Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2011, 11:46 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,595,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
I'm one of these people who stubbornly refuses to take anti-depression medication, but thank God my work doesn't call for a public image face, and I can let it all hang out, and if my moods disturb someone, let them take some medication if it's too difficult to deal with my moods.

And, I take a rather sadistic pleasure in upsetting postive-minded people!
Suffer! Suffer! I'm suffering, so you can suffer a little too!
I would have never thought that of you. You strike me as a very optimistic outgoing person....especially after I hear about you walking your ferret along the Strip taking pictures with strangers, lol.

Plus you are so funny.

Old 01-25-2011, 11:48 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,595,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aitchem View Post
Who do you think is the most negative person to post on this site?
I'm too positive to comment.

Old 01-26-2011, 01:03 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,291,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
People who are postive minded don't have a clue what goes on in the mind of a naturally negative person, like myself, who has suffered from depression all my life.

What you're saying is: you wake up, there's clouds in the skies, and you can push the clouds away and let the sunshine in? If it were only that easy!!!

I'm one of these people who stubbornly refuses to take anti-depression medication, but thank God my work doesn't call for a public image face, and I can let it all hang out, and if my moods disturb someone, let them take some medication if it's too difficult to deal with my moods.

And, I take a rather sadistic pleasure in upsetting postive-minded people!
Suffer! Suffer! I'm suffering, so you can suffer a little too!
Force yourself to be happy if that's what it takes. Or drown in misery. Your choice.
I am not always happy, and I DO have to force myself at times to put on a happy face when sometimes all i want to do is smack someone.

What I am trying to say to people is, it's a choice. How you feel from day to day, hour to hour,etc. People come in here and complain that it's the city, their street, their job, their neighbors, their girlfriend, boyfriend, etc that makes them unhappy. It's not them, or any one thing, but for negative people, those things will contribute to the way they feel. It's just the way it is for them.
Now to other more positive types, some cannot figure out why someone wants to drown in misery all the time when outside the sun is shining and if you got outside and soaked up some rays, your mood would improve ten fold.
Some of you that work nights, do you ever get out in the sunshine? That alone would make someone depressed, never just sitting in the sun, letting it wash over you. People that work nights, sleep all day and don't venture outside until it's dark never see the sun, and that alone will make someone depressed, anxious, negative,etc.
Medication is not the answer. We live in an over medicated society as it is.
I am just glad I don't know most of you in real life offline. You could drive people nuts. But I can drive people even more nuts. So there.

Old 01-26-2011, 05:39 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,504,856 times
I'm expecting Davie to post right about now...on how he just had a bad day the other day...and life is now grand, again.

Old 01-26-2011, 05:43 AM

23,223 posts, read 29,056,523 times
Happy, positive people irk the hell out of negative people, and we all know what negative people do to the positive types.

I'll start taking my anti-depressant medication, now and then, (was prescribed to me as early as 10th grade but didn't want to get addicted to it) if the perennial, happy types take some anti-happy medication, now and then.

Why? Because I firmly believe in a balanced world.

Better stop here. Use that word balance, and someone will accuse me of being a Libran!

Last edited by tijlover; 01-26-2011 at 05:44 AM.. Reason: edit

Old 01-26-2011, 08:09 AM

762 posts, read 1,562,724 times
Lets see the list goes on Wellbutruin, cymbalta, zoloft even Lithum at one point. Yes I march to the tune of the down and out.
And I hate to be medicated. Everyone I know says with what I am going thru I should be. I refuse to medicate myself because of something I cannot control.

Old 01-26-2011, 08:30 AM

762 posts, read 1,562,724 times
I have a way to resolve the housing crisis that I think is excellent.
If the bank gives a loan for a house for 200,000 that house can never be worth less.
Banks won't give loans on homes that are not worth every penny.
In other words no one can ever buy the house for less. So the appraisal had better be spot on. The price had better be spot on and the market will not affect it.
Thoughts?

Old 01-26-2011, 08:46 AM

9,376 posts, read 11,949,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skisickie View Post
I have a way to resolve the housing crisis that I think is excellent.
If the bank gives a loan for a house for 200,000 that house can never be worth less.
Banks won't give loans on homes that are not worth every penny.
In other words no one can ever buy the house for less. So the appraisal had better be spot on. The price had better be spot on and the market will not affect it.
Thoughts?
Wouldn't that be cool! But, if an area becomes undesirable, for whatever reason...then no one would buy that home at that price, they would go elsewhere. Then the house would sit and rot. Right?

Old 01-26-2011, 09:21 AM

1,410 posts, read 3,320,287 times
Pink, you said that so well, "if you can't afford a Vet visit, you can't afford a dog."

Davie, learn what manipulation is. If you don't buy her x number of gifts, or the right gift, or the right priced gift, she will spend her birthday alone? Wonderful. Tell her not to let the door hit her in the butt. If I'm not mistaken, your money will be terribly tight if you do the right thing and take the sick pup to the Vet? This is a dog you BOTH took on, right. She works right? Okay, let the Vet visit come out of her paycheck and then you will have the money to buy her the right birthday present she approves of so she will spend her birthday with you.

Old 01-26-2011, 09:39 AM

9,376 posts, read 11,949,011 times
Plus, a gift AND lunch at Mt. Charleston? Their food is pretty pricey for someone on a budget. A burger and fries is $15.00! Add a drink and you are easily looking at a $50.00 meal for the both of you. I am thinking a sweet card is sufficient for your budget! Especially with a dog, that she wanted, right? I won't go into the dog thing, because it is a sore subject for me. Been there, done that. Lived and learned. Dogs and kids are not just "cute".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas