on fact versus unknown? Did it not occur that if someone buys something for $500,000 and then finds out what they live next to, that could depreciate the value of land/home, they might just end up being a neighbor from hell? Disgruntled buyer? So....why not encourage people to do their research, figure it out before they buy so they aren't disappointed and losers happy in crime-ridden 89131 zip remains happy and isolated and in the unknown with visions of sugar plums dancing in their heads?

What is it? All this opposition because you people are afraid others will do research and figure out the truth before they buy? My whole point for posting anything - PREVENTATIVE MEASURES.

Due to the cost of living, did anyone care to speak of about 5 foreclosures - empty houses - on Deer Springs on Revital Court - oxymoron there. Buy amongst closed homes, predators and gun stores for $400,000? Sorry, but a buyer has every right to know about the area before they buy..even a foreclosure for a "good buy".

Did anyone care to inform people in 89130 and 89131 zip that on Lone Mountain and Jones = Gang territories? Nope...didn't think so. That's only about 5 miles away from the gun shop.

You folks living in a "perfect" neighborhood with your high school bed buddies? You haven't done one ounce of homework. Reality = what's out there...not your cheerleading, uneducated theories. Go pick your fruit and leave real research up to potential buyers - folks that seriously care - folks that are smart enough to check out this area or any other area before they buy.

Those of you fighting that thought, how much are you trying to hide in your zip code? Quit while you're ahead and I reveal more and more.
Yeah, I have heard of homophobic people, and you must be the biggest homophobe out there. I guess you never heard of Krave or Blue Moon, plenty of gay/lesbian clubs/resorts. Guess what pal, they're all over town not in 89131 so get off your high horse.

We did plenty of research before we bought, we found the area perfect for us especially since our house has a great view of Mt. Charleston. A great time is when the snow is on the mountain.

Well since you seem to know so much about the "crime". Give us specific crimes and in what areas of 89131 since you "know" so much. Lone Mountain and Jones=crime???? LMAO, yeah those criminals at Los Prados are really tearing up the news with their golf carts. LMAO!!!!

I think we have another RWF!!! Can we say TROLL!!

Run along little man. LMAO.

Old 09-29-2008, 04:03 PM

1,966 posts, read 4,342,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddys///M3 View Post
Although I agree with the premise of doing your homework about a particular neighborhood before moving into it, the points you use to back it up are weak. 89131 has been depreciating for the last 5 years? Are you serious? I bought out here in 2005 and between then and the beginning of 2006 I saw about $50,000 in appreciation (about 16% in a year) before the values started falling. Guess what? Values and prices are falling EVERYWHERE. The reason why 89131 is such a great buy is a) the large amount of foreclosures in this zip code due to speculators and people that couldn't really afford a home in the first place and b) 89131 is located at the far NW edge of town, so one settles for a longer commute to have more home and more yard for the same money.

As far as your loser kids and redneck comment goes, you are way off-base their and you either have an extreme bias against the area or you have an agenda against it. Not everyone can afford to live next to Celine (who would really want to anyway, honestly) and there are quite a few good, honest, hard working people in this area with great kids and our elementary schools are definitely in the upper tier regarding test scores. You can make your point without bashing everyone that lives in a certain zip code.

FWIW, very little of the 89131 zip code is semi-rural. Most of it is to the north of 215 and to the west of Jones, and most of it is fully developed suburb. I live two blocks west of the Gilcrease Orchard on Grand Teton, and around the corner from the bird sanctuary (not an ostrich farm). Zero issues with either spot. No extra noise, no extra traffic, no bug infestations. Your claims are unfounded. You thought that the bird sanctuary was an ostrich farm, I would say that speaks volumes about what you know and what you think you know about 89131.
Daddys,

This is the same loser who thinks that gangs are at the corner of Lone Mountain/Jones. I guess they are all in the church or playing at Los Prados golf course. I'm so scared!!!! LMAO!!!

This guy is the biggest troll.

Old 09-29-2008, 04:16 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,946,467 times
Quote:
What is it? All this opposition because you people are afraid others will do research and figure out the truth before they buy? My whole point for posting anything - PREVENTATIVE MEASURES.
If your whole point was "preventative measures", I do not think you would be having arguments here. You continued on slamming people-calling them freaks-and the places they CHOSE to live.

Your point could have and was made in the initial post that said to do research on where you choose to move.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions about whether they like certain businesses being near where they live. If you are so passionate about this, to the point of yelling and calling names, it seems that energy would be much better spent at City Hall-not City-Data Forum. We don't give out the licenses to operate.

Thank you for the info, though, to do our research.

Old 09-29-2008, 04:53 PM

2,086 posts, read 6,848,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfinnova View Post
Daddys,

This is the same loser who thinks that gangs are at the corner of Lone Mountain/Jones. I guess they are all in the church or playing at Los Prados golf course. I'm so scared!!!! LMAO!!!

This guy is the biggest troll.
LOL. I actually researched the gang activity in the 89130 zip code just to see if the OP knew something that I didn't. It was a point that I did not feel the need to respond to, as it was beyond ridiculous.

Old 09-29-2008, 06:16 PM

2,404 posts, read 10,687,180 times
Quote:
About the rodeo and orchard - WHO CARES - maybe you don't but others do. Ever hear of homophobic people? Prejudiced people? Folks that don't want traffic due to fruit picking? Or the other folks that could care less? Ever hear of freedom of choice - First Amendment - so why is one not to do their homework and make a decision based on fact versus unknown? Did it not occur that if someone buys something for $500,000 and then finds out what they live next to, that could depreciate the value of land/home, they might just end up being a neighbor from hell? Disgruntled buyer? So....why not encourage people to do their research, figure it out before they buy so they aren't disappointed and losers happy in crime-ridden 89131 zip remains happy and isolated and in the unknown with visions of sugar plums dancing in their heads?

Due to the cost of living, did anyone care to speak of about 5 foreclosures - empty houses - on Deer Springs on Revital Court - oxymoron there. Buy amongst closed homes, predators and gun stores for $400,000? Sorry, but a buyer has every right to know about the area before they buy..even a foreclosure for a "good buy".

Did anyone care to inform people in 89130 and 89131 zip that on Lone Mountain and Jones = Gang territories? Nope...didn't think so. That's only about 5 miles away from the gun shop.

You folks living in a "perfect" neighborhood with your high school bed buddies? You haven't done one ounce of homework. Reality = what's out there...not your cheerleading, uneducated theories. Go pick your fruit and leave real research up to potential buyers - folks that seriously care - folks that are smart enough to check out this area or any other area before they buy.

Those of you fighting that thought, how much are you trying to hide in your zip code? Quit while you're ahead and I reveal more and more.
Los Prados is far from gang territory, it may have people involved in gangs living there, but I think it would be against the HOA...although crime can happen anywhere at anytime, i have never heard of that corner having any kind of bad incident...

traffic from fruitpicking? Gilcrease has reduced their size of the orchard so much and i don't think that would be the main cause of traffic in that area...

Old 09-29-2008, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Some folks wish to buy a house - get a bang for their buck - so one would have to ask, "What's wrong with 89131 zip code considering the values of homes have depreciated consistently for 5 years?" Henderson, Lake Las Vegas, and Summerlin have appreciated since prominent figures live there - Celene Dion, at one point Michael Jackson, professional athletes, Wayne Newton, and Kenny Rogers...BUT NOT ONE BOUGHT IN 89131 ZIP AS WELL AS JUDGES, ATTORNEYS, MANY DOCTORS...EVEN STEVE WYNN - HOTEL OWNER - LIVES IN HENDERSON. If 89131 were so great, safe, not redneck or prone to depreciate, why is it no one of importance lives there? What kind of good, prominent people live in 89131? None? Exactly. So if a family were prone to raise loser kids around loser kids that learn to spit tobacco in redneck-ville, 89131 is perfect. However, if one wishes to live uptown, decent standard of living, raising their children around decent children, then they might think otherwise....do their research - learn who their neighbors are going to be. Celene Dion or some old, idiot making guns in his backyard? Celene has the ways and means and celebrity title to at least appreciate land value, not depreciate it unlike a redneck, backyard gun man.

Before you boast too hard and too much about your little piece of land - do your homework and figure out where you really stand and how much money you have lost by buying into certain zip codes.
you really want to live near Michael Jackson?

i thought Steve Wynn lives in North Las Vegas...

Although Celine lives in Henderson, it is far from civilization and is actually much closer to the bad part of Henderson...anyways, her neighbors complain about her helicopter's noise and the traffic that her home brings...

Old 09-29-2008, 06:21 PM

Quote:
What if your gun peddler only reports 1/2 or 1/3 of guns sold in order to avoid paying the IRS? Then your pedophile, for extra bucks can and will get a gun - 1/2 to 2/3 of a chance. What about children buying guns in this shop without signed parental consent and/or parent present? That means firearms are traded and sold easier than you think they are. Look at the man - 77 - pay IRS correctly or report all monies earned honestly and lose his Social Security income?

You see, people aren't looking at the entire picture - only a tunnel-vision version. This is where things get murky and sticky. When an old man wants money who is out there to think about safety for the family, kids and homes? All of you scream - LET THE OLD MAN DO BUSINESS...Why? Because your children aren't dead yet? Or would you be a worthless jerk on the news screaming - HOW DID THE KIDS GET THE GUNS?????? when they are dead? I don't want to see that - I am giving people an opportunity to figure this out - and you freaks argue????? You argue about pre-statistics? How many people do you want dead before you stop it??? How many people do you want murdered with guns with no serial numbers from the aforementioned shop before you stop defending it? Sure...it's illegal....but NV is land of felons if you haven't figured that out...in fact the gun shop hires an ex-felon to fix pistols....but it's ok - he's in business since the 1960s.....

This is land of the lawless and one must plan accordingly or buy burial plots at the end of Mello Ave/Jones at Palm Mortuary and don't show your face on my news begging for self-pity since I have forewarned folks.
its good that an ex-felon has found a job, it is really hard for one to find one...

by the way, i think you're the only one with tunnel vision

Old 09-29-2008, 07:50 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,113,750 times
I personally think that TMwhatever LOVES the look of his own words

Old 09-29-2008, 07:57 PM

10 posts, read 33,384 times
I like to watch cops, and mostly every episode i see is in las vegas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas