Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2012, 07:54 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,296,361 times

Advertisements

I just sold my Sega Genesis and Sonic 1, 2, and Spinball on ebay!

Old 12-04-2012, 08:25 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,580,240 times
That was $29.99? I would LOVE to have one of those

Old 12-04-2012, 09:04 PM

7,112 posts, read 13,159,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
That was $29.99? I would LOVE to have one of those
Yep, at Smiths. Who would have thought at a grocery store of all places?

Sent from cell...

Old 12-04-2012, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
I just sold my Sega Genesis and Sonic 1, 2, and Spinball on ebay!
I used to get spankings behind Spinball, but it was worth it.

Sent from cell...

Old 12-04-2012, 10:47 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,580,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by von949 View Post
Yep, at Smiths. Who would have thought at a grocery store of all places?

Sent from cell...
I could tell it was Smith's by the graphics of the price tag

Publix is selling some kids toys like that as well, but nothing that cool. Smith's sells some pretty cool stuff, easily the best mainstream grocery store in Las Vegas. I was an idiot though, one time I went to the one on Durango and Elkhorn and spent $16 on a cheese grater

My best friend in elementary school had a Sega Genesis and loved playing Sonic on it, I remember him turning on the console and the first thing you hear is "SE-GA!"

I was always a Nintendo kid growing up though. I had the 1980s NES, the early 90s SNES, and the mid-late 90s N64. Mario Kart 64 has to be my all time favorite video game

Now if they sold something like that with a bunch of Super Nintendo games that would be pretty cool, I would pay whatever price they wanted for it

Are you into retro gaming at all von?

Old 12-05-2012, 04:59 AM

208 posts, read 350,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
A couple of people below were talking about "bucket lists". I've pretty much completed all of mine, except I never became fluent in three languages and my young adult son still needs some guidance. It's a good thing that I've accomplished or experienced most of the list since people in my family do not live long. We definitely did not get the longevity gene.

What's your bucket list, and how do you balance your current existence with saving for your future?
I think so much of balancing now with saving for your future has so much to do with how much money you make and what type of career and retirement you have. For me and my financial situation Ive decided Im going to have to work (at least part time for health care) until Im 65. So that really puts me (and a lot of ppl on iffy ground) who knows if I'll see 65? who knows what kind of health Ill be in if im still alive, I might have 20 good healthy years left...or I could be strapped to an oxygen tank or dead well before that. So Im putting away money for the future...but im not going to skip having fun and doing the things I like now just for the sake of having more money if/when I retire. Ill have enough to live, see some things on the bucket list etc...but I wont be going to europe or africa like i would like...but thats ok because life takes place right here and now, every day, so you better enjoy it!

Only big thing on my bucket list is id love to take a cpl years during retirement and see as many of the national parks as I can. Buy or rent and RV and just travel at my own pace for a couple summers...if you like a place stay for a cpl weeks, if its not you're thing or the weather stinks...move on.

Old 12-05-2012, 07:39 AM

23,223 posts, read 29,051,044 times
My bucket is pretty empty, as I went thru life scared to death I wouldn't live long enough to see a good part of the world, so I did it when I had the time and money. Evey foreign trip I'd take I'd think: Well, this may be the last one! I may die in a car accident before the next one!

I subscribe to Conde Nast, Afar, Travel & Leisure, and I really can't get worked up anymore about any place worth exerting the effort to get there. A 2nd trip to Nepal would be nice, but this time I'd need some very strong sleep medicine to get me through the 21 hours of flying one way!

I skipped Colombia on my South America trips, and occasionally, I get this urge to get on a plane and hightail it to Medellin, if for one reason, is to see all the outdoor Botero sculptures around that city!

Being I can no longer tolerate somewhere in the world with high heat and humidity, that also rules out a good part of the world. SE Asia, would love to see it, but I'd be miserable the whole time there!

Old 12-05-2012, 08:01 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,296,361 times
I don't believe in the idea of a bucket list. It's dumb IMO

Old 12-05-2012, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
Are you into retro gaming at all von?
I used to be. I started with the NES and owned everything in between up to the PS2. That's about the time I lost interest. Pretty much around the time I was stationed in Italy. Either I was going to get the PS3 or start traveling more.

I chose to travel and have not owned a game system since.

Couldn't pass up on a $30 preloaded Genesis though.

Sent from cell...

Old 12-05-2012, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
I don't believe in the idea of a bucket list. It's dumb IMO
Or just a list of things you want to do before its too late...bad health, too old, dead, doesn't exist anymore.

My list is empty. Nothing I plan on doing but buying a nice rocking chair and recap on the memories.

Sent from cell...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas