Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2020, 07:33 PM

2,599 posts, read 2,319,291 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA View Post
I traded my motorcycle for it. I have no desire to keep it, it's already for sale. But I want to ride it before someone buys it. I plan to get a dual sport when it sells. drz400 is what I'm after. 2000 Kawasaki KX250 is what I have. I want it to be able to put put down trails. The kx250 is 2 stroke so it doesn't really put put. It wants to rip.
I doubt the Kx can be plated.

FWIW, the drz400 is good if you ride more dirt than street. The DR650 is better if you ride more street than dirt, or even 50/50.

I owned a KLR650 in the past. I was a little disappointed with it's abilities, though that was in the sand. It was great around town.

Old 04-21-2020, 09:59 PM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,112,421 times
I've been doing hardcore research. The 400 is what I want. Ill take a 200 for the right price. The only road driving I want to do is to the gas station and down the street to trails.
Kx can't be plated. And it's not suitable for my needs.

I tested a 650 it is too tall for me.

Old 04-21-2020, 10:10 PM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry Lee Gather View Post
When I worked at the hospital I worked with a couple suicide cases. It was heartbreaking. One man shot half his face off with a shotgun and set the house on fire while he was still in it but survived. Probably one of the most horrifying cases I saw and you could tell he still wanted to die and finish the job.

I'm for compassionate assisted suicide too. In some States it's a felony to try to kill yourself. I didn't know that about assisted suicide in Europe. Europe has always been way more liberal with life, death and sex.
If you worked in a hospital, you're well aware of the term Legal 2000.

If you're in a nursing home and you say to a Nurse you wish you were dead, wish you would die, that's grounds to Legal 2000 that person to a Psych Ward for 4 days, to pound some sense into that person, even if they're 80 years old.

When I worked in a LTC/Rehab facility I instructed all my patients never to say they wanted to die to a nurse or a Dr. and I told them what could happen to them.

Old 04-21-2020, 10:30 PM

3,475 posts, read 3,275,915 times
I've never heard of that, but this was Idaho around 20 years ago now. Worked mostly inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation for about ten years. Wasn't on the psych ward much but did rotate there a few times. It was a separate facility from the main hospital. That's when I met the failed shotgun suicide.

Old 04-21-2020, 11:40 PM

355 posts, read 213,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA View Post
I've been doing hardcore research. The 400 is what I want. Ill take a 200 for the right price. The only road driving I want to do is to the gas station and down the street to trails.
Kx can't be plated. And it's not suitable for my needs.

I tested a 650 it is too tall for me.
I had a DR-Z400 for many years. This was before they had the Supermoto version, but I had two sets of wheels and brakes for the best of both worlds. It's a little heavy for a 400 but the motor is rock f*****g solid and it's a great bike. You're on the right track...pun intended

The Official Las Vegas Chat Thread ~ Part-1-06.jpg

Old 04-22-2020, 12:23 AM

1,286 posts, read 1,480,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry Lee Gather View Post
I've never heard of that, but this was Idaho around 20 years ago now. Worked mostly inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation for about ten years. Wasn't on the psych ward much but did rotate there a few times. It was a separate facility from the main hospital. That's when I met the failed shotgun suicide.
You likely haven’t heard of it because the term changes from state to state. I had never heard it either until I moved back to Nevada. L2K (legal 2000) is commonplace in the hospital. In Utah it’s referred to as “Blue sheet” or “Pink Sheet” for legal holds.

Old 04-22-2020, 04:44 AM

94 posts, read 42,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
There are times someone will dig into the past, resuscitate some bygone thread, and down memory lane I go, and checking to see what was their last posts before not hearing from them again. I stumbled across a resuscitated thread a little while back, all the way to 2009, 10 years!

I interacted with on some Astrology threads some time ago, and I'm guessing she'd be the type to get bored with this and move on to more exciting venues.

Old 04-22-2020, 06:17 AM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chahunt View Post
You likely haven’t heard of it because the term changes from state to state. I had never heard it either until I moved back to Nevada. L2K (legal 2000) is commonplace in the hospital. In Utah it’s referred to as “Blue sheet” or “Pink Sheet” for legal holds.
I had a patient once, a really feisty overweight woman from Latin America, who stupidly told a Nurse: If I can't return to my home country and be with family (Belize) I want to die.

Legal 2000'd to a Psych Ward for 4 days, and when she came back she had rings around her ankles and wrists, which denoted to me she was 4-postered to a bed, to control her.

When she returned, she was never the same and died 2 weeks later. One of the more happier deaths I witnessed.

And how many times in the real world, you have a very frustrating day and you mentioned to someone you wish you were dead, or would die, and no one sent you off to a Psych Ward because of it. Free speech, where art thou?

Old 04-22-2020, 07:34 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,488,320 times
And how many times in the real world, you have a very frustrating day and you mentioned to someone you wish you were dead, or would die, and no one sent you off to a Psych Ward because of it. Free speech, where art thou?

Falls under the category of "be careful what you wish for."

Old 04-22-2020, 02:02 PM

3,475 posts, read 3,275,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chahunt View Post
I never encountered this but I mainly worked in Occupational Rehabilitation helping people get back to work and the real world. Mostly with worker comp patients who had been on workers comp for far too long. Before that I worked the entire hospital system and saw all kinds of cases. I'll have to ask my medical friends in Idaho and Oregon if there is anything like that and ask my Sister in Texas since she's a labor and delivery nurse. Maybe they'll know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas