Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2012, 12:32 AM

2,724 posts, read 4,765,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by von949 View Post
Never settle. Apply this rule to your education, income, women and life.
Totally disagree!

The FIRST rule is to eliminate ALL desire.

EXAMPLE:
If you're out with a girl and even THINKING about getting laid, you're finished, cuz women can smell an agenda like doodoo on a shoe.

So... What he should actually be looking for is a woman with low standards.

Deduce the truth!

Old 09-06-2012, 07:55 AM

7,112 posts, read 13,161,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eventusstultorummagister View Post
Totally disagree!

The FIRST rule is to eliminate ALL desire.

EXAMPLE:
If you're out with a girl and even THINKING about getting laid, you're finished, cuz women can smell an agenda like doodoo on a shoe.

So... What he should actually be looking for is a woman with low standards.

Deduce the truth!
Yeah that works too. I was thinking more along the lines of dating till you find the one for you. Once you find the one, the both of you help improve each others lives. Win win situation.

Old 09-06-2012, 08:09 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,299,652 times
Quote:
Yeah that works too. I was thinking more along the lines of dating till you find the one for you. Once you find the one, the both of you help improve each others lives. Win win situation.

To bad "the one" doesn't really exist. There is more than one person out there. Searching for that mythical "one" will get you nowhere fast.

Old 09-06-2012, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
To bad "the one" doesn't really exist. There is more than one person out there. Searching for that mythical "one" will get you nowhere fast.
I understand where you are coming from. Yes it is very hard to find the one good person in your life but "the one" exists for me and at least 30 others that I know who have been married for 20 or more years.

Last debate that I had about this, someone said that "the one" for them was their pet cat. Any man came second. Someone like that probaby needs to be alone.

Old 09-06-2012, 08:45 AM

Quote:
I understand where you are coming from. Yes it is very hard to find the one good person in your life but "the one" exists for me and at least 30 others that I know who have been married for 20 or more years.

Last debate that I had about this, someone said that "the one" for them was their pet cat. Any man came second. Someone like that probaby needs to be alone.
I'm just coming out of a 25 year relationship...or maybe I should say RUNNING AWAY. I thought he was "the one." Nope. Even after more than 2 decades. I used to believe in soul mates. I thought I had found mine. Live and learn.

I'm now convinced that "the one" doesn't exist. When people find someone they click with, they stop looking before they realize there are others they would click with out there as well.

Oh well, I get to do my "clicking" with others now, when I am in the prime of my life and more self assured rather than back when I was young and inexperienced

I do have a better connection with my dogs than most people, too! LOL

Old 09-06-2012, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
I'm just coming out of a 25 year relationship...or maybe I should say RUNNING AWAY. I thought he was "the one." Nope. Even after more than 2 decades. I used to believe in soul mates. I thought I had found mine. Live and learn.

I'm now convinced that "the one" doesn't exist. When people find someone they click with, they stop looking before they realize there are others they would click with out there as well.

Oh well, I get to do my "clicking" with others now, when I am in the prime of my life and more self assured rather than back when I was young and inexperienced

I do have a better connection with my dogs than most people, too! LOL
I am starting to see and hear this more and more. I saw an article a while back about the closer people get to their pets, the further they are from connecting to people.

Anyway, I did it backwards...

I used to "click" with a lot of people before I got married till it got old and boring. Now I "click" with one person which is new and exciting(sometimes challenging).

Old 09-06-2012, 09:33 AM

Quote:
I am starting to see and hear this more and more. I saw an article a while back about the closer people get to their pets, the further they are from connecting to people.

Anyway, I did it backwards...

I used to "click" with a lot of people before I got married till it got old and boring. Now I "click" with one person which is new and exciting(sometimes challenging).

My dogs don't replace people connections. Their companionship and love is different and I wouldn't trade it for anything. But they are drama free and always happy to see me. It is impossible to come home in a bad mood when you are greeted by 2 dancing chihuahuas who want to tackle you and cover you with kisses. No man has ever danced with glee because I came in the door

On the other...I need to make up for lost time!

Old 09-06-2012, 08:42 PM

102 posts, read 275,358 times
Ella, I have often heard "Lock your dog and your man in the trunk of your car for a couple hours. See which one showers you with kisses when you let them out." THAT is true adoration.

Old 09-06-2012, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suetalks View Post
Ella, I have often heard "Lock your dog and your man in the trunk of your car for a couple hours. See which one showers you with kisses when you let them out." THAT is true adoration.

Yep lol

Old 09-07-2012, 06:41 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,503,165 times
Enjoyed all of yer'all's comments on puppy dogs. I absolutely adore our Pomeranian and Chow Chow and how much love they have to share. Funny, back in 1991, when my wife and I were animal-less, I would ask people if they liked dogs. Seems to me more people like dogs now than 20 years ago!

I certainly do! We started out buying a Norwegian Forest cat from a pet store in the Bellis Fair Mall in Bellingham, WA, in Dec.1991. The cat turned out ta be an absolute doll and a loyal friend and companion to all of us for one day short of 16 years.

The first dog we got was a 3 y/o Pom named Abbey. She loved me so much and when that dog died in June of 2004 I thought a large swath of me died along with her. Since then our beloved Rocky (another Pom) lived a life shortened by heart troubles and he passed in Dec.2009.

We took on two shelter cats from Willcox, AZ, in Dec.2006, so we now have the two cats and the 4 y/o Chow Chow and Cotey, an 8 y/o Pom we bought in mid 2004 from a family in mid-Missouri.

I miss these babies so much after just going shopping in Spokane for several hours.

How could I ever be without animals now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas