Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2011, 09:55 AM

5,779 posts, read 14,585,319 times

Advertisements

Sun City Summerlin is very nice, lots of real great views towards the top of the hill

The people there are very nice too, they used to come to my Vons store and it was always a.good conversation until they began to ramble on, lol I was always courteous, some continued to ramble even after I left and got back to work

Old 04-25-2011, 11:31 AM

179 posts, read 390,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
Sun City Summerlin is very nice, lots of real great views towards the top of the hill

The people there are very nice too, they used to come to my Vons store and it was always a.good conversation until they began to ramble on, lol I was always courteous, some continued to ramble even after I left and got back to work
Hah. I just thought of something funny. Sun City, Sin City. Hah.

I ramble too, would fit right in.

Old 04-25-2011, 11:49 AM

437 posts, read 793,004 times
Just wondering if some people are really moving to LV?

Old 04-25-2011, 11:53 AM

Quote:

At what point is considered "top of the hill"?

Does that mean when you get to the 215 your are "top of the hill" at that point, or does it go higher?

Old 04-25-2011, 12:05 PM

3,728 posts, read 9,477,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheryl_Jones View Post
At what point is considered "top of the hill"?

Does that mean when you get to the 215 your are "top of the hill" at that point, or does it go higher?
No, Sun City Summerlin ends at the 215 Beltway. There is currently no development on the West side of the 215 in that general area (directly west of Sun City Summerlin). But it's coming, road grading and the extension of Summerlin Parkway West is already beginning. Probably when people start buying new homes again enmass, the Howard Hughes Corp (Summerlin) will start building homes for their newest village in that corridor, right up to the base of the Spring Mountains.

Davie is talking about the West Lake Mead/215 area upper elevation of Sun City Summerlin. That's probably the highest elevation in Sun City. Nice views from up there when you're coming "down" from there heading east.

Being all the homes are one story, I don't know if any of them have any "views" from the house, but maybe Olecapt can chime in, he knows the area best.

Old 04-25-2011, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomMom View Post
No, Sun City Summerlin ends at the 215 Beltway. There is currently no development on the West side of the 215 in that general area (directly west of Sun City Summerlin). But it's coming, road grading and the extension of Summerlin Parkway West is already beginning. Probably when people start buying new homes again enmass, the Howard Hughes Corp (Summerlin) will start building homes for their newest village in that corridor, right up to the base of the Spring Mountains.

Davie is talking about the West Lake Mead/215 area upper elevation of Sun City Summerlin. That's probably the highest elevation in Sun City. Nice views from up there when you're coming "down" from there heading east.

Being all the homes are one story, I don't know if any of them have any "views" from the house, but maybe Olecapt can chime in, he knows the area best.

Does it peak at West Lake Mead and 215 and then start going down again heading north?

I'm trying to imagine.

I am particularly interested in the West Cheyenne, West Gowan and West Alexander stretch of the 215, if that area also is higher up and has the views as long as it's not sitting behind Lone Mountain which would block everything out.

That would be due north of Sun ("Sin" - Hah!) City but before Lone Mountain.

Would having a view translate into better market value in the future than something without a view, or does "view" in LV imply far distant view with the Strip being just a tiny little blob of light on the horizon line? I mean the idea of "view" in these areas in the hillsides, these aren't the same as "in your face" views like one has in a downtown skyscraper, correct? Is it like a Hollywood Hills type view?

Old 04-25-2011, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheryl_Jones View Post
Does it peak at West Lake Mead and 215 and then start going down again heading north?

I'm trying to imagine.

I am particularly interested in the West Cheyenne, West Gowan and West Alexander stretch of the 215, if that area also is higher up and has the views as long as it's not sitting behind Lone Mountain which would block everything out.

That would be due north of Sun ("Sin" - Hah!) City but before Lone Mountain.

Would having a view translate into better market value in the future than something without a view, or does "view" in LV imply far distant view with the Strip being just a tiny little blob of light on the horizon line? I mean the idea of "view" in these areas in the hillsides, these aren't the same as "in your face" views like one has in a downtown skyscraper, correct? Is it like a Hollywood Hills type view?
There ARE developments in those areas you mentioned that are definately behind Lone Mountain, and yes, that would be the only thing you would see.

Getting up high, West Cheyenne-Cliff Shadows Parkway might interest you. Finding a house with a good view is difficult at best, as usually another house blocks the view. Sometimes you get a partial view from a particular window or the edge of your balcony.

Usually the listings from the MLS will say the house has "Strip view" or "Mountain view", it's definately a selling feature, but not a guarantee that you're going to get the most perfect vantage point view in the valley.

And that's going to be one of those things that only seeing it for yourself in person will tell you, and also, determining that nothing in the future could ever be built to obstruct that view.

Old 04-25-2011, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrtx View Post
Just wondering if some people are really moving to LV?
They sure are! Article from Feb of this year, but based on the 2010 Census..

Hard times don't stop Las Vegas influx - USATODAY.com

Old 04-25-2011, 07:38 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,585,319 times
Lots of negative commentson that article

Old 04-25-2011, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Lots of negative commentson that article
When you get to the exulted stage in life when you're ready to buy a home, you'll feel some empathy with those negative commenters.

When the recession started I had two of my homes that had dropped in value, yet I was still paying the exorbitant boom time property taxes on them. I filed and went before the board for the City of Las Vegas and got my property taxes reduced big time.

Now I'm sittin' purdy

Taxes is a bad word in Nevada, lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas