Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2011, 03:10 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,577,035 times

Advertisements

For what it is worth, I have decided Im going to stay in Vegas for a few years, build up my strip experience. My father is going to be fine and I think a weeklong trip home will be good for me

I have for the most part cut off communication with my family, their negativity was really weighing on me before. My sister had sent me a very nasty text message saying I was a coward, that Im a low life piece of trash, that my kids will be just as ugly and retarded as me, and that Im "nothing and will always be nothing" and that she's a "Superior being and always will be"

And my family seriously wonders why I left?

Old 08-12-2011, 03:14 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,498,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
For what it is worth, I have decided Im going to stay in Vegas for a few years, build up my strip experience. My father is going to be fine and I think a weeklong trip home will be good for me

I have for the most part cut off communication with my family, their negativity was really weighing on me before. My sister had sent me a very nasty text message saying I was a coward, that Im a low life piece of trash, that my kids will be just as ugly and retarded as me, and that Im "nothing and will always be nothing" and that she's a "Superior being and always will be"

...sounds like The Munsters!

Old 08-12-2011, 03:35 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,244,020 times
Quote:
To Spraynard Kruger, I am actually no longer living out of my means, Ive done the math and I should be able to save at least $400 a month. Expenses keep coming up, even with my rent, utils, car payments, car insurance, gas, cell, and CC bills my total monthly expenses are roughly $1200-1400, I earn close to $1900 a month now
How about if you made only $820 a month after taxes? You complain that you are poor and you make well over double what I make. Because of the economy, I am now part time. I work 24 hours a week now instead of 40. I no longer make enough to pay my bills. The only reason I will be ok is was because I managed to save up a nest egg. Even with being extremely frugal, I am going to be short at least $100-$200 a month in which I will have to dip into savings to cover. Luckily, I have enough savings to do this for many years, but life is going to suck now regardless.

Quote:
My sister had sent me a very nasty text message saying I was a coward, that Im a low life piece of trash, that my kids will be just as ugly and retarded as me, and that Im "nothing and will always be nothing" and that she's a "Sup erior being and always will be"
You described my own sister to a tee.

Old 08-12-2011, 04:54 PM

990 posts, read 1,654,521 times
Quote:

What on earth got her so reved up? Did you refuse to lend her money?

Are you sure that Vegas is far enough away from that emotional train wreck?

Old 08-12-2011, 05:16 PM

2,036 posts, read 4,244,573 times
Quote:
Hardly, a majority of what I have done at the Cosmopolitan has not been tipped work, its an extra $100 a week if that, a majority of the summer Ive made jack spit for tips

To Spraynard Kruger, I am actually no longer living out of my means, Ive done the math and I should be able to save at least $400 a month. Expenses keep coming up, even with my rent, utils, car payments, car insurance, gas, cell, and CC bills my total monthly expenses are roughly $1200-1400, I earn close to $1900 a month now
Thats great news!

But you really can do better than that. Forgive me for being such a thorn in your side...but I really see a lot of good in you.

Does the cosmopolitan offer you a retirement plan?

...and I had to add, Davie...after reading about your family situation. Sometimes it's unfortunate but even our family can be emotional vampires and we have to cut that negativity out of our lives so we can succeed. I am no stranger to that sort of thing from the closest of family members.

Hang in there...you have friends here.

Old 08-12-2011, 08:30 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,289,591 times
I think a lot of us have dysfunctional families. Maybe it's normal. Seems very few have perfect wonderful families that really love each other. Rare.

I just got attacked by one of my religious sisters again yesterday. She doesn't understand my style of joking and thinks I am being intentionally mean when I post on the family forum. So she proceeded to tell me how terrible I was, and went on for awhile, then has the gall to say that she loves me because she is my sister. I told her that was a very irritating trait she has, telling off people then throwing the fake love in there. She did this to more in the family before me. I told her a few things as well and thanked her for her honesty. And now I know I no longer have to bother with her and she is definitely off the Christmas list.
Last I checked, she was posting stupid religious passages from the bible that sound more insulting. I don't need this crap.

So for all of you that have issues with your relatives, know that you aren't alone. Maybe we should form a nice big family in here, and get support from one another. Even though we bicker from time to time in here, I still really like most of you more than some in my family.

Old 08-12-2011, 08:41 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,413,498 times
I have one brother who disappeared for years. He now seems to be clean and sober and getting his life back on track. I have another brother who doesn't speak to me or my sister because my sister got everything when our Dad died and I wouldn't contest. My sister gave up her life to care for my parents. No way I would contest. I guess we all put the D in Dysfunctional.

Old 08-12-2011, 08:46 PM

23,222 posts, read 29,044,905 times
I have a sister, and brother-in-law, that I've avoided for years now. I got too edgy visiting them, because I knew, within time, they were going to start proselytizing. I see, thru Facebook, two of their daughters have followed suit, praising God/Jesus in their posts.

To me, it smacks of the insecurity of their beliefs. If you're secure in your beliefs, you're not going to try and shove your beliefs down other people's throats.

Having spent 12 years in parochial Catholic schools (Oh, ya'll guessed that already!) I converted to Tantric Bhuddism 25 years ago and have never looked back. My beliefs are encased in concrete, no insecurity there to try and convert someone.

Old 08-12-2011, 08:47 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,498,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
So for all of you that have issues with your relatives, know that you aren't alone. Maybe we should form a nice big family in here, and get support from one another. Even though we bicker from time to time in here, I still really like most of you more than some in my family.
Please Pink...feel free to consider me your retarded step brother.

Old 08-12-2011, 09:45 PM

23,222 posts, read 29,044,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unf0rgiven6262 View Post
I hate to say it but driving on the shoulder in the middle of the night alone is going to draw immediate attention to yourself. Then not having proper documents is just asking for additional fines. He is also correct that many parks have closing times. You can fight it all you want but I doubt it would do any good whatsoever.
I always fight in it court when I get a traffic fine. No other way!

When I was 21, many moons ago in MN, I got a simple parking fine which I contested and refused to pay.

You ought to have seen the look on the face of the judge when I told him I wasn't paying.

"Alright, that will be 3 days in jail!" And to jail I went, but was released in a day and a half! And believe it or not, I wasn't even aware it hit the newspaper the next day: City man refuses to pay $6 fine, goes to jail! They lost $ on that one, I got 5 fairly decent meals out of it!

My relatives were outraged!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas