Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2016, 01:30 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,503,165 times

Advertisements

Wow, LVD, what a shocker that you came back here to chat! I am glad that you're sober and that you're doing all right. No, I never hated you either. I think you have (or probably more realistically, had) a bad feeling about yourself, you'd be surprised how many of us old regulars on here don't mind you at all.

Good to hear you're earning a good living, too. Very sad to hear about aqualung. Give him my regards, any of you regulars on here - if you should ever see him in the future. His health sounds very bad and I am truly sad about that. You two used to be the light of this forum - it's really dead now. Though I know that several still come on here now and a then ta post this or that. And JDavie89 is back in Vegas baby! Everyone take care and they're talking about a possible NFL franchise coming to Lost Wages.

Wouldn't it be a natural ta have a NFL football team in Vegas?

Old 05-20-2016, 01:31 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,126,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
I've had my own secretive knowledge of LVD's problem all along, through a birthdate delineation, but given that so many laugh at, ridicule, denounce the whole idea of Astrology, which I've been studying for 30-40 years, it would all be a nothing more than a foreign language, to the left-brained crowd, if I were to expound on it.

Left-brained: heavy influence of reason and logic, attributed to the signs Libra, Gemini, Aquarius (will only subscribe to it if it's scientifically, logically proven) and the earth signs of Taurus, Capricorn and Virgo (if I can't touch it, smell it, see it, I have no use for it).

One's astrological Sun sign, in many cases, is only a small part of you, and in some cases, nonexistent.
Most people would be shocked at how much your Moon sign reveals about you, or one's Ascendant/Rising sign.
Ha! I remember you calling me out as a Capricorn moon sign when I was first here years ago. ( Sagittarius sun sign) you attributed that call-out as recognition of a very dark sense of humor.

Old 05-20-2016, 02:47 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,433,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
Wow, LVD, what a shocker that you came back here to chat! I am glad that you're sober and that you're doing all right. No, I never hated you either. I think you have (or probably more realistically, had) a bad feeling about yourself, you'd be surprised how many of us old regulars on here don't mind you at all.

Good to hear you're earning a good living, too. Very sad to hear about aqualung. Give him my regards, any of you regulars on here - if you should ever see him in the future. His health sounds very bad and I am truly sad about that. You two used to be the light of this forum - it's really dead now. Though I know that several still come on here now and a then ta post this or that. And JDavie89 is back in Vegas baby!
It was great to see him here, if only for a guest appearance! This thread was essential reading for me a few years ago.

I stayed on Fremont Street in February, and I wondered where aqualung was. He usually was stood there smoking a cigar, with his veil on. I hope he recovers soon.

Old 05-20-2016, 03:33 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,294,055 times
Of all the times we used to go to Fremont street, we never once saw Aqualung and his lady. We just do not go down there anymore.

Old 05-20-2016, 03:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
Of all the times we used to go to Fremont street, we never once saw Aqualung and his lady. We just do not go down there anymore.
How come you've stopped visiting Fremont Street Pink? There have been changes I'm not keen on, like the so called up dating of the Golden Gate. But, I guess the new owner can do as he pleases with the place. It used to have a real nice vibe in there, but now it's loud music, and girls dancing above the blackjack tables.

But, I still enjoy playing cards in the California and the Fremont. I can take or leave the screaming folks flying overhead..........

Old 05-20-2016, 04:00 AM

23,222 posts, read 29,061,361 times
More than likely, Aqualung has joined the ranks of Medicaid, free health care if nothing else, Section 8 housing, food stamps and some spending money.

Working in a LTC/Rehab facility, we get any number of homeless people that make their way to our facility, via the Hospital, and they eventually join the Medicaid ranks.

With State and Federal guidelines, we cannot, no choice available, merely dump anyone on the streets after treatment, we must insure that everyone transitions to a safe, secure environment, which can take some time.

Currently, we have 2 in the facility, awaiting a Section 8 unit to open up for them.

If they walk away from the facility, go AMA, then that ends our responsibilities to them.

Old 05-20-2016, 06:27 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,503,165 times
tijlover - are ya headin' ta Tucson, the home of that lady with a luscious voice, Linda Ronstadt? Of all the places ta look at and live, Mrs.elkotronics and I are looking at the Hot Springs, AR, area ta relocate to when I retire in 5 years, 3 months, 8 hours, 8 minutes and 44 seconds. I actually made up the 44 seconds as I don't have a sweep second hand clock anywhere near me here on my desktop. Hardy-harr-har.

What d'ya think? Tucson's close proximity to Mexican dentists and lower medicine costs would be really nice. Right now it's Hot Springs, AR, in the number one position and Tucson, AZ, number two for me.

"What do you do, Number 2?" ~ Austin Powers - 'International Man of Mystery'

Old 05-20-2016, 07:48 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,299,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
How come you've stopped visiting Fremont Street Pink? There have been changes I'm not keen on, like the so called up dating of the Golden Gate. But, I guess the new owner can do as he pleases with the place. It used to have a real nice vibe in there, but now it's loud music, and girls dancing above the blackjack tables.

But, I still enjoy playing cards in the California and the Fremont. I can take or leave the screaming folks flying overhead..........

I still stay on Fremont every time I go. And I saw Aqualung several times over the last few years.

Old 05-20-2016, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
I still stay on Fremont every time I go. And I saw Aqualung several times over the last few years.
Same here Elle....... I wouldn't want to stay on the strip. I stayed at the Plaza last visit in February. I used to always see aqualung, but not last time. I wondered where he was because the weather was real nice, not cold.

Old 05-20-2016, 12:30 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,294,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post

The Golden gate used to be our favorite place. But the machines are too tight now, the noise in there is too much, the music really sucks unless you are 21 years old. I hate rap, it's crap. An assault on the brain. And I guess those dancing girls don't know how to dance to anything but that.
The only place we have been in within the last year down there is the Plaza. They give us free slot play now and then and my other half will go anywhere for free money.

One of the biggest things keeping us away is the parking issue. The last time we were there, we had to keep sending D out to leave the lot and drive back in, thereby not paying anything for parking. Plaza installed the automated parking thing, doing away with the attendant most of the time. So if you time it right, you don't have to pay anything. But you have to do a lot of running back and forth and that gets old. Especially when you're old. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas