Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2011, 05:19 PM

11,175 posts, read 16,008,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
The 10th annual pay your taxes and get a free admission to Shark Reef at Mandalay bay is tomorrow. Details here:
Shark Reef Tax Relief Day at Mandalay Bay | LasVegasVegas.com - The Vegas News Blog (http://www.lasvegasvegas.com/content/shark-reef-tax-relief-day-mandalay-bay-1302652727 - broken link)
If you have to pay, you may as well get something back.
Thanks so much for posting this, Pink. Although we filed our taxes a couple of months ago, according to your link, all one had to do was show up with an envelope addressed to the IRS and you still qualified for the free tix. That is exactly what we did earlier this afternoon!

I'd like to give you a rep for your post - - - in fact, I'd like to give you about 30 reps because that is the amount of money we saved by not having to pay admission today! Unfortunately, I must spread the reps around a little more before C-D allows me to acknowledge you once again.

Thanks again.

Old 04-18-2011, 11:30 PM

2,557 posts, read 4,566,196 times
How did the animals look? The last time I was there the crocodile and the komodo dragon were stuck in tiny spaces and looked miserable. The sharks looked amazing though.

On a side note, for anyone wondering, fletcher canyon trail on mt. charleston is free of snow about 2/3 of the way up. I don't know how many people here hike at all but I couldn't find any info about snow levels before I left so I did so on faith. 90 degrees here the other day was a perfect 70-75 there.

Old 04-19-2011, 05:28 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,571,323 times
Default Davie's Playlist

I've caught wind of some AWESOME songs as of late and I thought I'd share them with you guys. My music taste is a bit strange, I love music from the 80s

This first one, I happened to catch on Power 88 "The Soul School Station" as I was cruising around Centennial Hills last week looking at apts

YouTube - Midnight Star - Night Rider (Funk)

The second one I heard yesterday on my way to work

YouTube - The Bar-Kays - Freakshow On The Dance Floor

Old 04-19-2011, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomMom View Post
When its A/C weather in Las Vegas Sheryl, it's A/C weather all over the valley. While I can't say for sure about the perimeters of the valley to the North and East, I know that up here in West part of the valley (Summerlin-Lone Mountain) it's always a few degrees cooler (and I mean a few) than any temps officially shown for the Strip. We also might get snow flurries in winter and sometimes an inch or two of snow, whereas, the rest of the valley might get none, and vice a versa.

Being closer to the Spring Mountains does in fact, change your climate/weather a bit, but in summer, you'll need the A/C no matter if you're on the Strip, in Henderson, NLV, Summerlin area and everywhere on the Beltway.
This is true, its a hot desert out there regardless of your location in the Vegas Valley

The east side of town (Nellis Blvd area) being at the lowest elevation is also the hottest. Its not uncommon for the temps to go well into the 110s while Summerlin, Lone Mtn, and CH may hit 105 at most. This past summer wasnt too bad. It was a shock to me though to be out driving on 95 well after midnight and the temp was still well in the 90s. I remember the day it was 117 on the strip last July, the hottest Ive ever felt. I can handle up to 105 w/o the humidity. once it gets above 110, its just too damn hot IMO and I only go out if I ABSOLUTELY have to. Ice cold A/C for me please And the 90s at night feels similar to the warm muggy nights backin Orlando, minus the mosquitoes

Old 04-20-2011, 12:06 AM

23,209 posts, read 29,023,557 times
I'm at one of the lower elevations of the valley, meaning hotter temps in summer, yet a bit warmer in winter. I know there's an area of Anthem that goes up to 3250 feet in altitude.

So! They have a cooler summer, yes, but come winter I'm not freezing quite as much as they are or over in the furthest reaches of the west valley.

So, if you have the $$$, buy a summer home in the highest altitude area of Anthem, and a winter home on the valley floor.

Old 04-20-2011, 12:13 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,277,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unf0rgiven6262 View Post
How did the animals look? The last time I was there the crocodile and the komodo dragon were stuck in tiny spaces and looked miserable. The sharks looked amazing though.

On a side note, for anyone wondering, fletcher canyon trail on mt. charleston is free of snow about 2/3 of the way up. I don't know how many people here hike at all but I couldn't find any info about snow levels before I left so I did so on faith. 90 degrees here the other day was a perfect 70-75 there.
The crocodile and the komodo dragon were still in the same smaller enclosures. The crocodile was wedged halfway in and out of the water ignoring everyone. The crocodile did open one eye for a second or two, then back to sleep.

Old 04-20-2011, 12:17 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,277,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
Thanks so much for posting this, Pink. Although we filed our taxes a couple of months ago, according to your link, all one had to do was show up with an envelope addressed to the IRS and you still qualified for the free tix. That is exactly what we did earlier this afternoon!

I'd like to give you a rep for your post - - - in fact, I'd like to give you about 30 reps because that is the amount of money we saved by not having to pay admission today! Unfortunately, I must spread the reps around a little more before C-D allows me to acknowledge you once again.

Thanks again.
You are welcome. We also saved $34, went for about an hour and had a good time. We hadn't been there since the first one when my husband was interviewed on TV. It was a big deal back then being the first time. Back then it was a table set up inside right by Shark Reef with workers and reporters from one of the TV stations. It hasn't changed much from the first time, maybe a few new fish like the guitar fish/shark. Very interesting.

Old 04-20-2011, 08:05 AM

11,175 posts, read 16,008,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
You are welcome. We also saved $34, went for about an hour and had a good time. We hadn't been there since the first one when my husband was interviewed on TV. It was a big deal back then being the first time. Back then it was a table set up inside right by Shark Reef with workers and reporters from one of the TV stations.
Well, it certainly isn't a big thing now. Before going, I tried to find anything "official" about it on the Mandalay Bay website and couldn't. We went anyway since MB is only about 7-8 minutes from our house, but spent about that much time driving around the property trying to find it once we got there. We knew it was located somewhere near the south entrance, but we still had trouble finding it. When we finally found it, there were just two women standing near a mailbox in the far corner of an empty parking lot with a postal van nearby. No lines, no signs, no nothing. I handed one woman our two empty envelopes addressed to the IRS and she handed me the two tickets.

Old 04-20-2011, 09:31 AM

Does anybody know how I can sell my car while.i still owe money on it? I'm planning to sell because I dont have $400 a month for Nv insurance, or $200 to register my car, I plan on trading ijn my car for something similar to LVDs 91 ford resort so I can have cheap ins and registration

Old 04-20-2011, 09:48 AM

3,728 posts, read 9,471,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
Does anybody know how I can sell my car while.i still owe money on it? I'm planning to sell because I dont have $400 a month for Nv insurance, or $200 to register my car, I plan on trading ijn my car for something similar to LVDs 91 ford resort so I can have cheap ins and registration
$400 a month insurance??? $4800 a year

YIKES!!! What the heck you driving?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas