Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2020, 08:05 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,488,320 times

Advertisements

chahunt-I am really sorry you had to experience this. Watch out for yourself and be your own best advocate for your health. If you can't do something someone asks then you just can't do it.

I'd love it if this nightmare would end tomorrow but it's going to be around for a long, long time. Economically we've only sadly seen the beginning of the damage COVID-19 has done.

Old 05-02-2020, 04:12 PM

3,475 posts, read 3,275,915 times
Sorry to hear it chahunt! That sucks.

I saw the protestors are at the Governor's Mansion. They're a crazy bunch. Somebody tell them Confederate flags and swastikas are not symbols of freedom and bringing that kind of military grade weaponry is threatening. What do they need to terrorize the governor for?

Bad news.HBO updated and now I can't watch Sopranos. Instead they offer one week free and it's $14.99 a month after that. Boo hoo.

Old 05-02-2020, 04:37 PM

1,254 posts, read 1,057,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry Lee Gather View Post

I saw the protestors are at the Governor's Mansion. They're a crazy bunch. Somebody tell them Confederate flags and swastikas are not symbols of freedom and bringing that kind of military grade weaponry is threatening. What do they need to terrorize the governor for?

I am not saying you are wrong, but I cannot find any evidence of that after reading multiple links on it. I do not see any confederate flags nor do I see any swastikas. I do see United States flags and military grade weaponry, but that is it.

Old 05-02-2020, 05:32 PM

10,609 posts, read 5,639,469 times

The above sign is at the post office.

"No more than 10 customers in the lobby."

In fact, there were 35 customers. Only 7 were wearing masks.

Old 05-02-2020, 10:51 PM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times
Scientists are puzzled as to why so few smokers are getting the virus, and some are attributing it to nicotine as a deterrent to getting the virus. Scientists are getting busy doing research on nicotine. But not so far as to recommend wearing nicotine patches yet.

We forget that tobacco is an herb with medicinal properties.

And my guess is that some day tobacco will follow marijuana for its health benefits.

When Columbus took the first load of tobacco back to Spain, initially, recognizing the medicinal properties, tobacco was only going to be used for medicinal purposes, but the pleasure principle took over.

I have COPD, and I still smoke, but a little more than a half pack a day, Real tobacco that I roll myself. And please no lectures as my ears will be plugged.

Some of this info comes from the most recent issue of The Economist, entitled An Unexpected Ally/Smokers Seem Less Likely Than Non-Smokers To Fall Ill With Covid-19.

Of course, the anti-smoking extremists will denounce this offhand.

Last edited by tijlover; 05-02-2020 at 11:23 PM..

Old 05-03-2020, 12:09 AM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,112,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Scientists are puzzled as to why so few smokers are getting the virus, and some are attributing it to nicotine as a deterrent to getting the virus. Scientists are getting busy doing research on nicotine. But not so far as to recommend wearing nicotine patches yet.

We forget that tobacco is an herb with medicinal properties.

And my guess is that some day tobacco will follow marijuana for its health benefits.

When Columbus took the first load of tobacco back to Spain, initially, recognizing the medicinal properties, tobacco was only going to be used for medicinal purposes, but the pleasure principle took over.

I have COPD, and I still smoke, but a little more than a half pack a day, Real tobacco that I roll myself. And please no lectures as my ears will be plugged.

Some of this info comes from the most recent issue of The Economist, entitled An Unexpected Ally/Smokers Seem Less Likely Than Non-Smokers To Fall Ill With Covid-19.

Of course, the anti-smoking extremists will denounce this offhand.

I'm sure the plant has some benefit. But I don't think smoking it does. It's pretty clear that it kills people.

I'm not anti-smoking by the way. Your body your choice.

Old 05-03-2020, 02:03 AM

3,475 posts, read 3,275,915 times
Who would have thought the world would be quarantined for two months in 2020?

Old 05-03-2020, 03:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA View Post
I'm sure the plant has some benefit. But I don't think smoking it does. It's pretty clear that it kills people.

I'm not anti-smoking by the way. Your body your choice.
If it's proven that nicotine reduces your chances of getting the virus, then let's put in in pill form. They've been talking about it for decades, making it in pill form.

And no, I'm a smoker, and I don't want to see anyone else taking up that habit.

Old 05-03-2020, 08:26 AM

10,609 posts, read 5,639,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
If it's proven that nicotine reduces your chances of getting the virus, then let's put in in pill form. They've been talking about it for decades, making it in pill form.
What's wrong with the patch & the chewing gum?

Old 05-03-2020, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RationalExpectations View Post
What's wrong with the patch & the chewing gum?
Any time I've used the nicotine gum to quit smoking I hiccupped like crazy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas